Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I didn't care about the Bruins at all until they gooned their way to a cup against my precious nuckies last year

...and then Thomas outing himself as a tea partier only added to it.

My city only has NHL/MLS/CFL and I'm sure Bostonians are better drivers than Vancouverites so all that stuff has nothing to do with it.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Picking a team that you can talk about with friends/others is always ideal. Following the Canucks with 10pm game start times could be tough.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Bertuzzi was amazing as a Canuck in his heyday, one of the most dominant players I've ever seen. I considered him my favourite player at the time, as did many others. Don't really care if he is an rear end in a top hat - very few pro athletes seem like guys I'd want to hang out with.

Like many power forwards he just burned out really fast. So now he's just an rear end in a top hat who's ok at hockey.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I was at that game when Levesque almost played. Gotta admit I wanted Hedberg to stay down just for the pure craziness of it all.

The restaurant he works at is my wife's favourite. Heh

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Duke Chin posted:

So after the last page or two of Neilson-chat I decided to read up on him more and, huh, I had no idea he was the "white-flag" waver, too. That guy was a character and a half!

There's a statue of that moment outside Vancouver's arena.

Even video analysis was his thing before everyone started doing it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That was supposed to be one of the "make hockey faster" rules post-2005 lock out that has faded away again with time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I remember being made fun of for being a right-handed shot as a kid. I write right, I kick right, I swing right, I throw right, but shooting right makes me the freak.

• Locked thread