Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

LvK posted:

I read it as more of a... I don't know what I read it as. I was trying to figure out if I should've been offended.

Or desperately wanting to be. I thought it was pretty clear he's crediting Verne for telling him how to do his comebacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

I'm not sure what pricing structure The Godfather was using however. "Take all my hos if you do a job for me." is hard to put into a $ amount.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

OctoberCountry posted:

https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/600055748459044864

Jesus Christ this is hilarious, especially considering how much Dave has praised Impact the past few months.

I love how frustrated Dave has obviously gotten over those TNAMecca idiots. I am almost hoping he just comes out and goes "gently caress it, I heard Destination America is going to drop TNA in September and I told Bob Ryder about it!"

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

epitasis posted:

dave prettttttty much put bob in an unwinnable spot there tbh

That's why Bob shouldn't have tweeted anything.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Onmi posted:

Big E creepy for humerous flirt tweet directed towards 21 year old woman who's pretty freaking gorgeous. Man it's a 7 year difference, my mother and father are about that gap. More people in the past 365 days have played with Big E's titties than Noelles. Probably imagined them more as well.

I'm not sure what female would find that humorous and flirty and not creepy though. "ARE YOU CLAPPING WITH YOUR BUTT??"

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Gavok posted:

How many more retweets until Big E brings Noelle to the prom?

lmao

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

oldpainless posted:

Nice sexual assault Paige

Obviously she's ok with this type of behavior and thus this makes it a perfectly acceptable thing for fans to do when meeting her in person. Just have the gif on your phone if there's an issue.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
You would think Dave would have just blocked that rear end in a top hat by now considering they've been arguing for days.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Virgil is now on twitter @TheReal_Virgil and he is already heeling it up:

quote:

I am better than you. I have been part of it all and you aint poo poo. business inquiries therealvirgil1@gmail.com pay me and I will follow your sorry rear end

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
I'm not paying him just to get him to reply to me.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
I think that might be fake.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
I have a feeling Josh was probably always a douche he just couldn't really get away with it in WWE because he'd get smacked down. Now he can go on twitter and talk poo poo to someone like Jim Ross and feel like he's actually a big shot and not a guy who spent like a decade getting poo poo on while he was in WWE.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

If anyone is following wrestlers on twitter and Rip Rogers isn't one of them, you're missing out. He is really accessible too and has responded to me every time I've tweeted him anything.

EDIT: God I'm glad I tweeted him early this morning because he has sent out like 10 tweets since then detailing what he'd do with his promotion he would start if he won Powerball.

goc fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 25, 2015

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
How unfortunate that they managed to take over his twitter but not send one funny tweet.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
HHH was so much loving worse than Cena that I really don't understand the comparisons. 2002 Raw was loving atrocious as HHH beat every popular babyface on the Raw roster.

HHH actually buried people while John Cena wins his feuds. Like every top babyface from the past 30 years of WWF/E has done.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

reignofevil posted:

"Great" is a relative term; as a worker in the WWE his performance is very satisfactory because you can't expect him to care more than they do.

As an entertainer and a performer in general though? He leaves a large amount to be desired and frankly the fact that other matches on the product right now aren't as good or better is less a compliment to the "great" matches John is putting on and more an indictment of the actual matches we are getting.
People say things like this and I have absolutely no idea what are we even talking about? Match quality for the TV shows is about as good as it's ever been outside of maybe when The Shield were wrestling in 6 man tags every week.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

reignofevil posted:

Basically I was saying that anybody who thinks that this is the peak of wrestling is fine to think that; but that as a show put on with the intent to entertain it is weak and could be much better. This was in the context of Cena's "great" matches which have been fine but are not something to hold up on a pedestal or anything.

The other bit was me saying that what makes a match have quality is a very complex topic that was completely unrelated to "wrestlers on twitter" and so I wasn't gonna get into it deeply.

There are different styles of wrestling. This seems to me like you're some huge fan of the ROH or New Japan style or something so you're grading all WWE matches like they're supposed to be working the style you like. That would be like me getting chocolate ice cream and then bitching about how it doesn't taste like strawberry. Maybe WWE just isn't for you.

Because I actually think the match quality on Raw & SD has gotten too high where guys are working just as hard on TV as they are on PPV and it makes the PPVs not feel very special any more. There have been maybe 5 matches on PPV this year that felt like they were real PPV quality, big time matches.

goc fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 28, 2015

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
What are you even arguing? That the average match quality for Raw & SD sucks? I don't see what time period you can argue that the match quality on Raw was like WAY better than it is now.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Fantastic. Sign this guy.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Piper must have forgotten about the contract he signed with PodcastOne.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Gavok posted:

Miz got called out on it and kicked out of the locker room by double murderer extraordinaire Chris Benoit. Then sometime after Benoit's crazy weekend, Miz was like, "So... can I use the locker room again?"

That's a nice story but it didn't happen that way. He was back in the locker room way before that.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
I hate to agree with Konnan about anything but yea Axel is boring as gently caress and would never have made it out of developmental if his dad wasn't Curt Hennig.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Big Show has a REASON to pull his punches as in he could really gently caress somebody up. Shane could have landed all those punches and they might have elicited an "ow" out of Randy.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
How can you NOT be following Virgil??

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

StarkRavingMad posted:

Yes, "voy a partir tu puta madre" translates literally as "going to split your whore mother" but is actually slang for "going to kick your rear end." Madre is an interesting word in slang because it has a bunch of different meanings.

Konnan talked about that gun thing years ago although I don't think it's ever really been confirmed as a work or a shoot or just Konnan being Konnan. Most people sort of assumed the heat between Del Rio and Mistico was squashed when they were both in WWE, although there were some odd moments like Alberto accidentally(?) pulling Mistico's mask halfway off during a match. This is probably just Alberto hyping up the Triplemania match.

There was also that whole thing where they had a match on Raw and Misticara broke some fingers or somehow hosed up his hand on a dive and the referee clearly told Del Rio what was up and Del Rio decided to pick him up and put him back in the ring and then start kicking him anyway.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
I just rewatched that before making the post about it and it's funny to see how hyped up the referee gets like you almost expect him to start fighting Del Rio.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Vince Russo seems to be very desperate for work. NSW_360 is an E-FED! "Look bro send me $20 and I'll write your next show"

goc fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 29, 2015

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Last time I was in a library I am almost positive there were two teenagers doing some hand stuff in the aisles beside me. I am not sure if they did not see me in the back cubby desk or if they just didn't give a gently caress. It helped me finish jerking off though so all was good.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
The Rock kicked out of Stunners more than once. I would suspect HHH did at least once.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

"I put a lot of effort into my work before TBS screwed everything up. --@TonySchiavone24

He did. He was still really good until somewhere around 97-98.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Heenan was just a bad fit for WCW and especially for Tony.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

I am pretty sure this is from 1998 or after at which point they were both pretty awful. Tony was better overall in WCW, especially pre-1998, than Heenan ever was there.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'll undercut her by 25% if anyone is interested

I can not only undercut it by 35% but I can do 2 for the price of 1!

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
I would like to know how exactly that happened. I mean if the intention was to knee him in the face...it's a loving work. Why are you doing it so hard that it would break a mouth guard & two front teeth?

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
The elephant in the room that no one wants to acknowledge is that the NXT audience is a small part of the overall Raw audience. The people hollering for better booking of the Divas are a loud minority whereas I think there are a whole lot more people watching Raw who really do not give a poo poo at all. Sure, you can say that's WWE's fault for always positioning them that way but the fact is there are probably more people that don't care about how the Divas are booked and don't see them as important than there are people who are championing their NXT booking and saying that's how Raw should do it.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

Thauros posted:

I know four people isn't really indicative of anything, but there were four guys (including myself) in my hostel room in Brooklyn who stayed the weekend for wrestling and all were traveling solo. One other guy besides me was there for ROH and the other two for NXT. No one had Summerslam tickets. One of them went down to Barclays to try to get one but ended up with a fake.

I don't know why so many people are acting like it was the same 15,000 people all 3 nights. I've seen it on like 3 different boards and twitter.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
If you aren't following Rip on twitter why the hell not? He's the most accessible wrestler on there from my experience. But then I'm a big territory fan who has watched a bunch of his stuff from Portland and Southeastern/Continental so maybe that just means I have questions he's interested in answering.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Kevin Owens still has me blocked on twitter for something I said like 5 years ago

Do you think he ever actually goes through his blocked list? I doubt it. I just got blocked during Raw by Honky Tonk Man because he was talking poo poo about Billy Gunn being a trainer and I asked why he was dogging on his protege Rockabilly like that. HTM is a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goc
Mar 26, 2013

he knows...
Because he talks a lot of poo poo. That I can no longer read :(