Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
y'all should add me

@broelector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

ChampRamp posted:

Watching him talk about rap is just cringeworthy

Well who does he like?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

smashpro1 posted:

JR was like "Can I come, too? :kiddo:", and Punk said yes.

Mannn I would let JR go everywhere with me just so he could commentate my life.

BAH GAWD BAH GAWD HE JUST BOUGHT HIMSELF A WHOPPER!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Frot Lesnar posted:

Jane Fonda, Daniel Shore, Jack Anderson... hey! This is Richard Nixon's enemies list. You just crossed out his name and put yours.
Alright let me see that.

Frot... Lesnar.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

:neckbeard:

This sounds goddamn amazing, and I can't wait.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bobkatt013 posted:

His dog will always be his rival.

He didn't even record Game of Thrones for him man.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I will never understand how so many people in this forum are so quick to say that a wrestler hating their position should shut up, and just let WWE do whatever they want.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Speaking up the way he is never ends well so really there is no point. He should just ask for his release and go elsewhere because as long as a McMahon is in charge talent relations probably won't change. They don't give a gently caress what the midcard thinks.

I would also normally say that speaking up on twitter like an idiot will make future employers see you as less desirable as well but it's the wrestling business and the only other game in town is TNA - the company that employs Jeff Hardy among others so it doesn't really apply.

So the options are literally just shut up, or leave your main source of income? Better not upset the fine upstanding company that WWE is.

Jtg is out there hurting himself on a nightly basis, and is getting nothing to show for it. He should just be happy with that because WWE is a popular company?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Natalya Fartz posted:

Well, looks like I'm not watching a ROH show.

Ummmm didn't ROH fans chant don't come back to matt hardy? Or was that Jeff? I know one of the hardyz got told to not come back by the fans.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't see the problem of Colt not being heel, how well can he do a semi-serious face?

Colt can play serious face just fine. His feud with Homicide was totally serious, and a pretty drat good feud as well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

CombineThresher posted:

Really? Punk was being a 'sperg over something that doesn't really matter, in my opinion. Maybe all that admonishment from Raven about ring jackets rubbed off on him. The whole thing sounds more like Punk trying to big-dog a new guy than a legitimate grievance.

Wrestlers wearing shirts bothers a lot of people in the wrestling business. It comes off as a person maybe not being confident with themselves.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Matlock posted:

via Twitter

I believe this is at the Gracie Gym in Torrance. I live like 10 minutes from there.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Every promo The Rock did during his last return was bad and embarrassing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

triplexpac posted:

I wish I could remember some specific examples, but he definitely had some good promos too. More when he and Cena got "serious", and less with the fruity pebbles crap.

I dunno, I'd rather have Rock and his promos than Batista and his :effort:

I would rather have anyone other than Batsita, but The Rocks last return was really not very good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have said this before, but do you guys really expect vince loving Mc Mahon to be rational and go on yeah ill push you or something. There is obviously something wrong internally with the company that they feel more comfortable going to Twitter than going to management.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Batista posted:

From biographies and interviews I've read over the years, often the best way to get something to change with Vince is go to him, pitch your idea, and hope it works. You do have to be the right guy at the right time, but it has worked for many in the past.

Still, bitching about it on Twitter does not help you one bit, and as we've seen just makes them want to bury you that much harder. Pro wrestlers are really dumb sometimes.

Except fans literally wanted to see him and wwe said Nah. Why would he think he could go to anybody when they are editing the fans cheering for him out of the loving broadcast.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bigass Moth posted:

I was always told to just get any degree and then you can get hired and work for the same place for 30 years like every adult I knew. Of course that's not how anything works and the people who gave that advice had no idea how things had changed. Bryan went to college while wrestling so I'm not sure what his point is unless he's trying to inspire the next generation of machine press operators.

Not to mention that if you don't want to be in college, and you have no interest in really furthering your formal education all you are really doing is wasting time and money for somewhere you really don't want to be at, and if you can be attempting to do something else be it finding a career that doesn't need college or expanding your mind and experiences elsewhere why not try that out. It's not like you can't go back to college if things don't work out. If you get mad at D Bry for what he said you are just looking for things to be mad about.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yuriy posted:

I wish Jimmy Jacobs could be in the WWE because he's real good

I would honestly lose my poo poo if Jimmy came into the wwe. I miss that dude.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

You should watch ROH TV then he's on most weeks!

What channel is ROH tv on? I haven't watched ROH in a long time honestly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bobkatt013 posted:

It might not be in your area but they put up every episode on their website.

Yeah I live in California so it looks like its not there. Nice to know they put it on their website though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just want to say, that I like Silas Young a lot. He has a really funny angry face, and he is good in the ring.

and really if a character can't say bad things then whats even the point of wrestling?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Roman Reigns is not a good wrestler. Dean Ambrose does seem to be a pretty big carny in real life though.

How is he a big carny in real life? He seems like a pretty normal dude.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He was just making a stupid irreverent joke. You know exactly like chuck Taylors character on every wrestling show he is a part of, and his online YouTube show. Are you guys actually offended?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

epitasis posted:

what's the joke?

That people want to walk around and grab Reigns and Ambrose's dicks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DrVenkman posted:

It's probably just run by the same people. Most places hire social media managers to do all this stuff. It wouldn't surprise me if it's the same guy on Tweetdeck with a lot of accounts open watching the Network all day.

How can I get this scam of a job?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

Be willing to work long hours at incredibly lovely pay with absolutely zero benefits.

Jokes on you. I already do that!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Shima Honnou posted:

Which WWE Superstar are you??

Jonh Cean

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

89 posted:

Apparently there's many stories that Tajiri speaks perfectly fine English, but anytime he gets in trouble he just acts like he can't speak English.

Taijiri is the best.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Hahaha. That's actually hilarious.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

dsriggs posted:

Sure it was...

I love telling people to mind your own loving business at a public tweet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
And honestly the joke seemed like it was more Flair is kind of a bad person who is awful with money more so than his son died. I'm not saying it was the right joke to make, but he deleted it and it's kind of done and over with. Live to forgive or stop paying attention to him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

flatluigi posted:

Say it ain't so.

I would mark so hard for a flat Bush zombies theme in wwe.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

omgomgomg posted:

I guess theres still hope?

Is been a long time since something huge has happened at a ppv they should have new nation come out and make some grand statement.

We all know it won't happen, but it would be nice.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
You know I don't think it's that hard to sell Wendy's and frozen pizza to wrestling fans.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why do people here hate when wrestlers speak about legit grievances about a company who is known to treat their employees like poo poo?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because it deep sixes their career and they should loving know better.

Well what does it matter if they aren't getting used and probably won't get used?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Because then it just comes off as petty. They're being paid to do nothing. In Dolph a Big E's cases, they get used, just not the way they'd like.

If you decide to dedicate your entire life to pro wrestling why would you want to sit around and do nothing, or be made to look like a nothing? Why should they be grateful to a company who probably told them they were going to do a lot with them, and then said oh we got nothing for you.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Aubergine Mage posted:

Because this is a dumb industry where other promoters will steer clear of people airing out dirty laundry.

What other promoters? You're telling me a promoter won't put former wwe superstar Big E on a flyer to sell a few extra tickets? Dixie will hire literally any one, and most promoters will hire any bitter dickhead if it means it will make them a few bucks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

If you went on Twitter and bitched that Tracy from Accounting got the promotion even though you're way smarter and better than her and she probably only got it because she's hot, would you expect that to help your career prospects? Because that's what Ziggler, Ryder and Big E are doing.

Wrestling is not accounting. Vince is not a sane rational boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spongeh posted:

the worst possible crime one can commit is bad tweeting, this is a very realistic and reasonable reason to hate someone.

That's not a reasonable reason to hate someone at all.