Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Is that Sly collection cross-buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
So, in the US store, the God of War Collection (which contains GOW I HD + GOW II HD) is $10, while each of those games separately cost $15 each... am I seeing this right? Is there some extra bonus you get for buying them separately or is this really as stupidly priced as it seems?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
There is a big $10 sale this weekend, it is probably the legit price.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

So, in the US store, the God of War Collection (which contains GOW I HD + GOW II HD) is $10, while each of those games separately cost $15 each... am I seeing this right? Is there some extra bonus you get for buying them separately or is this really as stupidly priced as it seems?

They've probably put the collection on sale and not put the individual games on sale. Happens all the time with DLC and stuff on Steam. For instance, Dishonored recently went on sale, and it was cheaper to buy the GOTY edition with the DLC instead of just buying the DLC by itself, because the DLC wasn't on sale.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yep that's the sale price. I'm not sure but it might be cross-buy with the vita version too as an extra bonus.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

smenj posted:

They've probably put the collection on sale and not put the individual games on sale. Happens all the time with DLC and stuff on Steam. For instance, Dishonored recently went on sale, and it was cheaper to buy the GOTY edition with the DLC instead of just buying the DLC by itself, because the DLC wasn't on sale.

Oooh, I see. I was confused for a second because I was looking on the webstore, and it wasn't displaying the "This is a special price valid from etc" message that normally accompanies a game when it's on sale.

E: Yeah, and in case anyone's wondering, it's cross-buy with Vita. I went ahead and bought it and it activated both of 'em.

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

Does anyone know how to "fix" the glitching in Red Dead Redemption? I figured restarting the system and starting a new game would probably take care of it, but the models are still swapped, and it doesn't look like I can get past "hogtie Abigail" until Abigail is no longer a zombie cougar.

Edit: It's the PSN version, so I guess I could try deleting and redownloading it, if I can find the gameshare login again.

Edit2: I downloaded the standalone version of Undead Nightmare and the models are fixed in that.

Edit3: Everything looked fine through Blackwater, but I went to other towns and all the zombies are now regular townspeople (including many with guns), all of them invisible except for their clothing. Not sure I'm going to bother playing the rest of this.

Armor-Piercing fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 23, 2014

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Dragon's Dogma recently and it us really, really good but man does it not autosave enough. While wandering around I killed a cyclops and a chimera and I lost that because a bit later I got knocked off a cliff by a falling rock and died instantly. :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dragon's Dogma has a lot of jank to it, the weird difficulty spikes that make it hardest at the start until you beat the main quest and then it gets super hard again, the lack of sensible fast travel options in a world that big, iffy AI. It really needs a sequel with that stuff ironed out.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Hit start followed by select to quick save save quickly.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

straight jerkers posted:

Hit start followed by select to quick save save quickly.

Yeah, I know. I just forget to do it because it's honestly been a while since I've played a game that forces me to manually save.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i'm playing dragons dogma right now and it took me 3 days of gaming to find out you can sprint. travelling was slow. lost like 2 hours of travelling earlier when an ogre punched 3/4th of my party off a cliff

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

i'm playing dragons dogma right now and it took me 3 days of gaming to find out you can sprint. travelling was slow. lost like 2 hours of travelling earlier when an ogre punched 3/4th of my party off a cliff

The game does tell you how to sprint in the opening, so that wasn't a problem for me.

I really do like the game and fighting big monsters is really god damned fun. I've had to fight this one Cyclops surrounded by malicious bandits three times now and the game is lucky it's been fun all three times.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I missed a lot of training messages cause they like to pop up just as you change zones or talk to someone

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I started playing Dragon's Dogma when it went free on PS+ but man that is the one time presentation has honestly got in the way for me. The thing runs at like, 10 FPS at times and then the inputs get really laggy because you're chugging along. It's a shame because you can tell there's a good game in there but I absolutely can't put up with it when there are so many good games that run decently well

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I started playing Dragon's Dogma when it went free on PS+ but man that is the one time presentation has honestly got in the way for me. The thing runs at like, 10 FPS at times and then the inputs get really laggy because you're chugging along. It's a shame because you can tell there's a good game in there but I absolutely can't put up with it when there are so many good games that run decently well

I haven't played DD yet, but I hear this everywhere. And it didn't even get a PC port? Christ. It sounds like a game that's just begging for a Definitive Edition.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah no PC port which is weird because it feels like it wasn't designed for the system it runs on, and Capcom have actually been putting out really good PC ports recently on the off chance they happen to release a game :v:

Maybe they just didn't think it was worth the effort. The DD team is working on something for PS4 that looks similar but it's going to be free to play soooo

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Out of curiosity, I'm still thinking about dumping my 360 for a PS3. From anyone using both systems, what's the 'indie'/'arcade'-style game quality/selection like on the PS3 vs. the 360.

Every time I go to the 'indie' and 'arcade' sections on the 360, the quality and variety feels sort of lacking for when I want a relatively small, polished game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Out of curiosity, I'm still thinking about dumping my 360 for a PS3. From anyone using both systems, what's the 'indie'/'arcade'-style game quality/selection like on the PS3 vs. the 360.

Every time I go to the 'indie' and 'arcade' sections on the 360, the quality and variety feels sort of lacking for when I want a relatively small, polished game.

Mostly the same but with a few notably great additions that aren't on 360 as far as I can tell.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

JediTalentAgent posted:

The PS3 has a good selection of stuff. It's mostly the same with a few exclusives (Journey, Flower) and a few things noticeably missing like Shadow Complex. However the PS3 does have a huge number of PS1 titles and some PS2 titles available for digital purchase.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

There's some 1000-2000 smaller games of varying quality available, anything from motion controlled calligraphy toys to weird PS1 classics about robot rabbits to modern multiplats like Guacamelee!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Yeah it's like the retail library kinda, mostly the same as 360 but with somewhat more and better exclusives

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Additionally I can't think of a single indie game you can't also get on PC at this point and most of those are pretty low-spec titles so you could probably substitute your 360 for PC for those few odd games that you can't get on PS3.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
edit: Nevermind

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 24, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Additionally I can't think of a single indie game you can't also get on PC at this point and most of those are pretty low-spec titles so you could probably substitute your 360 for PC for those few odd games that you can't get on PS3.

Journey is a very popular one.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I'm a fan of echochrome, which is basically a playable M. C. Escher painting. It's only available on the PS3 and PSP, although there's a sequel where you use the Move as a torch to cast a shadow of the level.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ni No Kuni just got REAL weird.

what in the loving poo poo was that entire fairy mom birth segment?????

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
So now I'm digging through my PS3 backlog - Been playing Way of the Samurai 3.

How the gently caress was anyone supposed to figure out some of these endings?

I have to say though, it's pretty fun once you know what the hell you're doing.

My favorite part? How they hid a completely worthless partner and to unlock her, you have to go apologize to cats in 4 different places. There are no hints at this.

What the bloody gently caress? Am I missing something?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RadicalR posted:

So now I'm digging through my PS3 backlog - Been playing Way of the Samurai 3.

How the gently caress was anyone supposed to figure out some of these endings?

My favorite part? How they hid a completely worthless partner and to unlock her, you have to go apologize to cats in 4 different places. There are no hints at this.

What the bloody gently caress? Am I missing something?
It's a very badly designed game. I'm told 4 is worse.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's a very badly designed game. I'm told 4 is worse.

It's not. 4 is much better because you get a timeline telling you where you can go to do things at any given time. Also it has Melinda Megamelons and Jet Jetters.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Is there anything I should know before playing Persona 4? I've never played any of these games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

titties posted:

Is there anything I should know before playing Persona 4? I've never played any of these games.
Probably don't look on the internet for info about it, because it's a murder mystery and you might accidentally learn the identity of the culprit too soon, like I did.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

Not really. It's all pretty straigh forward and while there are things you can do wrong, it's nothing too important.

It's a useless tip but it is better to play P3 first because it's a game well worth playing and some of the changes in P4 will make it harder to play P3.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Stare-Out posted:

Red Dead Redemption was one of the best games of the last generation and also had some of the best glitches. I'll never forget the moment I was watching a majestic sunset on a hill in Mexico and suddenly saw five or so mexicans fly across the sky in formation, flapping their arms like birds, their legs wrapped under their bellies.

So I shot 'em all down and watched them ragdoll to earth as god intended.

Every time I played RDR I was like 'man if only this horse were a car. this is boring'. Also, hunting. Yay, I shot something, let me skin it. OH MY GOD A WOLF (or something). GOTTA KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS ME! Ok back to skinning OH MY GOD ANOTHER WOLF <repeat 1000x>

I gave my copy away since it was so awful I couldn't bear to sell it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

titties posted:

Here's a few things to help;

• Play on Easy. It's still going to be a challenge, but not one that requires you to absolutely know the ins-and-outs of the usual SMT-style battle system. Plus it means you'll have more spare time for the Social Links.
  • Fuse your personas for something better as often as you can/want. You can just buy them back out of the compendium, but don't forget to update the entries with your current version regularly.
  • Your character's stats don't work the same as your party's. Your character's level affects your HP/SP, but your stats are entirely those of your current equipped Persona's.
  • When you fuse personas, the combined skills drawn from the "parents" (the red ones) are randomized. If you want the new persona to learn something specific, just cancel it and start over from the beginning to re-roll the drawn skills.
  • Never do Dungeon runs on a Sunday. There's a few S.Links that are only available on that day.
  • Nanako and Dojima should be your priority S.Links in the evening. You only get limited opportunities with each, so don't waste them. You'll need really high Expression to get past some gates on some of their Level-Up events though, so work on that when you can.
  • Don't pick the Music Club. The Drama Club is a far, far better choice (they're both the same S.Link Arcana, but different characters and their respective stories)
  • Attempt the Beef Bowl Challenge on rainy days occasionally. It gives you a fat boost to multiple personal stats.
  • Even if you somehow manage to utterly gently caress up your time and run out, don't panic. You'll be allowed to rewind back a week.
  • Studying on a rainy day gives you a big boost, and if you have the chance you should ask one of your S.Links if they're free to study with you. Boosts both your Knowledge, and your relationship with them.
  • It doesn't matter how soon you go rescue someone trapped in the TV world, they'll spend however long is still left afterwards "recovering". All it will change is your party members dialogue from pestering you to go save them into mentioning wanting to talk to them when they've recovered.
  • Check the fridge in your house every day. Sometimes you'll have the option to either eat something that boosts your courage, or make lunch for the following day. If you get the recipe right, you'll get a nice S.Link boost when you share it with someone.
  • Make sure you always have something with the skills Dekaja and Dekunda (ie; keep Yosuke in your party early on). One wipes stat debuffs (not effects like poison) off your party, the other wipes stat buffs off your enemies (it's absolutely necessary to keep from getting flattened by a few bosses who like to drive up their own stats).

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 25, 2014

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

abagofcheetos posted:

Ni No Kuni just got REAL weird.

what in the loving poo poo was that entire fairy mom birth segment?????

gently caress that level. That boss was hard as shiiiiiiiii

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Here's a few things to help;

[list]
[*]Play on Easy. It's still going to be a challenge, but not one that requires you to absolutely know the ins-and-outs of the usual SMT-style battle system. Plus it means you'll have more spare time for the Social Links.

Don't do this. The game is easy enough and Easy will make it boring. You don't need to "absolutely know the ins-and-outs" of the system to do well on normal.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Persona 4 was my first SMT game and I played it on normal. I'm poo poo at thinking in RPGs and tend to just brute force my way through without ever really exploiting the systems they give you. P4 normal didn't give me much trouble.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

ImpAtom posted:

Don't do this. The game is easy enough and Easy will make it boring. You don't need to "absolutely know the ins-and-outs" of the system to do well on normal.

Yeah, don't play on Easy. Unless you're only in this for the story and characters and you don't give a poo poo about the gameplay, I mean. Easy is _really_ easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

redreader posted:

Every time I played RDR I was like 'man if only this horse were a car. this is boring'. Also, hunting. Yay, I shot something, let me skin it. OH MY GOD A WOLF (or something). GOTTA KILL IT BEFORE IT KILLS ME! Ok back to skinning OH MY GOD ANOTHER WOLF <repeat 1000x>

I gave my copy away since it was so awful I couldn't bear to sell it.

Hunting's not really a big part of the game at all, I don't think you have to do much of it if you don't want to. And plenty of people would have paid for your copy since it's so widely regarded as such a good game.

• Locked thread