Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Vorgen posted:

Ahahahahaha, I was testing something and started a new Shadows of Amn game, going through a ton of cutscenes. When I finally got control of my character and started wandering around Irenicus' dungeon, I discovered something horrible.

My friends, we're going to have to go into :siren: CODE RED FURRY ALERT :siren: when we get there. Irenicus really is a disgusting bastard.

Oh god, the modders have gone nuclear :ohdear:

also, whatever else you do I vote we ditch the dumb bard because he seems dumb and annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Mikl posted:

Since we're waiting on a new page, I might as well ask a question.

If you finish Baldur's Gate with a party of your choosing, do you get that party in the beginning of Shadows of Amn, or do you get the standard party members anyone starting a new game from scratch would get?

Without mods? No. Vanilla SoA assumes a "canonical" party of Imoen, Minsc, Dynaheir, Jaheira, and Khalid. I think the Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod brings whatever your BG1 party was into SoA, though.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Shar-teel +1
Finch +1
Will Scarlet -3

Alternatively, if it's feasible to remove a single mod from this giant clusterfuck: The mod that ruined Kivan -5

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Personally I'd like to see Imoen die and not get resurrected some time during BG1, just to see how Vorgen deals with her suddenly being alive (and a mage) when BG2 starts :v:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Jazerus posted:

-5 for Shar-Teel.

She's a terrible tank, a drain on our resources, and the romance with her is incredibly creepy. Ditch her, preferably for Kagain or someone else decent.

"Incredibly creepy" you say? We have not even begun to scratch the surface of creepy poo poo that BG modders have done. The Shar-teel stuff is kinda dumb, but nowhere near creepy by BG2-romance-mod standards :gonk:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

My only regret re: Ajantis is that you should've left him dead :colbert:

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

+1 Imoen
+1 Gavin
+1 Kagain
-2 Will

Something about that goddamn bard just makes me hate him, I don't even know why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

You absolutely should play the games (nearly) vanilla for your first time. I'd recommend getting BG Trilogy or EasyTutu, since it just updates BG1 to use BG2's version of the engine without changing any of the content. Other than that, the G3 fixpack and maybe some of the convenience stuff in the G3 tweak-pack is perfectly fine.

• Locked thread