Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

redmercer posted:

Why not? They've been doing it as long as the genre has existed.

:10bux: Skullgirls devs don't have the cash to throw into artists like Capcom or SNK can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Soulcleaver posted:

Soul Blade was the only good game in the Soul series and I won't hear otherwise.

The first Soul Calibur was awesome too.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Brosnan posted:

Ultimate did reasonably well, actually.

Facts have never got in the way of Broken Loose before, let's not start now.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Why you should hate Battle Fantasia - Keits likes it.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Countblanc posted:

It's a drat shame that people can get away with running three capcom titles at tournaments now, and still not have melty or arcana or blaz or whatever.

Oh man, let's get hype for those 8 man Blazblue tournaments.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Mega Comrade posted:

Thinking about buying a new stick. Torn between quanba q4raf

http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/qanba-q4raf-arcade-fighting-stick.htm

And the new SFxT pro stick.

Any advice would be amazing.

Qanba's are multi-console by default since China doesn't give a gently caress about patents, if you have both a PS3 and a 360 or plan to own both at some point, pick up the Qanba.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

The character art is nice and it looks fun but I just can't get over DIVIDE! kill each other, but it's good "INVERSES" :eng99:

You forgot that rounds are called Clauses.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

iastudent posted:

Got a monitor question for y'all since I'm looking for something to spend my tax refund on. I know the ASUS VH236H has been the fighting game monitor of choice for awhile, but I saw a couple others as well that appear to be newer models, like the VS238H-P. Is the second one as reliable for reducing lag like the VH, or should I stick with the EVO standby?

You could get a VH238H, same screen and response time as the venerable VH236H but LED backlight, so it'll be a little better overall monitor than the VH236H. I bought one recently and am quite happy with it.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Chipp Zanuff posted:

Why couldn't it have been another fighting game...?

Considering that all anyone wants in a fighting game from SNK right now is KoF 13 + Good Netcode and the Steam version of the game currently in beta has actually managed at least in one point in time to make the netcode worse than the console version, my answer would have to be "Because SNK is run by incompetent mooks."

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Trying to tech throws in online Marvel is the worst thing in the world

Trying to do anything in online Marvel is the worst thing in the world. I actively despise playing that game online.

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Yukari continuing to show the gaming world who the best archer is. Get hosed Hawkeye, Green Arrow and Taskmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

quakster posted:

What is it about this thread that draws in all the incomprehensible morons.

In fighting game news, 19 years after first trying Street Fighter 2, I finally landed a purposefully executed Shoryuken today. :feelsgood: That basically makes me a pro, right?

Right?

Time to go online and "punish" random pokes from midscreen with random Ken DP's, it's what the pros do. Just call it Yomi.

• Locked thread