Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

I can't even afford an avatar

Zodijackylite posted:

If they wore a fedora before Kennedy killed the American hat, it is acceptable. Otherwise, no.

Yes, but the question really is: what is the best band shirt to go with a fedora?

Personally, I prefer the ones by Rhapsody (of Fire). Maybe Hammerfall, if I'm feeling Scandinavian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

Saw Cannibal Corpse yesterday. Small venue, great moshing, long set with classics like "I cum blood", "Hammer-smashed face", "hosed with a knife", etc, everything went pretty awesome, even though I'm not the biggest CC fan. We even got to take a picture with Corpsegrinder and get our tickets signed.

The only downside was that they had Black Dahlia Murder and loving Suicide Silence open for them. Wtf is that emo kid they have for a vocalist? His voice is annoying, he looks annoying, his whole stage antics is annoying (he likes to do a retarded little jump while opening his arms during breakdowns)... it fires something irrational in me that makes me want to hurt him. And I consider myself a peaceful person. I dunno, I guess it's the whole tough guy thing being done by a scrawny kid with a girlish scream.

The good part is that when their gig was over, all the emo kids got out, so we got to come closer to the stage despite arriving late.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

QPZIL posted:

Cannibal Corpse has been playing almost the exact same set for like 10 years, and I am 100% okay with that. They're always a blast live.

Also, last time I saw them I talked football** with Corpsegrinder and he signed the inside of my vest.

** "So, playoffs eh?"
"Yep."
"Hey, you mind signing this?"
:shobon:

Yeah, I was pretty glad too, since it was my first CC gig. I guess it might get a little boring if you see them all the time, but I live in Brazil, so even if I see them every time they come, it still won't be too tiresome.

I didn't get to talk much with Corpsegrinder, there was a lot of people around waiting to get their pics taken/stuff signed, but I did get to talk with Trevor from The Black Dahlia Murder about barbecue. :lol: Cool dude too, shame I don't really like the band.

Crimsonjewfro
Jul 12, 2008

Nuclear Fetus posted:

Just got back from Katatonias 20-year anniversary show here in Finland and oh god oh man was that poo poo awesome in every way. Setlist was goddamn amazing, including the encore of some older songs from Dance of December Souls, and Nyström turning out to be quite a showman.

There were some technical problems but they didn't really affect the mood at all. Awesome.

Awesome, dude. :respek:

I saw them when they came earlier (in February) to Brazil and it was great. It was sweet how everybody knew every lyric and wouldn't let Jonas sing it all by himself. They said we even drowned out their monitors with our noise. Check it out.

And they played Without God as well. :black101:

Such a shame it wasn't one of their 20-year anniversary gigs, though. Those must have been even cooler.