Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
What's the history on Tarver's 1.8 gimmick? I don't remember that at all. Was it literally "Who can knock you out in 1.8 seconds? Me"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

DMPunk posted:

Well that's really, really sad. Because Dakota's the cutest one there.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I actually like DMPunk, and that was done out of love. And I wasn't making some suggestion that DMPunk is a pedo, children can be cute, everyone can be cute, and we should all be allowed to say so without getting tarred and feathered for it like DMPunk seems to.

Guess I didn't get that across in my fakequote :(

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I thought if we all just sunk to the stupidest accusation to make about DMPunk, we'd all stop being so silly and talk about Wrestlers and Wrestling Fans on Twitter.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
The great thing about that is when chanted by a crowd sounds a lot like "Cena Sucks"

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Timby posted:

Martha Hart still has a pending lawsuit against WWE regarding non-payment of royalties for the use of his likeness (and she's also arguing that they don't have the right to use his legal name for promotional purposes), there's no way we're seeing an Owen DVD anytime soon.
So what happens when Owen turns up on other DVDs? Is that the non-payment in question.

Seems weird that Owen wouldn't have got anything from featuring so heavily in the Bret DVD.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

triplexpac posted:

I feel like one of these days he is going to hit on the wrong girl and get in some poo poo. I assume WWE/Vince could care less if dudes hit on girls, but don't do it in a way where people can share proof of your conversation on the internet you doofus.
There's no real way to do that though. If you talk to a girl, you just have to assume they're recording it somehow, because they are.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
THIS CINNAMON BUN IS drat NEAR BROKE IN HALF!

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Re: Hoeski

I assume all the hatred for that word is because of John Cena using it to describe Eve and the crowd taking a liking to it and chanting it as threatenly as they could at her?

Pretty sure Ryder used it first on ZTLIS (possibly in reference to Leia, I forget), and it was just a harmless, funny interpretation of broski. Cena ruined a good thing, if you can imagine that.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Wait, there's a SONG called Hoeski? I've missed something here.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's already been done. Baseball and Softball got axed for Golf and Rugby.

They haven't chosen what sport will replace Wrestling but options include bringing Baseball back, Squash, Wakeboarding, Karate, Wu Shu and probably some other really dumb poo poo.
Really dumb poo poo? Uh I think you'll find it's roller sports and sport climbing, actually.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Sport climbing is really dumb poo poo compared to wrestling.

Oh god, did my sarcasm not come through? I hope rollersports means roller derby, but pretty sure the plan is for it to be halfpipe tricks to match the snowboarding on the winter sode.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Wrestling was one of the very few sports I didn't watch during the Olympics, but I remember a lot of Goons moaning about the elaborate coin toss red ball thing to decide a winner. If wrestling fixes itself so that the winner of a match is actually the better wrestler rather than literally the luckier I'm sure it'll do well at reconsideration for, say, 2024.

Alternatively, Winter Olympics are still pretty low on numbers, I'm all for ice wrestling.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

KungFu Grip posted:

He has literally said "this is a mark out moment, IM MARKING OUT BRO!!!"

Was this actually confirmed as the problem or did Goons just "2+2=5"? Like, I'd get it if Striker used a term like "heel" or "face" or even "kayfabe", a term Vince himself liked to toy around with on commentary, but "marking out" seems so comparatively innocent to such terms.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Fang Blade Havoc posted:

If I was anyone in NXT and they brought in Curtis Axel to teach me things I'd be pretty insulted. I like Curtis Axel as a character but he's still really, really nothing special.

Wasn't it him and Curt Hawkins tasked with the job of getting The Rock back to match fitness?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Volcano Style posted:

What I'm saying is DDP Yoga owns.
Don't mean to derail the thread further, but how many hours per day/week does DDPYoga demand of you?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I don't know who this Rob guy is (possibly because he's a nobody?), so let's go ahead and assume Sandow doesn't either and isn't supporting pedophilia and carry on with our lives.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I'm thinking this is when Zack Ryder was highly excited about Raw being at the Nassau Coliseum, one of his better ZTLIS featured a Rocky-like montage training for the night, this was at a time when he was on TV a fair bit, was semi-over with the crowd and he didn't even have a walk-on cameo in the background. Someone on the current roster (Jericho, if I recall rightly) even tweeted something to the effect of "Today you screwed the kid just to screw the kid."

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

oatgan posted:

my name is Oatgan and I like to party

my name is Oatgan and I like to party

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I'm right in thinking nobody powerbombs in WWE, right? Is it a banned move or is Vince really trying to make sure Roman Reigns or whoever can never truly get over.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I've tuned out a bit over the last few months, but unless Swagger's Rusev feud has become massive someone needs to apply it frequently. Because Batista and The Shield are dead, and nobody wants Cena being the powerbomb guy.

Push Luke Harper to the moon.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
So Colt Cabana stopped being relevant after his appearance in the crowd during Punk vs Cena at MITB, right? And yet people (who obviously HATE him) still follow him on twitter? How does that happen?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I googled PSL and I'm none the wiser. Unless AJ's a Premier Sports League fan?

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Steve Nrails Back The Senuts finally gets something off his chest.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Basic Chunnel posted:

He was about as cutting when feuding with the Miz and no one cared

Boy will your face be red when Dolph Ziggler loses the belt to Hornsgator because he made a tweet.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Has a wrestler ever acknowledged being a linear champion? Be it on twitter or shooting on Raw or whatever.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

Yes, Wade Barrett has talked about it in an interview and I think he tweeted about it once as well.

http://www.gerweck.net/2014/04/06/video-wade-barrett-chats-about-being-the-linear-champion-wrestlemania-the-riser-idea-and-more/

Excellent. Barrett's so dreamy, I wish he could go 10 days without getting injured.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
He's probably just sad because he'll have to take some days off, thus ruining his gimmick.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
I was expecting Ted DiBiase at Arby's.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Actual gimmicks don't work in Vince's WWE. You have to be John Cena to even be considered.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

oblique posted:

If Phil Kessel hunts this could turn into something special

He fishes a lot, which is like hunting in the sea, I'm sure he'd go for it. They both have a history of losing their smile too to bond over. I need to see these two hang out together.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

They still do the pierogi race there!? I went to a Pirates game about 3 years ago, and that genuinely got the biggest pop of the night. The Pirates won that day, and even scored a HR. I don't know if being British is the reason why I failed to understand this but it probably added to my confusion of the events.

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
A wrestling fan calling someone in the wrestling industry racist for referring to an Irishman as a leprechaun seems pretty unworthy of a twitter argument or the inevitable thread derailment here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Oh man, Heath Slater's going to fit in so well with the BROKEN Matt Hardy storyline.