Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is there any likelihood of HDR coming to the PC, or am I stuck with GGPO Super Turbo until the end of time? I'm a little surprised Capcom isn't doing much to keep their most beloved game alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

dat fukkin dog!! posted:

It really goes without saying but the animation in darkstalkers really is fantastic. I was watching some match with Jedah in it and was really bummed that we might never have something so fluid from current major game companies. Really looking forward to see what Skullgirls does.

http://art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/ I got this from a SA thread, not sure if it was from this one or one of the art threads that I follow.

Darkstalkers was so well animated :allears:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I thought Elena was the same way as seeming "out of place" in 3S like how you say Chun is. She moves and animates differently than the rest of the cast.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Broken Loose posted:

The old design was too generic and "catgirl" and didn't really get the point across that Ms. Fortune functions like a crazy version of Ghost Rider/Dhalsim and her body parts pop off during her moves.

I hope she has an attack like Jedah's where she cuts off her head :allears:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
H-how dare someone be new to a game... Th-this will not stand...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Sex Vicar posted:

Hands up. Who wanted a new Dead Or Alive?

Well, they can't ruin it as much as they completely loving massacred DoA4. That game should have been smothered during conception.

Fighting Entetainment

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Not being more than passingly familiar with MK9, I looked up the female characters from that game. They're barely clothed and every single one has exposed cleavage except Sonya Blade who is wearing a half shirt.

I think some of you guys are letting the ~*Anime Horror*~ color your perceptions.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fayk posted:

Vampire Savior/Darkstalkers fans -- DCC 6 is this weekend folks. I have no idea what the schedule is, but I think it might be streamed here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sakamotosan based on the SRK thread.

http://www.vampire-dcc.com/

Oh man, excited for this. I've been having a hard time getting into VSav because none of my friends who I play with really like the game too much and I'm hoping that a tournament stream will help them see what the game is like at higher levels.

Post in the thread when it goes live!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I have a question about ST: whenever I get fireball spam going with Ryu, after like the 4th or 5th fireball the game starts slowing down big time and it really fucks with my timing. I can otherwise frame-perfect fireball spam. Is this GGPO choking on me or is it a ST engine thing?

It happens sometimes when I knock people down out of the air too.

I'm relatively new to the game so I'm not really sure what's going on there.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Gamest Mook posted:

The game slows to 50% speed during fireball hitstun.

Is there a gameplay reason for this?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
And people wonder why I take people who hate HDR with a grain of salt.

Kongai is pretty fun btw and a neat diversion for a while, though it's run into some serious balance issues lately that don't look like they'll be resolved.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Ybrik posted:

Pfft it was fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO9Abphtro4

I can't find the video that's of a Japanese tournament for SF4 3DS where it was just two Guiles spamming Sonic Boom at each other.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

S-Alpha posted:

One was a group of elitist cockbags who, at one point, actually screamed and cursed at a person who had just joined because he wasn't very good, and such. Despite his obvious willingness to learn, they just kept telling him to get out. He never came back, and I too left shortly after that.

:stare: How does this even happen?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

SpaceBees posted:

I'm really surprised that My Little Pony game hasn't gotten cease and desisted yet, honestly. Fan projects like that usually never go anywhere.

I've seen it posted before that the creators of MLP don't have a problem with the game.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What's the difference between vortex and rushdown characters? I know how they play differently but I'm having trouble explaining the distinction to a friend.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Man.. I did a lot better than I was expecting to do, but I just couldn't handle RickoniX's headbutts with Boxer. :(

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
All the Sirlin talk reminded me of how some people were talking about how Old Hawk is new top tier now. I haven't been able to search up anything related to this through Google, and I'm pretty much completely out of the loop on the ST meta. Apparently Old Hawk now has a touch of death combo that's really easy to start up?

Can someone fill me in?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Congrats abobobama on being the Major Victor of tonight!

Sorry I couldn't play out fully!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

interrodactyl posted:

Samurai Showdown 5 Special: 2 comeback mechanics, hits do like 40% damage, and combos aren't really necessary. It's like goongame.txt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmFDtMw2Ee0

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Krakhan posted:

Breakers Revenge should also make a return for season 2, it's such a rad game.

Breakers and SS5SP but I'm apparently like the only one left who likes that game. Looking forward to Season 2 and hopefully will be a better opponent for it!

Gonna ask this in here: How am I supposed to get in on Saizo as Sho? Saizo has way too many defensive options for me to deal with. His sword slashes generally beat my dive kicks, and his sweep too (as Krakhan can attest to) and I obviously can't win a fireball war against Saizo. The sword slashes also have enough range and his fireballs come out quickly enough that I can't just walk/dash up to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
What specifically does "more ST" mean? More events? Casual FT10s? Weekly goonbat? Nightly play?

I'd like to play more as well and get better at Ryu.

• Locked thread