Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Vaah posted:

That was just suggested 2 posts up.

I'm really feelin this right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Chris Hu is p4p #1 commentator

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I agree with this man's proposal to ban characters which are not-Makoto.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Question Mark Mound posted:

Tekken is a game I've always wanted to get into, but it's not a game you can get anywhere in without being able to recognise other characters' moves and knowing a lot of detail about if and how punishable things are. Like with Marvel, it just seems far too daunting right now.

You might want to try Injustice. Everyone is new and terrible and the knowledge barrier-to-entry is nothing compared to Tekken. It's an ugly game but it's fun.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
MOBA is a super gross word and the only time it's ever really used is in reference to LoL, blatant ripoffs of LoL (Infinite Crisis/Dawngate/GoME/Prime World), or by dev teams of extremely dubious reputation (S2/HiRez) doing whatever possible to try and associate themselves with LoL's success.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Gross how. How is it any worse than a Game where you Play a Role, or one where Action occurs on screen.

Also it sounds cooler comin out of my mouth. moh-bahhhh.

It's not gross because it's dumb and nondescript, it's gross because it's the invention of Hunter_, and because it perfectly encapsulates Riots' self-serving revisionist history approach to the genre.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I keep wanting to hate on KI but Filthierich is a cool dude so I wish them whatever success they can find in the land of Xbone exclusivity.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Tekken Revolution's brand new narcoleptic vampire character:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_Gu4iokJE

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Is she licking his nipples or something.

What's up with her tits.

Why did she fall sleep.

Tekken.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Ok that trailer has problems but "this stupid duel between fire ninja and ice ninja isn't believable enough" isn't one of them

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Maybe not.

Also, cross posting from the USFIV thread:

wait, what?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

A Yolo Wizard posted:

Don't be tricked into buying an SE for a hunny

Er, doesn't it come with Sanwa buttons? It's just an SE case. Where else are you going to get a K-stick anyways?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
I have a soft spot for all the stupid MK characters they put out post UMK3 so I like seeing silly new stuff like Slender Bee Lady. I'm sure people will hate them.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Not sure how final that HUD is but it's nice to see something simple and linear, the HUD in Injustice was kind of stupid and made it needlessly difficult to tell whether someone actually had 1 or 2 bars of meter.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Mr. Neutron posted:

Could anyone recommend me a good controller for MK9 (yes I know...but I love it) for Xbox/PC?

I am currently using the standard X360 controller which, as most people know, is severely lacking in the DPAD department (and that's an understatement).

I need it pretty much only for MK and Injustice so nothing too fancy/expensive.

Just get a DS3 or DS4 and use Xinput Wrapper for PC drivers.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
oh, I only read the PC part for some reason. woops.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Prowler posted:

I thought this also referred to the weird "P1 always wins" the advantage thing.

FWIW this isn't in Injustice and almost certainly isn't going to be in MKX.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Please don't stick shame

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Thank the lord fighting games aren't bigger. Can you imagine more juiceboxes? A tom brady on every street corner?

How can you not want this

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Starcraft is a 1v1 game where you have no one else to blame with extremely limited social features (lol bnet 2.0) and that did okay for itself. It's kind of dying at this point and might get even less viewers than CS:GO but a lot of that falls on Blizzard fumbling a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Shoutouts to 2015 PS3 releases. I hate you so much Japan.

• Locked thread