Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

If/when they put anything worth paying 4.17€ for up there. (I already have a PS4.)

last 12 months:

spelunky
binding of Isaac
injustice
first light
the swapper
rogue legacy
transistor
counterspy
odd world
olli olli 2
valiant hearts
guacamelee
unfinished swan
mgs GZ
rocket league
lara croft temple of osiris
stealth inc 2
super time force ultra
grow home
broken age
super meat boy
luftrausers
deadly premonition
hitman trilogy
ducktales remastered
duke nukem
prototype 2
yakuza 4
dishonoured
call of juarez
rain
killzone mercenary
geometry wars 3
la mulana ex

if this seems like a bad deal forj $50 you're a loving idiot I hope this helps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stux posted:

last 12 months:

spelunky
binding of Isaac
injustice
first light
the swapper
rogue legacy
transistor
counterspy
odd world
olli olli 2
valiant hearts
guacamelee
unfinished swan
mgs GZ
rocket league
stealth inc 2
super time force ultra
grow home
broken age
super meat boy
luftrausers
deadly premonition
hitman trilogy
ducktales remastered
duke nukem
prototype 2
yakuza 4
dishonoured
call of juarez
rain
killzone mercenary
geometry wars 3
la mulana ex

Your reading comprehension is great.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

If you weren't a complete moron you could've pointed out that Mass Effect 2 and Beyond Good & Evil are up right now, both being well worth the money, but you're a useless piece of poo poo so you brought up old games that have no bearing on the matter of is it smart to buy a PS+ sub. Right now: if you don't have the two games I mentioned, yes.

e: Actually, you can buy Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 for around 4.17€ and that's a much better deal for any adult who has a day job.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 7, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you weren't a complete moron you could've pointed out that Mass Effect 2 and Beyond Good & Evil are up right now, both being well worth the money, but you're a useless piece of poo poo so you brought up old games that have no bearing on the matter of is it smart to buy a PS+ sub. Right now: if you don't have the two games I mentioned, yes.

e: Actually, you can buy Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 for around 4.17€ and that's a much better deal for any adult who has a day job.

exceppt if u have ps+ the effective price of each title is less than a dollalr so why would u spend 4x that amount?

ps+ owns and it seems like you're a giant baby idiot. please soil your diaper elsewhere

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

If/when they put anything worth paying 4.17€ for up there. (I already have a PS4.)

Jerry Cotton posted:

If you weren't a complete moron you could've pointed out that Mass Effect 2 and Beyond Good & Evil are up right now, both being well worth the money.

lol

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stux posted:

exceppt if u have ps+ the effective price of each title is less than a dollalr so why would u spend 4x that amount?

Your math is impeccably wrong but then PS+ is for suckers :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would pay $50 a year to make sure I don't come across you in a multiplayer game so I guess subscription well spent.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Your math is impeccably wrong but then PS+ is for suckers :shrug:

72 games a year. $50 for a year sub.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i need the ps+ to play the dumb destiny with peoples so the bad free games are mostly gravy at this point

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Stux, you have the correct opinion but stop posting because you are awful and make that opinion seem incorrect.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Milkman posted:

Report back if you end up finding one. I shamefully haven't beaten it yet despite getting it at launch. It's one of those I play for 2 hours and go "oh yeah this is great" and then something new comes out and it fades back into the backlog

I actually found a bunch in a long-forgotten folder on a hard drive! There's 53 of them. They aren't all GREAT but hey. They may be all that's left on the ENTIRE INTERNET.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Stux posted:

last 12 months:

spelunky
binding of Isaac
injustice
first light
the swapper
rogue legacy
transistor
counterspy
odd world
olli olli 2
valiant hearts
guacamelee
unfinished swan
mgs GZ
rocket league
stealth inc 2
super time force ultra
grow home
broken age
super meat boy
luftrausers
deadly premonition
hitman trilogy
ducktales remastered
duke nukem
prototype 2
yakuza 4
dishonoured
call of juarez
rain
killzone mercenary
geometry wars 3
la mulana ex

I already have most of the good games there and the one's that I don't are garbage. Maybe like, 2-3 games I would actually want to play there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Austrian mook posted:

I already have most of the good games

stop buying games

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Real hurthling! posted:

stop buying games

I don't have any other way to fill the empty hole in my heart

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Entirely different issue. Patches on the 360 were, at least in the early days, required to be below 4 MB because they had to be able to be stored on the console even when no HDD was connected. At some point they lifted that restriction, but honestly it was a good one because, let's be honest, if your patches are multiple Gigabytes it means your game file layout is garbage and maybe you shouldn't have put all your assets into one big container file.

Meanwhile on current generation consoles, Until Dawn recently had a 10GB patch that didn't do anything except add an option for inverted camera control and fix some trophies that sometimes didn't pop when they were supposed to. Yeah...

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Yakuza looks fun. Is it worth starting from the bottom with 1 and 2 on PS2, or can I just jump straight into 4 since I got it from PS+ a while back?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Instant Grat posted:

Yakuza looks fun. Is it worth starting from the bottom with 1 and 2 on PS2, or can I just jump straight into 4 since I got it from PS+ a while back?

There are summary things at the beginning of 3 and 4 to give you the story. Just start with 4.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I started with 1 and I do not regret it. If you have the time and the interest it's worth seeing everything for yourself. And 2 has the best story in the series and is totally worth playing for it.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Instant Grat posted:

Speaking of, when the hell is Yakuza 5 coming out in English? Feels like a lifetime ago when they announced that.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Sometime this month, I hear rumors that it's in QA.

If any bugs are found, it'll probably be pushed until next month.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Yeah, there are already some known bugs related to displaying the English text so whether it's this month or next basically comes down to when they can fix that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is the Yakuza zombie game as good as I want it to be?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
It's a fun play, but the controls can be maddening.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Do they even make zombie games with good controls?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Is the Yakuza zombie game as good as I want it to be?
It's got a story of epic rear end-kicking but you have to accept that instead of fine aiming you'll spend most of the battles lining up for the autoaim to trigger and pressing fire.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

It's got a story of epic rear end-kicking but you have to accept that instead of fine aiming you'll spend most of the battles lining up for the autoaim to trigger and pressing fire.

Well I've been playing a lot of MGS games (on easy :can:) lately so I guess I can deal?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

RadicalR posted:

Sometime this month, I hear rumors that it's in QA.

If any bugs are found, it'll probably be pushed until next month.
Awesome.

Unrelated, but both my PS3 pads seem to be mysteriously broken, but I see there's a way to get PS4 pads working on a PS3 (sans rumble for whatever reason) so I'm tempted to just grab one of those anyway since my PS3 is rarely on any more after upgrading my PC. Anyone have much experience with this and is it fairly reliable? Wired is fine since I'll be sitting close enough to the console anyway.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Not every game works with the DS4. There's a list somewhere.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
anything that uses the analog face buttons like the Metal Gear games is out

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 4 properly (at about 5:00 as one does) and I'm impressed by the visuals but gently caress if I wouldn't rather be playing with a 360 controller.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I actually found a bunch in a long-forgotten folder on a hard drive! There's 53 of them. They aren't all GREAT but hey. They may be all that's left on the ENTIRE INTERNET.

:thx:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 4 properly (at about 5:00 as one does) and I'm impressed by the visuals but gently caress if I wouldn't rather be playing with a 360 controller.
Nah, you barely need a controller in MGS4 at all.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Question Mark Mound posted:

Awesome.

Unrelated, but both my PS3 pads seem to be mysteriously broken, but I see there's a way to get PS4 pads working on a PS3 (sans rumble for whatever reason) so I'm tempted to just grab one of those anyway since my PS3 is rarely on any more after upgrading my PC. Anyone have much experience with this and is it fairly reliable? Wired is fine since I'll be sitting close enough to the console anyway.

You can even use the DS4 wirelessly now. When I first bought one, I just got a bigass micro USB cable so I could sit across the room, but they patched in a wireless mode.

As already pointed out, it's a not 100% compatible. The PS button doesn't work at all, so you still need a DS3 around to be able to access that. There's no rumble. There's no motion sensor. Some games do not work at all (GTAV, all the Telltale games), and some games work but maybe one or two buttons may be a bit off.

I played a lot of games with the DS4 and recommend it. I had a couple of games where I had to compromise a bit (the flashlight needing the controller to be shaken in TLOU had me swapping controllers).

You can use the DS4 with your PC too, and at some point you'll probably get a PS4 for the platform exclusives. Your biggest issue is going to be the need to have at least one working DS3 just for the PS button.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Yeah I'll be using the pad almost exclusively on my PC - in fact my DS3 pads were being used pretty much entirely on my PC for the past year or two except for when I wanted to watch a Bluray, which wasn't even that often. I think Yakuza 5 is the last PS3 game I'm really looking to play and I'm not sure how often it'll be switched on after that, so I can live without rumble or motion controls. Maybe I'll pick up another DS3 whenever they're cheap (quick searches didn't show them much cheaper than a DS4, which is ridiculous!) in case I wanna go back to any old games that need motion or make good use of rumble.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I just bought Unearthed: The Trail of Ibn Battuta Episode 1 but then I realized it'll probably be a PS+ game soon :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I figured the demo would be enough to put anyone off that

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I'm still fine with how the PS3 controller feels, but the d-pad in the PS4 controller is a huge improvement. A long microUSB cable is quicker than syncing it back and forth between both consoles, though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I figured the demo would be enough to put anyone off that

"How bad can it be?" - Stabbing victim

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm actually a bit impressed. 0.75€ lovely knock-off cash-in games are a lot better than they used to be. That being said, the lighting is poo poo and the fact that the movement stick also sometimes wants to be the camera stick makes the game really clunky.

Still, better than Tomb Raider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I picked up Metal Gear Solid 4 on the "January" sale because my disc is a bit scratchy (works fine but makes hell of noises sometimes) and after installing the downloaded version I noticed I had loving lost all my loving downloadable content. That's gently caress. I mean I don't know if I would've ever listened to the podcasts but I'd like to have had that option.

• Locked thread