Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
This should be an interesting challenge: The sheer scope of the map is promising, having played all the Infinity Engine games and dabbled in one or two mods. Good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Why do you think Irenicus had to kill him? He's a Dreadnought, and no power on faerun would have kept him from Jaheira or CHARNAME whilst he was alive.

Sadly, Irenicus found the loophole in that statement.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Vorgen posted:

The original games are old, and there's already Let's Plays all the way until Throne of Bhaal. I'm trying to focus on and emphasize the number of scope of the mods, and how they add to, differ from, and perhaps subtract from the original game. So I'm totally fine with people referencing everything in the original game without spoilers. Besides, there are so many changes that what people think are spoilers may not be.

jng2058 posted:

Besides, the Clark Kent routine is the only thing that could make his otherwise aggravating personality bearable. And let me tell you, I was a happy camper when they plot killed the squirrely schmuck in the beginning of BG2!

Kaboom, it surprised a whole lot of people, eleven years ago.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I hear there are gentle farmers' fields to the North: Nothing dangerous could possibly be there in such a bucolic pastoral setting.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I want to see Boo's upgrade. Get Minsc and keep him.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Finch, Imoen, Rose, Gavin, Shar-Teel, Kagain. Keep Haiass.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Might as well Rez her.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Five upvotes for Shar-teel.

If you cut her loose, she'll go back to slavering. Keep her close, and show her the merits of freedom firsthand.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Ditch Tiax for Ajantis.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
North. The quickest way to level is by killing high value targets.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Let's go for the Death is democratic option. Each death a character experiences is counted automatically as a vote against them in all future elections for party membership.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A. Vicky is one of the best clerics in the game. Tiax isn't.
C. What's that? A crappy 3rd-party homebrew class? Tell me more.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
+1 for Finch, Imoen, Jaheira, Shar-teel, Viconia. All the ladies, all the time.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A. Go level up on the 'lisks: you have the tools you need.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

vilkacis posted:

I'm pretty amused by that spider. Is an astral phase spider an upgraded version of the regular phase spider? And if so, who the gently caress thought that was a good idea?

This is about the last thing a poster on Something Awful is going to forgive anyone for. :v:

Astral phase spiders debuted in ToTSC in the base game.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
D. Minsc may be clichéd, but he's one hell of a fighter.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 17, 2011

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
D. Gavin had a child out of wedlock that wasn't his. Apparently this constitutes grounds for dismissal, and three clerics is excessive.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
4. This is Syvishtar's show: Both of you stop moaning and get in line.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Lessee. Let's go for a solid front line, one divine caster, one rogue and a strong magic back line. That in mind, I propose:

+1 Minsc
+1 Shar-Teel
+1 Imoen
+1 Viconia
+1 Hmm. I'm inclined to go for Dynaheir over Edwin because her spells have been more useful. Dynaheir unless Edwin steps his game up and fills his spellbook.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
E. Xzar is too weak in the weave, and is muscling in on your spot as the crazy mage. Defend your archetype and befriend the walking slime!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Our army of loyal minions shall sweep across the face of Faerun! Not even death can hold back those bound to us by time, fate and the weave!

Yes, Yes, Yes.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
If you have anyone with invisibility, sanctuary or hide in shadows alive, sneak past the mob and ferry out the gear, using inventory teleport to get it out of enemy LOS.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
2c or 3b. Out with the canon party, in with the new.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
B. An unlooted tomb is an abomination for an adventurer. Don't forget to grab a skull: Can't spell 'desecration' without most of the letters in 'decapitation'.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
This was something I tested a few times back in the day: The only areas you can't return to are Brynnlaw, the sea battle, The Sahuagin City and Chez Irenicus. You can walk right back in the way you came out.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

sebzilla posted:

I don't think you can get back into Ust Natha after you've finished that quest line, but I could be wrong.

You can go back there, but you are no longer disguised. It turns violent.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I presume the goodberries wouldn't have helped?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Lord_Ventnor posted:

:angel: For once, I agree with the imp. Spiders are bad, stay away if you can, and carry antidotes.

:engleft: The advisors from the upper and lower planes conform to logic. In accordance with the precepts of the Modron collective: Proper preparation, such as a stockpile of antidotes, should be considered a necessity when engaged in hazardous duty involving poisonous creatures.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

ETB posted:

Wait, we're actually trying to fix this? :v:

Break it once and we can break it again, and again, and again..

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Syvishtara is the original G, yo.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
+1 Xzar, Will, Kivan, Khalid, Jaheira.

These are our lowest-level minions. Level them up or watch them die. either way, more entertainment.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Vorgen posted:

Wait, so nobody cares about guessing who's who in this image?

In the style of Syvishtara's thoughts:

1. I had to pay you to join me, and that after you had me running errands!

2. You sneaky little singer, think you have a way with the ladies! You have no way with me, no way! I was a man once...

3. Will you or won't you, son of the hare?

4. You have thorns, don't you? EVERY one of you has thorns! But you'll soon have claws, and wings, and teeth, too, won't you? WON'T YOU?!

5. Such a chipper librarian! my boon companion from Candlekeep. Well, my other boon companion. She's not a dog or a god or a thief or a feiht.

6. Your name, I can't stop saying it, you strange one from the north...

7. I See you... But I CAN'T see you! It's enough to make me berserk! Or you berserk. You berserk, Logan?

8-13. It's my strike team! We're going to strike at everyone, for revenge! Nothing can stop us! Muhuhahahaaaaa!

11: It's Me! But I'm Me. That can't be Me! Are there two Mes? Two Mes is too many. I hope I don't start seeing doubles of everyone I've ever known or loved, that would be maddening. saddening. gladdening?

14. Morning, lord.

15: Is it an effeminate man or a manly woman? A powerful, powerful caster in a dress. Not as powerful as Me, though. THE WEAVE LOVES ME MORE! DO YOU HEAR, THAYVIAN?!

16: A humble merchant with a deadly axe. A good man in a fight. Or a bad man overall? Both? Too short to be a man, anyway.

17: So little pleasantness! Lots of strength and grace, though.

18: You're one of THEM, but you don't like spiders. Strange.

19: You think you should be in control, but I'M in control! Daddy said so and you were his friend!

20: Coward! Friend to my foster father but a coward nonetheless! Away from me lest I catch it!

21: You know all, you see all, you rule all. Yes. Now follow me like a good little minion.

22:Aaagh! Silke's Lackey! Lacke? You ran off! You came back?

23: You're dead! I SAW you DIE! I threw you off a cliff! Yet you're alive? backstabber!

24: Oh. OH! I get it now! You like to do things with the dead, don't you? Standing next to your friend, THAT's why!

25: Madman! You and that creature, the tiny giant space thing on a planet. That way isn't safe. pafe. mafe.

26:I rescued you from a pit! or did I make you fight in one? So confusing...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Vorgen posted:

Ok, here's the key for the image:

Cool, I got most of them right.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
The Slime was good but now is past its time,
For now we help this girl to do her crime,
Her presence surely will be a pleasure,
And best of all we get all the treasure.

3E

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Aye! Listen to the whispers, Syvishtara. Embrace them! Make them your own, even as your servant makes them real with his archery. It is Right, it is who you were born to be...

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Safana's only use is polymorphed into a werewolf. We can keep the cloak and give it to the new guy, rendering her useless. Ditch her.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Dervish. He's travelled the planes and adopted sufi mysticism rather than the Faerunian pantheon.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Vorgen posted:

Sure, that sounds fair. And within Syvishtara's character too. S/he would definitely want to chance summoning an air or earth elemental against bandits even though she should not really be able to. In fact I may just start Nahaling elementals until I get one, and drat the consequences.

Yes, Shyvishtara. Give in to the temptation. Grasp the power that is your due!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Try bribery. Failing that, cheat in a few hundred rogue stones until we can bribe him, get rid of the rest, and find some way to ruin this bugger. May I suggest getting him int-drained by his own shape-changed simulacrum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Vorgen posted:

So, by popular demand, I will try to kill Sir BillyBob. Once. But if it doesn't work, I will show you what happened as an alternate reality vision and move on to Bald Hill.

If you're going to try, get creative. I still advocate getting him to stat drain himself with his own shapechanged simulacrum.

• Locked thread