Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Any suggestions for getting really lovely FPS and performance from this game? It is like 20 years old and somehow still brings my computer to a crawl. I see it is using 50% CPU constantly, I tried setting affinity to just Core 0 or Core 1 (single core game) but no help. Disabled detail and advanced textures. Seems to run perfectly in single player, but on the goon server in the later years it just crawls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006

Thompsons posted:

VVV Lumber is sent to printing presses, which produce counterfeit cash which is sent to banks.

Lumber -> Paper -> Propaganda Ministry

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Current map wasn't too popular and is up to 2104. Requesting Arctic map next.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

What is the deal with airports and airplanes?

Just played a game with a couple of pals and we all tried setting up airplane routes, using City airports. And ended up with something like a 95% crash rate on the suckers.

This was mentioned a few posts up about the custom version we are using. Were you using the same?

quote:

2. Airplanes aren't normally really crashy, but the version we use (and posted in the OP) has a bug where planes crash like 75% of the time unless crashes are disabled.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Hey, Less than three. Any chance on getting another game going using the ECS Vectors mod? I liked having refineries having capacities and being able to boost production from a resource more quickly than is now possible.

I also remember it cost something like 20,000,000 to fund a new industry which would be cool, because now once maglevs come around, anyone on the server can just fund as many industries as they want for an ideal route.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Server died. My trains!!!!! :negative:

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Ah gently caress, It wasn't ECS that we used so much during the summer, it was FIRS. I support getting a game going using it in the future.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
I am glad signals on bridges/tunnels are back. I also liked watching companies.

Edit: Automated timetables :woop:

Aero737 fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 6, 2012

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006

deptstoremook posted:

Thanks! I'll have to log on and play with you all once I learn how to play more.

The best way to learn is to get on the server and play.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
But if I remember, the only towns that need special cargo to grow are the ones that physically are on the desert tiles. Towns in the lush forest areas around water will grow without any special cargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
I know we have aircraft slowed down to make it harder, but at 1/4the speed it makes them useless except the 600 seat aircraft. Can we up the speed so making an airline is possible? It seems like it would be fun with cargo dist to make a hub and spoke airline.

• Locked thread