Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I think Ronda is No. 18, and will totally be her if HHH gives her a bunch of money to let Steph pin her at WM32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Two Beans posted:

Which wrestler is AstroBoy?
Roman Reigns (he charges his arm and is regularly given oil changes by a father figure)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i pissed off the dude at a gas station in new jersey b/c i pumped my own gas since no one was around. guy comes out and was like "you messed everything up," so i gave him a dollar and he looked at me like he wanted to kill me. typical new jersey poo poo, i hate that place.
Well yeah, he might've been in actual legal trouble and you were gonna bribe him with a whole loving dollar? What is this, Oklahoma?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

MotU posted:

You should tank up in NJ because it is cheaper than the surrounding states
And you don't even have to get out of your car!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

MotU posted:

The real reason for this is so that tourists don't dirty the state with the non-Jersey dirt on their shoes
And you can't teach that.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Still the same lady who wanted to ban video games and music for violence and sexual content, and she's been doing it for almost 20 years so I don't expect that to change much
You just got worked, ya mark

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/590986429972381697

I hope Rusev's face turn is just becoming a goon who loves basketball and fight games and periodically kicks John Cena in the penis.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Phenix Rising posted:

Is it just me or does Balor look like he has a huge loving mouth? His smile is so big, it looks like it could reach back to the sides of his head if he tried hard enough. Or maybe it's just that his whole face is really wide. His head is confusing me right now.
The venom make up is not his actual face you know

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The_Rob posted:

Goons are really weird
I guess to be vaguely serious, a lot of Irish dudes just tend to show all their teeth when they smile, for whatever reason. My entire Irish side of the family has that going on. I'm sure it's not limited to the Irish either.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Mob posted:

I understand why libraries existed up until like 5 or 6 years ago but now I'm not really sure what point they serve other than a government-funded building for homeless people to jerk off in
They have a lot of events for kids, though to be fair this probably prevents the crippling social disorders necessary for success in the modern IT industry

Also: provides access to books when Wrestlemania Reading Buddies isn't going on

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Rip Rogers just posted this selfie and he appears to have the body of Popeye.

https://twitter.com/Hustler2754/status/637309738422804480
These two old fucks stole Finn Balor's car!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

rovert posted:

Yeah Holzerman reported on his blog. Holzerman said that Jim Cornette was spreading rumours that Devitt was being questioned by Homeland Security or some poo poo and that is why he couldn't make the Wrestling Revolution Project tapings.

When in reality New Japan just pulled Devitt from the WRP.
Who did Cornette cite, the Rubberbandits?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

dsriggs posted:

Apparently, she got into Pro Graps after Salem told her all of Wrestling's Greatest Secrets
Cat with the scoops

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

InShaneee posted:

He's said before he doesn't want to get called up.
If he's got an excellent contract and the NXT touring schedule isn't as brutally destructive as the main roster, it makes perfect sense really.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

rovert posted:

Balor most certainly wants to be called up not be fooled by PR interviews. He's 34 years old, banged up and came to WWE to make money.
It may depend on his contract really. If he's figuring he's making 80% of the money of, say, Dolph Ziggler to do half of Dolph Ziggler's work while not having to live with the immortal shame and spiritual downsides of being Dolph Ziggler, perhaps that's a wise decision.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Put a strap on that bird immediately. In fact, just have an all-bird division. Wait a minute, that's just cockfighting, and a bird can't work safe. Nix the bird division idea.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

The problem with ZZ, as expressed on the show, was that they felt he was deliberately presenting a persona designed to get people to like him, cheer for him, and want him to succeed. And there's no place for that in WWE!
didn't he literally invent a new move when they asked him to come up with a finisher

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Great White Hope posted:

There are people on this subforum who think Brock vs. Roman was a shoot.
Like... a shoot shoot? I had heard the semi-plausible theory that they might have been stiffing each other somewhat, which would explain why Lesnar bled so much without smuggled blades.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Angular Landbury posted:

The Secret wasn't mentioned, and generally doesn't have anything to do with curses, it's more of a "manifesting" prosperity doctrine thing. Ryback is just super quick to believe weird crap in general, such as the Secret, curses, etc.

Then again, Bryan believes that society will disintegrate into chaos and only hippies with home gardens will survive and also that shoving bees and kale into his rear end will cure concussiins, so eh.
Oh is he one of those prepper/peak oil people?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

You ever read "Those Who Walk Away From Omelas?"

It describes Riley's cosmic purpose.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah, that's pretty fair.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

At first, I read this as Proletarians. Then I read it as Pro Les world.

I'm guessing the latter is Joshi tho.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/alexisgoal/status/569742305894248448

I wonder if Rusev had to take that down because Turner owns CN.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

let's talk about how irs is part of the deep state
(((Irwin R. Shyster))) huh

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Libertarians are usually for people regulating themselves over government regulations but idk I never hear most of them talking about gun control one way or the other usually it's just taxes and drugs
There's a few flavors and I'm not sure if Kane is the swamp crazy man kind or the "I, obviously, would be an aristocrat, so I favor the removal of barriers to aristocracy." kind. The main other kinds are "Republican, but embarrassed to admit it" and ":weed:"

Nessus fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 5, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/1037856549836865537

good to know WWE is hiring dumb 4chan chuds who love antisemitic jokes

Considering that seems to be the man's actual face and hands, is it not possible that this screenshot happens to match a racist cartoon by honest mischance? Or was he clearly mugging up and talking about how badly he wanted the (championship) GOLD

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

There's been Taka, Hakushi, Something Suzuki, Kaientai, Rock, Headbangers, Rikishi among others I'm forgetting...hmm..seems ok but could be better?
Ricky Steamboat is the big example back in the 80s, I guess?

Though Jesus, his shoot surname is Blood? What the gently caress, Ricky, that's like malpractice. Then again I guess "Dick Blood" is a little much.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

It sounds like Brock is basically findomming Vince.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

Hold the gently caress up, Randy Orton is supporting BLM now?
The Apex Redditor lives to swerve I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Sure, I'm just wondering how much worse. Like double the calories, 1.5x the calories?

Is that tennis racket for returning the serve on tear gas grenades? Because that's pretty funny if that works.
I believe it does work but you have to actually catch it in the air. They don't fire those things with high velocity, the payload's supposed to do the work.