Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

less than three posted:

[*] Cargo distribution

This is important for me, because even thought I LOVED the original game back when I was a little kid, when I learned how the economic model works (in vanilla), it made it impossible to return to the game.

How does cargo distribution work in the version you are running? I tried a sort of patch that added cargo distribution a couple years ago, but I was disappointed when I found out that I could still dictate where everything goes, and charge huge premiums for transporting across huge distances, even though industries could still be located next to each other, by simply not including their stations in the same schedule.

Also, passengers would still behave like cattle and pack themselves on my stations, randomly choosing between stations that I had predetermined for them.

I hope I am not being a dick by mentioning another game in a dedicated thread, but Simutrans has a near perfect cargo/passenger distribution system (according to my standards, at least), but it lacks in the graphics department (totally subjective opinion; I have just grown used to the original TTD graphics) and maybe the details in modeling vehicles.

I would love to try OpenTTD again, but I really need a better distribution model :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Thompsons posted:

Also the passenger service becomes human trafficking.

Well, it always felt like human trafficking to me.

-"What, you wanted to visit your grandmother next town? Too bad, this train is express to the other side of the world. That will be $1000"

Also, for the evil genius grf:

Sand Mine -> Glass Furnace -> Monocle Workshop -> Volcano Fortress

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Also, rename soldiers to henchmen maybe?

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

You can build underground stations in Simutrans. They are crazy expensive though, and that game is way too stingy with profit margins on the default settings.

• Locked thread