Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
Let's play 6 degrees!

The Graduate - Bruce Leroy

Hook - Happy Noodle Boy

Ladies in Lavender -Robert Deadford

Inglorious Basterds - 2nd Class Citizen

X-men: First Class - Robert Deadford

Bonus points if you can solve the 6 degrees.

It's

1. BLANK has BLANK in it
2. Who was in The Graduate with Dustin Hoffman
3. Who was in Hook with Maggie Smith
4. Who was in Ladies in Lavender with Daniel Bruhl
5. Who was in Inglorious Basterds with Michael Fassbender
6. Who was in X-men: First Class with Kevin Bacon

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.
^yep.

And this one is Accepted, I'm pretty sure.

quote:

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Inglorious Basterds?

Yep!

And Bruce Leroy - Right actress, wrong movie, but you got #2!

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Robert_Deadford posted:

4. Ladies in Lavender, links via Maggie Smith through Daniel Bruhl to
5. Inglorious Basterds, links through Michael Fassbender to
6. X-Men First Class with Kevin Bacon

Very good!

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Kyle Hyde posted:

Comedies!

is this Mousehunt?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

cloudchamber posted:

Greatest Story Ever Told?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Since no one guessed this one, here's another cap from the same movie.

And the guy featured in the first cap from this movie should be recognizable to anyone who grew up in the 90's. Y'all just probably don't recognize him without the gray hair and sweater vests.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Kyle Hyde posted:

I feel like I should know this. Everything about both pictures is super familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

It's the least famous part of a "trilogy" the directory did exploring a theme. Have one more screencap that might jog your memory.

Dr Jankenstein fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 28, 2011

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

9 is thank you for smoking.

And is 5 Spaceballs?

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Is Die Hard

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Some more!

and the one that no one's gotten yet.

With hints! (cause it's apparently a lot more obscure than anything else by the director): Guy in pic 1 may be a lot more familiar to y'all wearing sweater vests and with a whole lot more gray hair, comes from a "trilogy" of films by the same director exploring a theme, and features someone that was also in The Graduate.

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

It's The Parallax View and that's William Daniels and everyone should know who William Daniels is dammit.

Agreed. Motherfucker is a badass. Although that might win most obscure Paluka film. Wouldn't have found it had I not been on a Paluka kick after seeing Rosemary's Baby, Pelican Brief and Klute all in the same week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Still unguessed:

This is probably terribly wrong, but it feels like I saw a scene similar to this in The Sting

• Locked thread