Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

DOOMocrat posted:

Yep it was Stefan, they played together in Atlanta I think. I am indeed thinking of two separate fuckups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc7HztZS9R4

:lol: Turco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

xzzy posted:

Why couldn't Turco be just a little bit better. :smith:

I want to like him, he seems like a swell guy.

He was (is) one of the best puckhandling goalies in the league. I think those 2 years of horrible, lovely defenses in Dallas broke him.

More :lol: Turco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDjHPmbdy-0&feature=related

trilljester fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Aug 31, 2011

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

DOOMocrat posted:

Things haven't been the same since Zubov left and Lehtinen got hurt, they've been such an engine for the team they didn't know how to go without it, Marty broke for sure, he can apply pressure better than almost everyone else if he has the room to do it, and over the past few years his judgement calls about having time & space have been iffy at best.

He got to be on the cover of NHL 2K6, though!

Coming from an old man, I can tell you that judgement about time and space is the first thing to go. :D

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
As far as too much man penalties:

The refs typically seem to vary on how much leeway they give teams in terms of line changes. I know playing beer league, I've been called for too much man because I came out on the ice "too early", basically the guy I was changing with was about 20-25 feet from our bench and I hopped out there. The puck came nowhere near me, but the ref said I came out too early.

So, the last Sharks game I went to, I watched when guys come out onto the ice and it seems like they're out there way before the guy coming off is near the bench. This is especially true with defensemen, since they're mostly behind the play. So is there an official ruling on this or is it like travelling in basketball?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Day Man posted:

Thanks again! I'm going to get to reading the OP in detail now.

Good choice in team too. There are a few of us Sharks fans on here. If you have any questions about the history of the team and what not, feel free to ask.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Sexy Randal posted:

Holy poo poo, in I don't know how many years of watching hockey I've never noticed the referee force-field lines where they talk to the off-ice dudes. My mind is blown.

I don't have the gif but the one with Joe Thornton giving Henrik Sedin the stink finger outside of the ref crease is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Idiot Kicker posted:

I have a question about the Edmonton/Columbus game from today. There was a goal waved off during the game, and I don't know why. I was in a loud area and couldn't hear the announcers. Was it called off because his stick was so high off the ice, or what was the deal there?

It's a reviewable play, and they usually get it right 99% of the time. I recall some team (maybe it was Columbus) who got jobbed by it a while back.

• Locked thread