Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zeether posted:

How do you guys get started building giant rail networks so fast? My little gold/valuables train can barely earn me money, and it takes forever to fully load up at stations which wastes time and operating costs.

Gold and valuables don't make much money. I usually setup a two plane route between the two largest cities and that tends to get me plenty of money for train shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Node posted:

In my current game, its around year 2000 and I'm using Asia Stars.

For example, I have a farm a few screens away from a factory, connected by one of these trains. It produces a really lovely amount of stock, like 8 items/12 tonnes. I've tried having a train simply run there and pick up whatever is available and take it to the factory, and I've tried having trains wait for a full load before delivering. Either way, there are cases where the trains still do not make a profit. Its confusing me, because I've never run into this problem before in over a decade of playing this game.

None of my farms I've had connected the entire game have anything about 30 items/30 tonnes. Theres ones that really, really far away that produces 200 items of Livestock that no transport company has ever serviced. Its frustrating, because I just can't find a pattern.

Look at the satisfaction rating. If it's above like 80, it will increase production. To raise it, you need to have a train sitting in the station waiting. Goods sitting in the station will lower it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Or setup a couple airplane routes across the map and watch the cash roll in.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

YF19pilot posted:

I finally tried the passenger airline money-maker, and wow. I don't think I could build enough airplanes. Is one or two appropriate or should I build more to try to keep up with the demand of 1500 passengers and 700 bags of mail?

Naw, just have enough planes to pay for your trains.

• Locked thread