Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I found DoA to be dumb fun with friends that aren't into fighters. The stages and attack animations are pretty. That's...pretty much it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Pretty sure one of the ads for Xtreme Beach Volleyball had the tagline "Tissues not included."

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Do character bans in fighting games usually involve some kind of council voting or something?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

40 OZ posted:

Daigo trains 9 hours a day, 363 days a year. And that doesn't include the 2 hours he spends commuting to the arcade.

Source:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/01/srk-interview-with-daigo-ae2012-being-a-top-gamer-and-a-new-training-regimen/

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/dec/01/roundup-daigo-plays-363-days-year-shadowloo-trailer-more/

He already trains like a korean starcraft pro. He is overall the best and wins more tournaments than anyone, but I think this is some proof that the edges you get in FG aren't as big as in starcraft.

This is all in context of spectators, who buy into the 'FRAUD' mentality every time he loses, which is quite a bit.

:stare:

Doesn't he have (or had) a full time job as well? I seem to recall reading somewhere that he works in an emergency room. How in the world does he fit everything in?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Cinroth posted:

Except there isn't a Raiden in Tekken.

Speaking of Tekken, since there's no Tekken thread and there are others like me who are excited for TTT2, if you are new to Tekken then this post is pretty much the best possible introduction to TTT2/Tekken in general there is (that I've found) and everyone should read it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443772

Hot drat. Gotta give Neogaf credit. They go all out on OPs for major games.

EDIT: Super stoked for S-tier Hwoarang. Sit on defeated opponents every day.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 7, 2011

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Have lineups ever changed from the initial announcement?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

An ideal fighting game of mine would somehow combine Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Capcom vs. SNK, and Def Jam: Fight for New York. Also it would have Soul Calibur's customization and Blazblue/Guilty Gear's level of special quotes and taunts.

More realistically, I thought it would always be cool to have some kind of arena fighter that's a mix between Powerstone, Virtual On, and Bushido Blade that revolves around John Woo/Jackie Chan-esque fights. Lots of stage interaction and possibly a "stylish" mode where each fighter as unlimited health and the goal is to rack up points from combos and variation.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I just want a new, good King of Fighters with a cast that isn't totally boring. And it has to have Blue Mary.

What the gently caress, SNK? :argh:

Guarantee Vanessa, May Lee, and the cast of Garou and I'm right with you.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I don't think it is? And in all fairness, Hitomi is half German, so her looking European would make sense.

Fake Edit: Wait, you can see her bra strap through the top. Dammit. :sigh:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

The announcer hype of that match really makes it awesome.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Kind of an odd question, but what are some basics for fighting game commentating? I may have a chance to commentate for some silly Soul Calibur V scrub stream my friends are doing, and I figure I might as well give it a shot. :shobon:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

ImperialGuard posted:

Game knowledge is an important thing. You don't want to sound like Adam Sessler that one time he did commentary at EVO.

It also (seems) to help to have someone else commentating with you so that you can split the duties of talking about the action and talking about more analytical game knowledge stuff.

Boxman posted:

Don't get too caught up in play by play. poo poo happens too fast, and commentary where you're just narrating is bad commentary.

Thanks, guys! Yeah, I'm going practicing a lot to brush up on the mechanics and whatnot. Also, and I guess this is SC specific, how important would you say knowing button inputs for moves are? To me, it would just seem awkward to be constantly going "Left, right, right, A" etc. I guess that would fall into the "narrating" aspect.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

For Sega, I see Leanne from Resonance of Fate, Ichiro Ogami from Sakura Wars, and Not-John McLane from Dynamite Cop (aka Die Hard Arcade in the US). I'm interested.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Groghammer posted:

Managed to grab a PS3 stick. They're running out really quickly!

Got lucky while on the wait list and grabbed a 360 one. I pretty much did blink and lose out on getting one when the sale first started.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Is yomi the new homogeneous /SoCal?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

So in one way or another the shirt really is SoCal.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 27, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Nerokerubina posted:

I remember one dude at Socal Regionals was wearing a John Cena shirt can we agree to mock him before we mock fg shirt people.

Hey at least Cena had that awesome fake screenshot of Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Or LI Joe. Don't think I've ever heard him curse.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

DOA is a guilty pleasure of mine so I'll check this out. The video of the training mode Tecmo released a little bit ago was really cool.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Well Tekken 3 was the first really amazing one, for what that's worth. Soul Calibur took a big nosedive after 2 though.

E: Alpha 2 fits the rule too.

But came back at 5! Uhh, any other games that could apply to as well?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

blumpkinbliss posted:

Jesus. Somebody hug that poor bastard.

I understand now why he's so enthusiastic when with fans. We're the only ones giving support. :smith:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I figure it would be someone like Alex Valle. Does he work for Capcom or was that only for Cross Assault?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I can't help but think that Seth's leaving is somehow related to that recent Ono interview. :tinfoil:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Why can't he be Korean? :mad: Unless he's Canadian/Korean, I guess. Good to see TKD represented at least.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Veib posted:

Because every single TKD character ever has been Korean.

No, but I feel there should be more Koreans in fighting games!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Also assless chaps.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I miss his military uniform from 4. I thought that looked cool. Also trailer for the new DoA guy: http://freestepdodge.com/media/rigs-debut-trailer.450/

Seems like they're adding English voices this time.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Bring back Angel, May Lee, and the Agent Team. :(

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

DOA is a guilty pleasure of mine, so I do appreciate the videos!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

uncleKitchener posted:

Since you're interested, you can watch the game in all its e-sport glory here.

Really weird to not hear/see the crowd. Guess that's an E-sports thing? And single elimination? :psyduck:

Fake Edit: Is DOA Kayane's main game? The announcers seemed surprised she was eliminated.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Anyone have that picture of Ryu's default colors in all of the iterations of Street Fighter II? I think Capcom posted it for the 25th Anniversary.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 3, 2012

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Cass posted:

This the one you're looking for?

edit: Hm, guess not if it's a SF2 colours pic you're looking for

Unfortunately no. :( The one I'm looking for showed what Ryu's color was when you hit LP on the character select screen. SF2 had the classic red bandanna and white gi, Turbo had the white/light blue bandanna and gi(?) etc.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yes, it was just like that, but I think it had each color labeled to the game. Now that I think about it, I wonder if I'm making it up in my head. :ohdear:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ugh, I half jokingly said last night I was afraid the ST donations were going to end up being some kind of scummy plot. I hope I'm wrong and it's just a precaution.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Zaa Boogie posted:

Well, it looks like they might have an out to continue their work. If they wanted to work with Lauren Faust.

https://twitter.com/Fyre_flye/status/300098640150687744

From what I've heard Faust is very cool when it comes to fan stuff, so it's awesome she reached out to the devs.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

I tried playing CvS2 on a dancepad. It was an interesting experience everyone should try at least once.

Same, but with Soul Calibur 2.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Just saw on Twitter that apparently Harada has been missing for the past week. :confused: Not sure if it's just him trolling fans, or if it's a serious situation. I really hope it's the former.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

If it were real I doubt they would announce it on his twitter. It's probably leading up to an announcement at E3 (txsf?)

Yeah, that's probably it. Guess I'm still a bit paranoid after Ono's collapse.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 5, 2013

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Speaking of Namco people not around, I wonder where Daishi has been. Did he leave the company after SC V died down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Well it looks like Harada was just taking a vacation!

quote:

Oh man, this has turned into news?
I'm not missing!
I just finished up the master version, and I had a cold and a fever so I was home drinking tequila and getting some work done. Ono got a new car late last month so I took it for a test drive, and cleared some games I had piled up (Crysis 3, Bioshock, Metro) so I ignored calls from the office. I was busy. Then Grid 2 came out while work was piling up, people were treating me like I was missing or something. I'm fine, and back to work and I'll be at E3, so don't worry. I'm alive (proof) 生きてます写真 ---> http://bit.ly/19LWiPn

• Locked thread