Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Wait, Undertaker's son is Gunner? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dammit, TNA.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Man that brings me back to the Orton match which I thought Orton was going to go over because Randy Orton and Mark just demolished him. :allears:

Which one? There were two of these!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What I learned from that is that there are people who watch WWE regularly that don't know what The Pope is.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Perigryn posted:

Powerwalking is also an Olympic sport, now that I think about it

A powerwalker was in position to medal at the last Olympics before collapsing from exhaustion.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Well, Tea Partiers live in the past, so it's a perfectly fair use of an 'old' movie.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Why wouldn't two ex-ECW stars hang out? :confused:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

A pro wrestler being a horrible person shouldn't surprise anyone. DDP has made you guys soft.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Aries account spotted. Quit blocking goons you coward!

Hey now, Aries wouldn't realize we're talking about him because he'd have put us all on his ignore list after blocking.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I still want a reason for Joe Park being even dumber than Eugene.

He's Abyss.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

It's like he's Rybacks bully underling who just can't cut it as top bully.

Ryback is the big dog, and Axel is the tiny annoying dog that hangs out with him.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

dolph ziggler is a moron and i hope he gets released so i can watch him indie wrestle

"By god, Tenay, could it be...it is! That's Rolf Wiggler!"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Given all the poo poo Hogan's lied about, I'm totally fine with him going "Yeah the guy who was part of the biggest moment of my career is the best ever", even if he were to do it purely for selfish reasons.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sigma posted:

The second biggest heel in the WWE is mad because he is getting heat from fans in public? Isn't that a sign of a wrestler doing a good job?

What a baby.

Most people who give him crap are probably ones who don't care about face/heel stuff.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If I had all the dollars I'd also have a giant collection of things that only I care about too.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I assumed it was a goon until I went to the website expecting to see maybe one or two Russo-esque rant articles, and it had far too much effort put in for a joke.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Isis getting fired before NXT meant we were robbed of months of Mob making jokes.

She couldn't possibly be so bad as to be worth losing that.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

theacox posted:

Round here, a high school diploma tops out at Wendy's, while any degree from even the most suspect secondary school at least doubles your income, sooooooooo.

High school? Stop participating in the script written by others. :rolleyes:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

Get over it instead of deal with it? Davey B, I'm disappointed.

Deal with it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

I can't find it at the moment, but yes someone did tweet about the Hulk Hogan raft and they are looking for it. Thank god we have a mom on the inside now.

Thank god for Judy Bagwell.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

There's definitely a difference but I'm not sure it's a better one in the end. Jay is saying homophobic poo poo on his own twitter, meanwhile the heel character of Silas Young is saying homophobic poo poo and that has to get past bookers, script writers, executives, etc. Young as a "real man-rear end in a top hat" type character doesn't really bug me and I like the dude in the ring but the fact that homophobia is being used as an element in a pro wrestling show here in 2014 really sits as a lovely thing and bugs me a great deal more than a redneck dude saying redneck poo poo on his off-time.

Anyway, whatever, your mileage may vary.

Serious question.

Do you consider playing a Nazi in a movie worse than literally being a Nazi?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

For what it's worth, I brought up Nazis because the biggest movie franchise right now (The Avengers) outright began, timeline-wise, with a guy fighting Nazis, and certainly if homophobic villains have no place in media, Nazis don't either.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That Del Rio video is adorable. :)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

One of these days a wrestler will advance their career on twitter.

Zack Ryder tried, but then he didn't have his hand on his heart during the National Anthem so JR had him buried.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

"Hello, I Love You" started out as a poem Jim Morrison wrote after being floored by a beautiful girl. Who knows what Mojo's tweet will become?

So a musician will form a band called The Floors?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Edwardian posted:

Face it: Titan Tower will be his giant mausoleum, with all the wrestlers entombed with him.

If Vince tries to entomb Jericho, he'll just break the walls down. :colbert:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fauxhawk Express posted:

No way they dump the Network this early. Worst thing they'd probably do is take the live PPVs off of there.

If they took live PPVs off the Network, that'd probably be about as good as dumping it.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

He'd be right, it's drawn in Japan. :v:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The charity stream Lance Storm is complaining about?

They recruited Vince Russo to volunteer to help them raise money.

Vince Russo: On this day, a better person than Lance Storm.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

You could link to any of like a dozen Mark Henry lifts, each of which is so absurd it makes your everything hurt, and one could argue "Well, it's not his most impressive lift..."

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

https://twitter.com/WWECameron/status/511751200564592640

In which Cameron tries to convince the WWE Universe that she's a "trendsetter" rather than an idiot.

Reminder that she was the best they could find from Tough Enough.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bhester posted:

Yeah, but they didn't think Austin Aries was good enough for Tough Enough, so their discernment in that department is spotty at best.

Oh, that was entirely a damnation of WWE.

Although WWE uninteionally dodged a bullet, since if they had actually signed Aries there probably would have been a backlash about his comments on the Boston bombings.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Hey man, that poo poo ruled right up until the match started.

When a man's heart is full of defeat...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

El Generico and Mankind, respectively.

What does Steen have against Foley? :ohdear:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I have absolutely no idea how he manages to type exactly the way that he talks.

Maybe Dusty doesn't have a lisp or an accent, maybe that's just the way his brain works. One day he'll get surgery and turn out to actually sound like a refined British gentleman.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bartolo Colon is proof that the world is still a wonderful place.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MRT you fucker if he were dead Dave would have reported it by now.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Since there's no TNA thread and this was posted on Dixie's twitter, I guess this is best place for this:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6252-DESTINATION-AMERICA-PINS-DOWN-DEBUT-DATE-FOR-IMPACT-WRESTLING

Impact Wrestling posted:

IMPACT WRESTLING debuts on Destination America with a special LIVE broadcast on Wednesday, January 7 from 9-11 PM ET, televised from New York City’s legendary Manhattan Center. IMPACT WRESTLING will move to its permanent time slot on Fridays from 9-11 PM ET beginning January 16 on Destination America.

I can't believe they're this stupid.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Beautiful Ninja posted:

If this is about competing with Smackdown, Smackdown is moving to Thursday the day before Impact is moving to Friday.

Oh.

Then I guess I'm the one that is that stupid.

Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

lokipunk posted:

Too bad that pretty much WAS the blowoff. I hoped for the same thing too. New Nexus fizzled very shortly. The "pipebomb" promo really did in any chances we would see nexus vs corre.

The Corre was already broken up by the time the pipebomb happened, I think.