Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Today I learned what chainguns and silencers actually sound like. Thanks, Thread!

I have two:

Toy Story -What's to stop Woody and Buzz from just jumping out Sid's window when they first get the chance? Buzz probably only weighs a couple ounces, and Woody's made of cloth!

Star Wars -Wouldn't it be really easy for the Death Star gunners/TIE fighters to shoot down the rebel ships during the trench run? They have to fly in a perfectly straight line, directly towards/away from the people shooting at them, with almost no room to maneuver.

I love both films with all my heart, but I have to mentally stick my fingers in my ears and go *LALALALALALALALALA* in order to enjoy those parts.

Morton Haynice has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Sep 7, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop

co199 posted:

Transverse Trajectory

That's interesting. I didn't think of that! (Can you tell I don't know a whole lot about guns?)

Pope Mobile posted:

Shields

I forgot about shields, but in my defense you never actually see them do anything. In Star Wars, ships seem to either get hit and explode, or dodge completely.

mind the walrus posted:

Plot Contrivance

Yeeeaaah, I get that there'd be no movie otherwise. I figure that kind of goes without saying in this thread. I didn't think so much about severing the character connection though. That's a good point, too.

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
Similar to all those awful "JUST SHOOT HIM!!!" moments, here's one that always bugs me:

It's the climax. The villain has the hero/hero's girlfriend at gunpoint, and he's delaying, delaying, delaying...but what's this? Something from off-screen is coming to kill the villain! The villain turns and sees it coming. His eyes widen as he realizes these are his final moments, and that the hero has beaten him. So he...drops his gun and screams for a full five seconds before whatever it was finishes him off?

You'd think most villains would be nasty enough to at least fire off a couple rounds out of spite. Most of the time they're less than five feet from their hostage!

• Locked thread