Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
:angel: Hello, Syvishtar! I am Lord Ventnor, the angel on your shoulder, so to speak. Let me tell you right now: that wild mage is dangerous. If for not your sake, for your friends', don't take him on yet. Wait until you are stronger, then remove his brand of evil from the world.

Anyway, this looks interesting, so I think I'll follow this for a while. Like your update posts, italics will indicate when I'm speaking as a voice in the MC's head.

Also, cat needs a name. I'll push forth Gorion Jr. as a choice.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

I'll join others in voting Dreadnought, especially since as jng pointed out, it can cancel out his running away coding.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

You can't wear the gold pants? Kind of a shame, although it would be kind of a stupid move (in that your displaying to their old owner that you stole them).

Out of curiosity, would you say Syvishtar worships a god of magic, or magic itself as a force that no entity, god or man, can control?

:angel: Syvishtar, you must now head south. You have chances to do good and right wrongs down there, and your experiences there should help prepare you for the mage who is terrorizing Candlekeep.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 9, 2011

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: ... I think you should be a little more careful next time, Syvishtar. At any rate, both Imoen and Khalid haven't entirely crossed over yet, so you should be able to raise them. I could feel an aura of evil about the musician, though. Better to leave him dead. Also be wary of Xzar. He may end up turning on you at the worst possible moment.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Shyvishtar, there is a warrior in this town who will prove instrumental in your trials ahead. You may not understand some of what he does, but but it will all work out in the end. At any rate, seek him out. The world depends on it.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

-5 Shar-teel

:angel: Wow... I think you should think about your relationship with that psychobitch very carefully... lest she end up crushing your pelvis until you die.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Continue South, Shyvishtar. You must end the iron crisis. Also, the magic is telling you it's okay to attack women, as evil is done by both genders. Or it could have no meaning either.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Shyvishtar, you must kick out Tiax and bring in Viconia. They may both be evil, but at least she isn't in your face about it. Also, bring the berserker on board. More meatshields valued swordsmen are good for your journey.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

You know what? I'll +5 Rose too. Because I like dragons.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Shyvishtar, you have committed yourself to ridding the world of the basilisks and the evil one who commands them. The magic will protect you: it has shown you that while it won't always do what you want, it will always be your ally.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Cythereal posted:

She's a Viking woman in this mod, for good and ill. She likes fighting, drinking, and flirting. Romance option, though Vorgen will need to raise his rep high enough that Shar-Teel's romance will no longer fire in order to meet Branwen's requirements.

Do it. I cannot abide the current situation.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Honestly, I am kind of interested to see how Shar-teel will react to us becoming respectable.

As such, let Gavin leave for now. He hasn't seen his daughter in how many days? (parental abandonment is not good)

TL;DR, D

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Except that if we ditch Viconia, our rep increases to 10 and Shar-Teel stops liking us, since she's only happy at rep 9 or below. So if you want to see the Shar-Teel romance progress, you either need to sink your rep through evil or through paying off a bard, or you need to keep Viconia in the party.

EDIT: To be precise, Viconia imposes a -2 penalty to our reputation just by being in the party, because people are that scared of Drow.

In that case, C, a thousand times C!!!

You know what, let's just head the problem off with B. Shar-teel is creepy and boring now.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Oct 24, 2011

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Changed my vote in my vote post. Shar-teel is creepy and boring, and I don't like her. :colbert:

Seriously, her Romance doesn't really look like it's going anywhere.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Poor kitty... we didn't even know his/her name and gender.

Good night, sweet prince/princess, and may a flight of mouse entrails guide you to your rest.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, Gladiator seems like the best fit.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Syvishtar, you must allow both to live. (4) You have a great destiny ahead of you, but first you must learn how to lead your allies. Having 2 people with disparate goals and keeping them in line will be a good experience for you.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

+5 Khalid, because we haven't really seen the Duskblade kit yet.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

E. Because... uh... ah, no reason. Just a whim of mine.

Edit: C. Because of another whim.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 21, 2011

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

You know what? I'll change my vote from E to C as well. If Xzar really does have business down here, I guess we can let him complete it, even if he really is more an archer than a mage at this point.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

1 & 2 no, 3 yes.

They're dead, Jim Vorgen. I don't think it would add much to bring'em back now.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Vorgen posted:

OK. I can finally report that all the variables are in place, all the xp and eq is correct, everybody's levels and classes and spells are all as they should be, and I'm currently standing right next to Mur'neth on the penultimate level of the mines. I'll be able to post an update sometime tomorrow.

Lets never do this again.

:bravo:

I salute you for your dedication, sir/madam!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Mr_Ham97 posted:

Edited from markus's:

I saved it as a 24 bit bmp because I think that's what the game requires.

edit: also, Minsc needs a time-out

I vote for this. Both of them.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

3 & D

A Viking and a Paladin without a stick up his rear end? Can't pass that up.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Yes. New guys. Add.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, B sounds good.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Slaan posted:

I agree with Gavin. The little blood-sucking devil on your thigh says, "Stay away from spiders, for they shall be your party's doom. Always keep at least 2 antidote potions in the party at all times :devil:

:angel: For once, I agree with the imp. Spiders are bad, stay away if you can, and carry antidotes.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Voting D G. Also...

:angel: Syvishtar... Er, Syvishtara, do not be quick to try and reverse what has happened to you. The Weave has caused it to happen for a reason; there is something important you must discover about yourself before you change back.

Lord_Ventnor fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Dec 27, 2011

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Just noting that I've changed my vote in my vote post... or something like that.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: You must be ready for the days ahead, Syvishtara. Here are the companions who I feel must follow you, and who you must avoid...

+1 Kivan, because murdering bandits is his life purpose and he's really good at it.
+1 Kagain because he's a dwarf, and... yeah, that's it.
+1 Mur'neth because why not a freaky slime dude?
+1 Imoen because a stealthy tactical approach might be needed.

-1 Tiax because he's one-dimensional, and that dimension isn't even that interesting.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

2, E

:angel: That slime is not good for you, Syvishtara. Leave it...

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Syvishtara, in the end Xan's depression will infect you and lead you to ruin. You must escape now, before it is 2 late!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

I say Dervish. Even though it's not very likely now.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

C, then go west to B and A. We've got a convenient path, let's take it!

That's as good a reason as any. Let's do this.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Vorgen posted:

I can try to bribe him if there's support for it. What do you guys think?

Do it.

Naturally, at one point he has to say "The name's Bob. BillyBob."

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

vilkacis posted:

Anyway, no skimping on the sidequests, but there's no point in making this more painful than it has to be, either. A on the condition that we kick him out as soon as we have access to a replacement.

I agree with this.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

So, are you going to name the Invisible Stalker once you're able to summon it?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

:angel: Normally I'd tell you to be respectful, but that guy is kind of an rear end in a top hat. Tell him off (3).

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Vorgen posted:

I'm getting a distinct Harry Dresden/Molly vibe.

Does that mean that Syvishtara is going to have to call Imoen "grasshopper" now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Tithin Melias posted:

I sure did! :keke:

I was gonna say it could be worse, then I remembered we're going to be subjected to the imoen romance mod.

If the mod really is as terrible as people say it is, I want it to be a fevered hallucination that Syvishtara has after getting high on the Weave, or something like that. We can see it at the same time while saying it never happened.

• Locked thread