Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Vorgen posted:

First you download all the mods automatically, which takes 3 to 5 hours depending on the speed of your connection. Then you hunt down all the mods that have changed while cursing the chinese and germans and french in equal measure, which takes a couple hours. Then you run the automatic batch file preparation program a few times to dispel all doubts, takes an hour. Then you click on the batch file and let it run all night. I've seen it take anywhere between 10 hours and 2 days to complete the batch file. Then you hope there's nothing game-breaking in the error log.

I really wish bioware would release their games as open source so people could simply release a compiled game itself rather than make you compile hundreds of mods.

I'm really torn between wanting to try this massive endeavor and curling up into a fetal coma before returning to my idiot-proof insert disc and play games. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Is it possible to murder Minsc and abscond with Boo or are yo-

Vorgen posted:

Ahahahahaha, I was testing something and started a new Shadows of Amn game, going through a ton of cutscenes. When I finally got control of my character and started wandering around Irenicus' dungeon, I discovered something horrible.

My friends, we're going to have to go into :siren: CODE RED FURRY ALERT :siren: when we get there. Irenicus really is a disgusting bastard.

... Uh. :stare:

• Locked thread