Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Z-Magic posted:

In the new Star Trek where the hell did Nero get his ship from? He was on a mining mission yet his ship has enough weaponry to take down the entire starfleet fleet (minus the enterprise). Why does a mining ship have to be so well armed?

He's from the future, and the Romulans used Borg technology or some poo poo to augment his weapons for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

...The Man from Earth..."Stop trying to be clever and mysterious, you stupid poo poo, and say it already, say that you are loving Jesus, it will not sound less retarded if you spend ten minutes foreshadowing it!"

Yeah, but he wasn't Jesus, at least not in the Son of God way. He was just some long-lived guy that people made up stories about years later. And he didn't want the religious people in the group to get offended. Of all the ridiculous things in that movie, you picked a weird one to get irritated with.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

...yet it clearly has, at best, two feet, like any other plane.

You think between the floor of the cabin and the outer skin of the plane, there's two feet? Where's the baggage go?

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Supreme Allah posted:

A page late on the Adamantium stuff but it's always bugged me that Wolverine supposedly is carrying around 50 or 100 lbs of the stuff, as in Origins when he sits on the motorcycle and the suspension bottoms out. His skeleton is LACED with Adamantium, not replaced by it. In an early Wolverine comic he even says it's only about 8 lbs worth of the stuff in his body. I know Marvel has apparently changed this canonically to where it is now adding a ton of weight, but that makes no sense. It would have to be like half an inch thick coating over every part of his skeleton to weigh that much.

So, adamantium is really heavy?

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

OdorousTobacco posted:

I think it was way too expensive to say the cigarette brand names, but it was also too expensive to come up with a credible name and advertisement for fake cigarettes. When they re-open the Quick Stop at the end of Clerks II, there's NAILS cigarettes everywhere. I think it was just a budget thing.

How could it be too expensive to come up with a fake brand? "Can I get a pack of Nails?" doesn't cost anything.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Watched The Prince of Egypt recently, and one thing I've never understood: the last plague is the Death of the Firstborn. Every male firstborn will die, right?

So how is the Pharaoh alive? Wasn't he the firstborn son, with Moses as his adopted brother? The Pharaoh's firstborn son, only son from the looks of it, dies, but he survives somehow.

"This is what the LORD says: 'About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. There will be loud wailing throughout Egypt—worse than there has ever been or ever will be again'"

HE qualifies that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I remember seeing a show where they were playing Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and somehow the screen showed that "level 10 beaten" even though THE GAME DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY DAD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFfJ4ZC1AtA

It's painful to watch.

• Locked thread