Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
We should go with the cannon party because while you may have all seen that party many times before, there's a ton of new content to explore with them and there is a drat good reason these party members are the most popular. Do have Khalid get plotkilled at some point though and replace with Jan Jansen, because Minsc and Boo aren't half as fun without him. Or a cleric on account of being useful I guess...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Not a fan of permadeath. How about instead after every X deaths that character must recover and be swapped out for another for a period of time (certain number of updates, a level, until next party composition vote, ???).

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

1.A
2.B
3. Death means kick from the party to be replaced by next highest vote until next party composition vote. If died just before vote, still count votes, but exclude from initial party make-up.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Can we mod Ajantis back? That was kind of lame, and it makes no sense he'd have stayed with us in the first place if our reputation was too low. Didn't you say party members leaving due to reputation was disabled? I think it should cover this, too. Maybe just have him have a temper tantrum and stay unavailable to us until our reputation climbs to 10+ or something.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

+5 Jaheira

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

You take that back, Jan Jansen is great.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Next you'll be telling me Cespenar isn't awesome.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

This thread is all strength and grace, if little of pleasantness.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Worst comes to worst, I'm pretty sure you can just have a member of the party give the PC a whack or two.

Are we roleplaying Shar-Teels flirting now?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

F

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

So we're killing off potential future party members now? Is that what we're doing? You guys disgust me.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

Is that bad?

He'd have to roll a 25 (on a d20) To Hit Armour Class 0. That means a 24 for AC 1, and 26 for AC -1, for those not familiar with the system.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

pokie posted:

Oh boy, I finally finished Durlag's tower and all outer areas of BG prior to Cloakwood. The chess fight in there was bugged and I hat to teleport a bit and even use ctrl+y to just kill the enemies in that battle as I would be auto gibbed if I moved due to the location of teleport from the cheat. Urgh. And the final Durlag's fights... Let's just say I am waiting to see how Vorgen will handle them.

I don't think you're supposed to do Durlag before Cloakwood. It's end BG1 content added in the expansion, after all.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

We're already getting a bonus pitfight, no need to kill anyone. Besides, didn't we want that room full of heroes?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

+5 Branwen

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Short vote times are fine because we get the death turnover, frequent votes and the game is long, so if you miss one vote it's no big deal.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

E

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

I don't understand how Xzar can win the most loved character award not three updates ago and now you want to vote him out for some slimeball (ha!) Are there two shifts reading the LP with diametrically-opposed views?

I'm going to guess that a small number of people gave all their votes to Xzar, while almost everyone else doesn't like the guy.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

sebzilla posted:

Kivan for Bandit Camp is a great idea. The same logic means Xzar for the Mines, but apparently most people don't agree. :(

Dude, we found a slime willing to join our party. You can't argue with that.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Whatever the outcome of the vote, can the members we kick out rejoin their previous place at the top of the queue?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

I've been thinking about this more and I'm starting to like the idea, so I'm thinking of changing my mind. This isn't the same situation as, say, with Xan, where we had been running with Minsc for a while and voted him out so that Xan could replace him. We havent even left the building with Branwen, Dynaheir, Edwin, and Jaheira. It would have been a better vote to just ask "should we add bjornin and/or hothgrimm into the party now?" before adding in anyone else. So I'm just going to consider a vote for them to replace someone as a vote for them to join the party, and then add in the two most popular characters from the most recent party popularity vote. That means Branwen and Dynaheir will join the party with hlidgrar and bjornin and then edwin and jaheira are next in line if someone dies.

Yeah this is fair.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I hate permanent death :(

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

From the description, the Helm of Glory is clearly supposed to be a unique item. So what's our policy on duplicates?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Brainamp posted:

You mean that your surplus gold thats reserved for fallen party members isn't gooing to be used this time? What the Hell!?

Wild Surge: Be Poor.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I don't really know why we suddenly need a video anyway. I've been loving this LP in screenshot form plenty.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Jaheira should be with Khalid, so Jaheira +2 and I'll be nice to you and spread your casters out: Dynaheir +3.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate all the kudos I get from all you guys, it really makes my day to post an update, go to bed, and wake up to 20-odd replies to the thread.

This is my favorite LP right now, so in that spirit:

3 E

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

Were going to be lost in a blizzard of special snowflakes soon enough. But if you guys want to have a non-special snowflake, there is always Hubelpot the vegetable merchant. He's a vegetable merchant, and starts as a level 1 druid in Shadows of Amn. He sells vegetables in Waukeens Promenade.

Is this the vegetable dealer they erected a statue of in Tradesmeet?

(do it)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Xan was too scared to read the Tome. It might've killed him. He only pretended to have read it to try get in your pants. He's hiding it, and he'll return it to you sheepishly next update.

(This is for your own good Vorgen)

:colbert:

And no, I'm not really serious, although I also winced pretty hard when you wasted that tome.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

That's really cool. I didn't remember that from Icewind Dale, but I'm glad the modders did. Although didn't Xan call him his uncle?

This can only mean one thing: incest.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Rules are rules so Xan needs to go for a while (he doesn't leave permanently if we kick him out now right? I hate permanent), and I think a major point of this LP is to show off new content, so show us this new bard, please. We can grab Finch when we return.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

D. for Dervish

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

I want to formally request an update going over all those spells and the new spells Branwen learned last update that you promised you'd be going over this update.

Those spell descriptions give me nostalgia like nothing else.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Break Enchantment is pretty good against Umber Hulks if I recall.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Small Frozen Thing posted:

In my gaming group's homebrew setting, all god/mortal offspring were female, since they were produced via divine power and parthenogenesis.

At least three of us were autistic. :spergin:

How does your gaming group feel about Greek mythology?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Let's do what the man who slays orcs without breaking a sweat says: C

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

I can try to bribe him if there's support for it. What do you guys think?

I doubt you can pull it off given how you're leaving this town soon and can't return.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Vorgen posted:

I think at this point I should just try to fight him in an alternate reality vision just to see how fast he owns our poo poo. Over/under on how many rounds it takes to completely wipe the entire party?

One.

Timestop in a contingency(enemy spotted) counts as 1 round right?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

That wild mage armour spell has target 1 creature. That's even better than tankmage.

Also, there's more insight to be gained here and we need Fabio to act as a lightning rod: A

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Don't worry, there will be other romances. It's not like Syvishtar(a) is going to settle down with anyone soon.

• Locked thread