Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I just started Nier, anything I should keep in mind for a first time player?

I see you can buy things for a garden? and there's maps of areas? and I heard you can fish?

Also this game is really fugly at times and in serious need of AA, but perhaps coming off of Killzone 3 isn't the best comparison because that game was gorgeous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Armor-Piercing posted:

If you're not going for a platinum trophy, don't garden at all, and I wouldn't really bother fishing either. Other than that, pretty much just play and enjoy. :)

Okay! I don't really give a poo poo about trophies so that's good to know!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hrm, changing Star Ocean 4 to japanese audio fixes most of my issues with it.

Now I just need something to fix the low drop rates...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just started playing Infamous 1 and this poo poo feels like a goddamn tech demo. Choppy fps, sliding all over the place at times, awful animations, etc

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MUFFlNS posted:

You download your PS3 games and play them on a PS3 running CFW don't you? That might be why you're getting a bad framerate and stuff since I don't recall the game having those issues back when I played the retail version.

It's not all the time, just in the intro. It seems fine now. I just did the thing with zeke.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I don't understand like, the plot. So people listen to this guy with a bandana and think the hero is now a bad guy? how does that make sense?

Also a guy that's known the MC for a while suddenly is afraid of him when he's given no other cause for him to think that way? :psyduck:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Did you miss the part where the guy had footage of you with the bomb that destroyed the city, because the guy had footage of you with the bomb that destroyed the city.

IMO, DS2 is way better than the first. It loses steam at the end but the highlights of that game are incredible. To me it was almost an Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 like difference. Not quite that great but man is it good. It also has one of my favorite/least favorite enemies in any game. They're so loving annoying but any scene with them is awesome.

I've been watching these comic cutscenes but they feel rather dumb to me, like they're forcing way too much info in too short a time.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

the truth posted:

Nowadays devs are stripping content from the core game and selling it separately as DLC or a store-specific bonus.

Yes, this poo poo pisses me off like you wouldn't believe.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just noticed that Neir only shows 720p not 1080p :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

What ps3 games support dts?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how is Uncharted 1? I've never played this game before, what should I expect? I'm thinking tomb raider?

Also how long is it?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I really hate qtes and I just saw something during a cutscene in Uncharted 1, can I ignore them?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Man, I'm getting sick of the shooting in this game already. I'm trying to save some chick but they just keep throwing wave after wave. Bah.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Man, can't I just get a platformer with great graphics and no combat crap :( I don't mind combat but I just entered the fortress and the combat is not all that great.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shalinor posted:

Are you punching people?

Learning to abuse the shoot-shoot-shoot-punch combo makes the combat a lot more fun.

EDIT: VV It was ok. The reviews were middling to halfway decent. It's just that "decent" doesn't interest folks when they're staring down a new Battlefield AND a new CoD.

Yes, I find that once you get the increased speed unlock the combat becomes more fun, because you just zooooom around punching dudes out and popping back behind cover cause all these guns are lovely except a couple which you can never find enough ammo for.

Also camera angles make me want to choke something at times.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

You're having problems with poo poo in 1-1 :stare:

I did too. That loving demon thing with the blue eyes and a spear killed me like three times, and each time the enemies respawn, awwwfuck that poo poo.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Harlock posted:

So I thought I'd finally take the time to finish Final Fantasy 13. I attempt the boot the game up and keep getting this message:

"Registration of the Trophy information could not be completed. Game will now quit."

I've synced my trophies to no avail. Am I SOL? Can I never experience the Fantasy again?

You're not missing anything important.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

jabro posted:

I always thought they meant for the shares to be used for people who have multiple PS3s in their house. Who has 5? I'm surprised it took this long.

A bunch of people on neogaf are complaining and they have three!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shindragon posted:

It's GAF, they bitch about everything.

It's true. TBH the reason I like gaf is because if I don't post there and just lurk I see all these ignorant wrong things or idiocy that it just compels me to post, like someone trying to clean up GBATemp or something, a fruitless endeavor.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Okay nope I can't play uncharted 1 for long periods of time. I like the adventuring but the melee and gunplay is just poo poo. It's hard to hit anything half the time, and I can never get a square triangle square combo because i'm always interrupted when I hit triangle. I noticed in the making of that time slows down at one point in combat but I never noticed that. It's not really hard it's just tedious and repetitive. In the basic setup it feels a lot like Dark Void except with more platforming aspects and just as bad gunplay.

I might finish it but if U2 and U3 are exactly the same I can see myself ignoring this series entirely.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Uncharted 2 improves on the combat overall, and Uncharted 3 further improve on the melee. However, Uncharted 3 drops down to Uncharted 1 encounter design at times and can be frustrating. There's 3 or 4 notable encounters in the game that can be classified as "total bullshit."

Yeah I'm having a lot of those segments. Like "oh I'm supposed to shoot these locks out on this door and doing so makes the doors fall down giving me a place to jump to? wtf there was locks?" or "oh sweet I got a jetski....wait holding down forward + X is less accurate than not touching the stick except to turn?...okay.... wait I can't go fast down these places because I have to stop and shoot these barrels and people shooting at me first? The point of this is...what exactly?"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Flying Milton posted:

Boy am I glad I only paid $8 for Bulletstorm.

It's better than that pile Rage by far.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm up to chapter 13 in Uncharted 1, how much longer do I have?

I loving hate the combat.

Can I use a keyboard/mouse with this somehow? TPS games are so much more accurate with a mouse.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Honestly, if you loving hate the combat in Uncharted, just stop now. It gets better in 2, but there are still a bunch of boring combat-heavy sections and 3 goes back to being just as bad as 1.

I like the Uncharted games for a several reasons, but combat is not one of them.

It's just not fun, it's stupid.

I want to be indiana jones: tomb raider. Not indiana jones: point your ak47 at enemies until they die (also QTEs and lovely vehicle segments)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well, as you can see from that chart, all this excellent third-party publishing they have been doing hasn't really done much for their bottom line, all said and done. The little write-up there does mention that their third party game publishing and their browser games contributed most of their profits.

They're for the most part just a lumbering dinosaur, same as their competitors.

Maybe if they didn't spend a bajillion dollars on making the game, they could sell games for 30-50 bucks and people would be more receptive.

In other news, Tales of Graces F is awesome.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Spermando posted:

You can only pause if you play offline. I've finished Leon's and Jake's campaigns. The former was great, but Jake's was just too abrasive. The one thing I really hate in the game is that some boss fights and setpieces are constantly interrupted to show you redundant cutscenes.

You know I was interested in RE6 until I read this.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there any point to playing White Knight Chronicles 1 and importing your save?

Should I just skip right to 2?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is psn down for anyone else?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Well apparently I can download just fine but can't connect to psn at all.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ularg posted:

Well it seems that the developers put in jiggle physics specifically for the model viewer on the female characters in motherbase. It's kind of creepy, but in an "Well, that's Japan for you" kind of way.

It's a 3D model of something that isn't real. It doesn't really matter.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Will i have to play Drakenguard 1/2 to understand 3?

I'm not super interested in playing older games atm.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I thought i could use remote play to remotely play my ps3 games on my vita, but apparently that isn't the case. Why would I use it then?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So I picked up Red Dead Redemption, for :10bux: from Gamestop, having never played it before. as soon as I got off the train, however that happened, suddenly every couple seconds the audio was hitching but the video wasn't. I'm trying to figure out the weird controls, and how to get that rockstar club outfit, because im a fashion whore, so I walk into the saloon as instructed.

A long loading screen happens, and now I'm supposed to meet up with some random guy outside who I suppose was a guy in a cutscene that never loaded. I get on the horse and realize I'm really not liking how the horse handles, and I'm also getting kind of annoyed at how dark everything is, and how hard it is to make anything out from anything else.

Suddenly, a tooltip comes up, "hold x to match the speed of your partner when you're near!"

I do so, only to find I'm completely stationary but moving forward in 20 foot increments, like I'm jumping from football yard line to yard line without touching anything else. My partner is doing his best to keep up with me, but soon I stop to figure out how a horse can run at all, when he's in the ground up to his shoulders. My "partner" takes advantage of this to run over, or I guess I should say climb over the hitbox of my character and "fly" for a moment before landing on the ground.

I decide it's best to just continue forward. It is at this point that I realize when I press the menu buttons, the legend icons for the buttons i need to press come up, but nothing else shows up.

I'm not sure I'm very good at this game.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

titties posted:

It sounds like you are about to experience the unmitigated rapture of a YLOD. Back up your poo poo homie.

The ps3 is like...less than a month out of the box.

I'm thinking it's more related to the fact i bought this game used from gamestop.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cloks posted:

It's pretty hard to scratch a blu-ray.

You say that, but I just looked at the blu-ray and there is a hole/"i can see light through" in the label side of the disk. At least with PS2 games if that happened, the disk was hosed.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mad_Patter posted:

So this is actually not true, despite what the website states here. I no longer have access to Infamous 2. I had let my playstation plus account lapse, and then renewed and tried to access this game (which I have in my account transaction history). It turns out I cannot access it. I spoke to support and it turns out that some games are not able to be given back even though Sony says that you will have access to "all" games when you renew PS+.

Support refused to actually do anything about the fact that their website is incorrect and that this would have affected my decision to renew ps+ or not. Safe to say I won't be renewing again and others should know that what they say and what is reality are two very different things. They also don't really care that you feel ripped off because you paid for something that wasn't true.

You have to try and download it or whatever, you can cancel it. I redeemed infamous 2 and let it lapse at the time and had no issues downloading and running it later. I never downloaded it properly in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm still fuckin mad I missed that sale on tales games a few weekends ago :mad:

• Locked thread