Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Xacto Wife posted:

Dusty allegedly called him "Kike Cabana"

That wasn't Dusty that was Al Snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VogeGandire posted:

Stop making me like you, Sheamus.

What's wrong with he said? He does actually drink Guinness.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave Meltzer hurt Billy's feelings by saying he doesn't have the money to buy and bankroll TNA. As well as generally dismissing him as a serious candidate to purchase TNA:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Big Zeke and JTG, gleefully collecting downsides and laughing on a couch somewhere.

Zeke tore a quad and a bicep I can't remember which order but it was in closer succession.

If I was Meltzer I would point out both are steroid injuries here.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

I guess the Bellas won the war/Mike Bennett wants an NXT contract.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lots of oblivious TNA fans just saw it as TAYLOR WILDE TO TNA?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

A LOVELY MAN

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm not talking about main event success. I'm talking about any success. He's small without being flashy. He's a bit haggard. He's capable of a good promo but 90% of them are poo poo or done in a way that's never going to work in WWE.

Bryan was/is the greatest wrestler in the world. Rollins is about half a foot taller than Jacobs. I love Jimmy Jacobs on the indies but that guy has less than zero chance in WWE because he cannot stand out at all. He could maybe get over as a shitheel manager, but that's about it.

He has gotten several WWE tryouts including one in 2011 and maybe another more recent - the "look" I think Jamie Noble arranged for him that he has talked about in his ROH Career DVD and his Kevin Steen shoot. Even he says chances of him getting signed are hopeless.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Yuriy posted:

I thought the big problem was that Hero was lazy and didn't hit the gym?

Without you flipping out at me.

That wasn't really an issue especially one that lead to his release. Two headliner level Wrestlers put the serious mouth on him based on a negative interaction and Triple H didn't see anything in him which they didn't have already/could market.

Also you can't technically blow off weight trainers in NXT. Weight training is mandatory.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Hinoarashi posted:

I've heard the latter but not the former/bolded. Where was this said? Do we know who the alleged wrestlers are?

I looked over what I posted the night of his release:

quote:

Nope he just annoyed the wrong main roster star who then buried Ohno consistently to the office.

I was then corrected that it was more than one person - and heard the same privately in the interim of making my first post and being corrected on F4W board.

My second post:

quote:

Actually you are right.

Asked three people who are fairly reliable and I two of them don't speak to each other who tend to know the score it was attitude based. A number of people would offer him advice including some main roster people and trainer and he would typically answer back purporting to know better.

Not answering back to a veteran is long time Wrestling custom. You are just meant to take it and say yes Sir. Aesthetically his body was an issue but it was seen as much if not more a manifestation of a bad attitude, not listening to advice etc. I remember Sean Waltman saying that Hero was very misunderstood and he just wants to Wrestle.

Stuff like this is why you will hear trainers and talent development people say it is far harder to train Indy workers than those starting from scratch. As they don't have problematic and hard to fix bad habits. You can get all smarky idealistic but at the end of the day being a WWE sports entertainer IS a job that requires a lot of listening to the instructions from agents to referees to production cues to PR/charities.

He is a nice guy and has a lot of friends but this isn't the first time a relationship between him and promoter/company has gone sour in a big way. Watch his last shoot interview.

I never found out who buried him. Meltzer took a few weeks to finally report the stuff I said the night he was released. He never said who the people burying Ohno were either.

oatgan posted:

dude you're the one following him around trying to start poo poo

Not true he is the one who jumps on me. I don't mind being corrected just his attitude is bizarrely OTT. Much rather

rovert fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 4, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TheJoker138 posted:

You're a loving weirdo.

But I don't time travel. That's the important thing.

Bard Maddox posted:

I love Chris Hero and I wish he found huge success in WWE but I'm also glad that he got released so he could add star power to a thin indie scene and also have great matches with today's indie stars instead of wasting away unseen in developmental

I think so too. He probably will end up as a guy who teaches a tonne of really successful wrestlers too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Jumping to your own righteous defense every time someone posts a thing remotely construed as contradictory to you is a great way to become a PSP running joke.

"every time"

Luckily that isn't the case here. It is just with one specific person here, Chief. Pay more attention.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dave's Arsenio Hall moment:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aurain posted:

"Twat" is considered a rather bad curse word over in the states too, is it not? We use the C word regularly over here

Yeah in the UK and Ireland it is more about the sound and malice you can put into the "c" and "t" rather the literal meaning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYGy-j_oH5Q

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Vince Russo being the bigger man:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thinking of shutdowning my Twitter after this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

Just remember, it's Al Snow.

One pop per match

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

They both did and neither decided to press charges

Reby was the absolute aggressor in the situation so the story goes - you can just look at their faces in regards who got the worst of it. Matt didn't press charges as it would hurt his public as a Wrestler along all the other usual reasons. Reby is know for causing scenes. Everyone says Matt however is a model "employee" on indy shows.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sir Jebus posted:

Do you work for some Indie fed and actually have experience with them or are you just acting like you do while regurgitating poo poo you hear on the internet? Serious question.

Find me where this about the fight is written on the internet - besides me saying it in the past. I am mutual friends with someone in the ROH office in you want to know.

Edit: I should point out ROH has ALWAYS been a leaky ship. I might hear something only to ask/exchange notes with a super fan of the promotion or a writer and they would know the story a few days or a week before I would.

Flameingblack posted:

I've worked with matt hardy on an indy show, he was a great guy. Reby was kinda stuck up tho.

Matt was considered as a model employee in ROH at the time the fight became public and I haven't heard a peep different. Reby kind of conforms to fiery Puerto Rican stereotype and given her rep for drama rarely gets booked without Matt.

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 15, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kenta and Mojo Rawley is why they should bring back Battlebowl.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Whole tournament is Mojo pumping up the crowd while KENTA murders the other team by himself.

Was all in with Bill Kazmaier and Jushin Liger back in the day.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
:-(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fart blood posted:

Who is that?

A rib on Nigel McGuinness. It is Candice LaRae.

Elsewhere at AIW.

Poor Veda:
http://www.mobypicture.com/user/Edbattes/view/17129461
#JapaneseTable

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Prefer to remember this Candice way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG50bhk4qsM&t=638s

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jul 27, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kenta fitting in

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The most Court Bauer tweet ever

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Seems to have spoken to Meltzer

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-weeks-fro-now-

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Davey did make one good point at least in regards to giving smarks a bad name

I am keyboard warrior not a smark

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Enjoyed this way too much:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The partners of celebrities tend to get abused on Twitter by those who are jealous of the relationship.

Here's Be A Star's Randy Orton's revenge on such a person who had been abusing his girlfriend (kimklro):

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Orton's target fired back:

https://twitter.com/kgomez325/status/496207721834618880

#shade

Now it has made TMZ:
http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/04/randy-orton-fan-latino-ms-piggy-bashed-twitter-wwe/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Explains the joke:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/archive/01262009/articles/ortonied

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
AJ Styles is a lucky boy:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Joey McChrist posted:

somebody hosed up file attachments on the forums i think. stick to imgur

Will do.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
This was actually asked of Paige's mother:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Paige seems to keep a lot of that side of her live to herself. I think it is more so not wanting to gently caress up and/or letdown her family rather than any other titillating also and she is only 22 no need to settle down. When she was in developmental she lived alone and to the best of my knowledge still does.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Senerio posted:

My new favorite WWE Twitterer is Becky Lynch after livepunning Summerslam and Raw.

The thing I am most amused by is that Monday night she gained twice as many followers during Raw than any of her NXT appearances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sigma posted:

Hopefully the people down at NXT are getting media training classes, at least.

Between that and fears over job security is why most of their Twitter games are so poor.