Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

New Deicide is pretty excellent. The bass sounds especially awesome. Their entire discography in general has been pretty relatable. Shame about the artwork on the new record though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Henchman of Santa posted:

I only saw them touring Watershed with Enslaved as the opener.

I saw them on this same tour. It was 2008 or 2009 right? I remember somebody crowdsurfed and got thrown against the stage comically. Mikael corpsed and they had to keep playing mellotron until he regained composure. This was like immediately after he told a story about the dangers of crowdsurfing.

Edit: also lol

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 26, 2024

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ultraviolence123 posted:

New Deicide is pretty excellent. The bass sounds especially awesome. Their entire discography in general has been pretty relatable. Shame about the artwork on the new record though.

You weren't kidding, I'm digging the faster riffing on this.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vargatron posted:

I saw them on this same tour. It was 2008 or 2009 right? I remember somebody crowdsurfed and got thrown against the stage comically. Mikael corpsed and they had to keep playing mellotron until he regained composure. This was like immediately after he told a story about the dangers of crowdsurfing.

Edit: also lol

It was '09 and I mostly remember him making fun of Enslaved for being Norwegian.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

ultraviolence123 posted:

Just looked it up. Seems pretty much in character to me. What's wrong about it?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Volguus posted:

Just looked it up. Seems pretty much in character to me. What's wrong about it?

It's AI-generated

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

It's AI-generated

Oof. Ok. Looks fine, but yeah...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

It's AI-generated

thank you Glen Benton

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

It's AI-generated

I read the controversies section of the bands wiki and didn't guess this one as the reason.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Tomb Mold and Horrendous are hitting the road together.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

symbolic posted:

thank you Glen Benton

Glen Benton posted:

Well, people don't understand that the album cover that we did, it was done with Photoshop and with some A.I., but it's a more modern version. It's like 'Legion' [DEICIDE's second album, released in 1992] — when I did the 'Legion' album cover, computers were still loving new. Nobody knew anything about three-dimensional artwork or any poo poo like that. And I was the first person to even loving gently caress with that when I designed the 'Legion' album cover. Now I've been in the computers and all that poo poo since they all came about. So I may be ahead of a lot of people when it comes to computers. I have two iMacs and MacBook Pro and iPad Pro. So I'm a little versed with the whole computer age and in Photoshop and all that stuff and that.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I’ve got a MacBook. Don’t gently caress with me, bro.

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
Glen Benton, edgelording? What a surprise.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is the funniest loving quote. Holy poo poo.

I have computers bro

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
"I've been in the computers"

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hey kid, i'm a computer