Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

VoodooDoll posted:

Is it a good thing or a bad thing when someone says a goalie was standing on their head in a game? I've heard commentators say it a couple times and I haven't been able to tell if it means the goalie is kind of loving around or that the goalie is being really acrobatic.

I've never heard that term ("standing on their head") used in any way but positive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

guppy posted:

I have GCL and can choose home or away feeds. What teams have great commentators I should look for? What teams have terrible commentators I should avoid like the plague?

As a Penguins fan:

Paul Steigerwald
Bob Errey

Both get filed under terrible.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Daedra posted:

I hope this is the right thread for this. I watched hockey for the first time in forever during these playoffs. I'm from the south so hockey isn't really a thing down here and the only reason I got into to it was because of NHL '94 for Sega. I even started playing hockey in a league here, but it just kind of faded out because how I loved football and the lack of TV exposure since the lockouts. I forgot how much I really enjoyed the drat game so I'd really like to get back into it, but I'm just loving lost at this point and I don't have a team. I always rooted for the Penguins as kid, but I have no ties to them other than video games. So I'm pretty much looking for help on getting a team to follow. I live in Tennessee and know of the Predators, but I know nothing of them (or anyone really). I'd like to just get back into the game. Do you all order sports packages from your providers to follow games?

Honestly, repost in the offseason thread where everyone will convince you of some combination of Panthers/Preds/Blue Jackets.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I always figured it had to do with breeding stock, growing, etc etc.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Really when you think about it, goalies are the worst.

• Locked thread