Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

Funny that this LP popped up just as I started loving around with BG again and tried to install this mod. I'm going to vote Khalid go Duskblade, because it sounds the most interesting of the options to me.

I actually have been having trouble getting the Big World Project to work, and this seems like as good a place as any to ask if anybody here's run into a similar problem. I installed the original Baldur's Gate to C:/Black Isle/Baldur's Gate as suggested, but when it gets to be time to actually install the mods it runs into an error telling me it cannot locate my BG installation folder, where it loops. Some internet browsing said this can come up when you're missing files, but I tried replacing them all and I've tried two different sets of disks, DVD and CD, so I honestly am not sure what it could be. I am running on windows 7, though. Anybody run into any problems like this?

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing you tackle some of this ridiculous poo poo.

A bit late, but you have to set up a pause (right click when customizing the components before installing BGT) and then install it manually (By running stup_BGT.exe or something like that). Basically the new scripting functions implemented in the absoulte last version of the mod make it pipe C\Whatever\Whatever instead of C:\Whatever as it should. Basically the : gets parsed as an advanced condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Stelas posted:

I really, really want to try playing this ridiculous megamod, but then I load up that 275-page PDF and my eyes just kind of rotate into the back of my skull as I start frothing at the mouth. I realise there's setup programs to do all this stuff, so how painful is it to get working normally?

Not that painful, it's more about the time it takes to shape up to a form you want.

Short guide to the BiG World (maybe put a link into OP):

Download the "big world setup" program from here, install all the games (make sure BG2 is in a BGII - SoA folder), update them, start a game in each one up to the first autosave, run the self-extracting program, exit the mod installer once its unpacked (new screen pops up and a bunch of other things, basically it tells you) and download this fix into the "BiG World Setup\Config\" directory.

Run the installer and decline any updates (it reverts to the last stable version), then click on the button with three dots [an ellipse?] (...) next to the choose a compilation dialog (core, recommended, standard, adventure picks, tactics and expert), this lets you pick components you want.

Here you need to right click on BGT (in big BG2 mods) and choose "pause before installing this mod". After that you pick whatever you want (do NOT choose Dark Horizons or any expert mods except for NEJ. And if you do pick NEJ (somewhat recommended, it's the icewind dale part) you need to select all components with "NEJ" in their name).

Click on continue, pick a resolution you want and let it do its thing until it stops. Then go into the "BG2 - SoA" directory and run "setup_BGT.exe". select 1 and put in your BG1 installation path and let it install. Then just choose continue in the BW setup and leave it for a couple hours. And there you go, crazy modded (or not) BG to play. And (possibly) with no individual mods downloading!

Edit: to be fair this is because you will not get the latest updates since the installer is no longer updated. I do not think it matters all that much, but keep that in mind.

Further edit: Actually I just realized I already have a cache of all the mods downloaded, so you may need to get the updated versions in the end. Not like it makes the process a whole lot different, just download whatever you need and put it into the "downloads" folder.

Ignore this, doesn't work and I suck and stuff.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 17, 2011

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

+ 5 Shar-teel

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

I just want to say that all that overpowered stuff pokie encounters is from the darkest horizons mod. I have no idea why it is included in the big world, it's not like literally everything is. (Only about half the mods as far as I can say.)

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

EllEssDee posted:

Alright. I did that and I'm running each setup in the directory now. Going through each mod pretty much and going through all the options. Didn't get nearly any of these prompts yesterday and its the same as through BG1 Tutu pretty much. Once I'm done setting up all the mods individually, then I'd run the BiG world Install batch (hotfixed) file, and I'm done, right?

Edit: A lot of them still say I don't have ToB. I don't really understand it, ran it and saved a game again just to be sure. Definitely there and in the directory.
Uhh you should not run the individual setup-XXXX exes. Like, never, unless you know REALLY well what you are doing. Just use the BiG World Install.bat, it will run them for you.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Pickled Tink posted:

It took me a week but I finally read through the entire thread.

Of all the loot I have seen thus far in the LP, that loving ring is the most overpowered thing yet. Better than anything in endgame vanilla ToB.

Modders! :argh:

To be fair that ring is probably the most overpowered item in modded BG1. Plus it -along with just about every overpowered item Vorgen has (that includes that magic bow, sword of holding, dagger of million APR, most armor and every weapon with incorrect proficiencies - the mod was never properly updated for BGT) - comes from a mod that is basically just a mess of overlevelled enemies and content. Shame because it has a fairly decent story, at least as far as mods go.

edit: the mod is called Dark Horizons. Also before the mod got intgrated into BW the ring used to be immunity to +4 and lower :psyduck: (the mod is only used in tactics installation, FWIW)

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 11, 2012

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

5x Kill Jaheira

No we don't.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

There are 4 kinds of AC in the infinity engine IIRC, some stackable and some not, but that doesn't quite explain the hand.

At a guess the +2 (actually -2) bonus to AC is a generic bonus from item revision - and probably is stackable, because surely they wouldn't gently caress it up so much (since if it were non-stackable it would overwrite bonuses from other mod items, although the big world project should fix that). And the other -2 is just a standard magical item thing. Internally the bonus to AC is inverted which is probably the source of confusion, and I would expect it works like a -4 AC protection item.

turns out I'm wrong anyway

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

The Iron Rose posted:

Yeah can we just like, maybe uninstall that mod?

Because as fun as the Big World Project is I don't really wanna see a bunch of rapey poo poo in this LP.

There's not much rapey poo poo really, the writers are pretty careful. If you try you'd get called a creep and told to gently caress off or something. The only exception is I think the imoen romance mod, and that is an "expert preset" mod because of it. Maybe one or two "romance encounters" can be a bit terrible, but you have to actively try to be a rapist rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread