Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
I caved and got a year of Plus. This month is just too good. Super excited for RE4 and CVX. I never got to finish 4 and barely played CVX :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Downloading the RE4 upscale or whatever now. Super pumped because I never got very far in the game originally and never bothered with the Wii version. A total steal at 10 bones with Plus in my opinion. Also picked up RE 1 and 3 for free :D

Trip report: Just played through the first couple of chapters of RE4. I'm having a blast so far and the game is as good as I remember it.

There are definite texture issues. I've noticed the shotgun and ammo boxes have some pretty ugly textures. Objects in the environment seem to be hit or miss. Stuff like leaves on the ground are pretty bad. Character models look good and the cutscenes so far have looked nice.

The biggest issue I've noticed is that the villagers' voices (outside of cutscenes) sounds....off. Like they're trying to shout at you through the humidity in the Vancouver summer. Text is fuzzy but doesn't look bad per se. It's big, maybe I'm just so used to HD Mass Effect like text. The controls are well, uh the controls. If you've come from the Wii version they'll feel like dogshit, I didn't so I can tolerate them.

Overall if you've got money to burn and nostalgia pains its not a bad buy. If you're like me and have Plus and have never played the Wii version or finished the PS2/GC/PC version then its a total must buy, although I have a feeling that demographic is pretty small.

Also there are a PSN game's worth of trophies too.

pizza valentine fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 21, 2011

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else looking forward to inFamous 2: Festival of Blood? Haven't really heard a peep about it other than vampires, $15, standalone content. I just got my inFamous 2 plat and I really have a soft spot for these games so I'm probably gonna get it although the price point is a bit of a turnoff. Undead Nightmare turned out great so if its just as fun/long I'll have no problem dropping the moolah.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

jerkstore77 posted:

With the money reference, it looks like GTA V might be set in Vegas?

Well they did do a fictionalized version in San Andreas already. I hope not, having lived here my whole life I can tell you Vegas really isn't that interesting. Outside of the strip all we have are shopping malls and track homes for days :unsmith: Also there's not even any real gangs, just lots of illegals in the northeast.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Gonna taze people till they catch fire for daaaaays. So many fond memories of the original SF. Never really played 2 or 3.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

What does that mean? Is it something in common between the PC and 360 or something?

It's what people use to make Xbox Live Arcade games, Windows phone, and other Windows OS games.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Dr Snofeld posted:

How can you tell if your PS3 is PS2 backwards compatible? Mine is a PAL fat 80gb model. I don't think it is, but the system menu has an option for virtual PS2 memory cards, so I'm not certain.

It's not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Model_comparison

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
The trailer looks really good! I hope this game has co-op again. My wife and I had a bunch of fun playing RE5 together so that would be neat.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Fists Up posted:

Is there a list of PS3 games that allow at least 6 player multiplayer all in the one room on one PS3?

Other than Sports games that is as we have them covered. PSN games are good as well.

According to co-optimus the PS3 has 3 games that allow 6+ local: Beatles Rock Band, NHL 10, and Rock Band 3. PSN only has X-Men Arcade. Not sure how up to date those lists are but I don't think I've seen very many myself.

VVV Yep, Beatles allows the 3 main instruments with 3 singers. RB3 is the same plus the keyboard.

pizza valentine fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Feb 6, 2012

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
I'm giddy at the idea of a Black 2 :allears:

Please oh please don't be MoH 2

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Note to people playing Simpsons Arcade game: Don't enter my game and then drop out. You're wasting my credits :argh:

The Simpsons Arcade game is close to unplayable online :/ That input lag is baaaaad.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

ChetReckless posted:

I thought the gameplay in Alice was mostly fine -- at least par for the course for that kind of platformer. The art direction was good, and each Chapter had a nice, distinct look. My major issue with the game was that each Chapter was at least an hour too long. The tedious things about the game would have had much less opportunity to be grating if they didn't stick around so drat long.

Definitely agreeing with this. I thought the last really good level was the card bridge, and there's still 3-4 hours to get through after that. It is worth a play through though if you're interested. Also if you have some spare points kicking around pick up the DLC. It's cheap and makes the game very very easy if you want breeze through it.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
I imagine the only people still playing Warhawk are the ones who are extremely dedicated and therefore really good at the game. IE the ones who will wreck you as soon as you step foot in a server.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Just finished Journey and wow that was really, really good. Definitely the greatest co-op experience I've had in forever. Ended up only playing with 3 different people and the 3rd guy sent me a friend's request and a really nice message :3: The fact that the game actively makes you care about someone who is totally anonymous is probably my favorite part.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
It's a PS3 exclusive that people are really excited about that was released today*. Is that not cool to discuss in this thread now? Do we go back to talking about ME3?

*For most people.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Ineffiable posted:

Zone of the Enders better get the same treatment. From what I hear, the Silent Hill HD collection by the Konami team has dropped the ball so bad, while the MGS HD collection is good, but could have been done better.

What went wrong with Silent Hill HD? The only thing I've heard bad about it is the green hyper spray achievement. I was looking forward to picking it up.

VVV Ah that's a shame.

pizza valentine fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 16, 2012

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Shenmue/Skies of Arcadia HD would be awesome. I never got to play Skies and I was in some sort of stomach flu fever dream when I played through (most) of Shenmue. I don't remember much and it was like 10 years ago. Actually the scene where Ryu grabs leaves out of the air between his fingers sticks out for some reason.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Ramadu posted:

So, I just got a ps3 and got NBA 2k12. I'm tired of the 360 since mine just red ringed for the 4th or 5th time. What games should I look into on the ps3?

- MLB: The Show series is widely regarded as the baseball franchise to play and is PS3 exclusive.

- The Uncharted series is always great, and you should totally play them all.

- Yakuza games.

- Demon Souls, the predecessor to Dark Souls.

-The God of War series are a blast to play through and all of them (even the PSP games) can be played in HD glory on the PS3 thanks to HD collections.

-Infamous and Infamous 2 and it's expansion Festival of Blood are some of my favorite games this console generation.

-Metal Gear Solid 4 and the HD collection if you like those games.

Oh and to get it out of the way, Valkyria Chronicles is everyone's favorite SRPG.

There's a lot more but that covers a wide variety of genres for you.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Krad posted:

YES, I've been saying this for a while, it's incredibly fun. The only bad part is that it's literally impossible to plat which killed any desire from me to replay it as soon as I finished it. :eng99:

Out of curiosity what makes it impossible? I glanced at the PS3 trophies forum for this game and didn't see anything. People are complaining that invasion can be really tough but not impossible.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
I forgot how ridiculous and awesome Skate glitch videos were. I could watch these for hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH6QxP1dAPg&feature=related

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Is Sniper Elite like a sequel to that Sniper: Ghost Warrior thing? There are so many loving games with Sniper as the title!

I actually picked up Sniper: Ghost Warrior at like a Blockbuster closing sale for $15 like a year ago and I still haven't played it... I should do that then try this demo.

Nope, it's a remake of 2005's Sniper Elite.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

Whoever came up with the insane challenges for some of the trophies in The Darkness II needs a loving punch in the face. This "Shoot thirteen bottles in ten seconds" is impossible loving bullshit.

Edit: I've spent over an hour on this poo poo and my blood pressure's about to go through the roof. I'm going to give myself some time to cool off but I think this poo poo has soured me on the entire loving game. Probably sending it back to Gamefly.

Haha its a good game very much worth playing. I like achievements too but I've never let one stop me from finishing a game.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
I felt overwhelmed by everything in City in the beginning but it eventually clicked and I couldn't put the game down. Seeing the 400 or so riddle challenges threw me for a loop especially since you can't do most of them early on even though they're right there in front of you. The AR training (past the grapple upgrade) seemed impossible and the side missions seemed so vast but then I started flying like a pro and getting into the story more and oh man is that game good. Too bad I'm terrible at the challenge rooms :(

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Jon Irenicus posted:

So after hearing all of this praise about Journey, is it truly worth the pricetag? I've been skeptical about buying things from the PSN, but this one might be what breaks my streak. My main concern would be getting a short game that I could beat in one sitting.

The game can (and IMO should) be completed in one sitting. The game is really, really good and there is some replay value/hidden stuff but no doubt that it is short. The experience is like no other though.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Badguy posted:

For more Saboteur fun try punching some cows to see one of the most ridiculous sights in gaming.

Hahaha thank you for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nf_kjNtXOU

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
:swoon: Tomba will be a day 1 purchase for me!

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

SamBishop posted:

Just Cause 2 was so much fun. We've been pretty lucky this gen to get some really great open world sandboxes (Saints Row 2/3, Red Faction: Guerrilla, etc.), but none of those games let you land a plane like this (uploaded directly from the game, so it maxes out at 360p, sorry):

Videos like these make me so glad I'm playing on PC. Rico needs the sunglasses mod after landings like that.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
That's a shame, I love the first 2 Max Payne games and was super excited for 3. There seems to be a trend of everyone disliking Rockstar games past a certain point. 4 clovers in GTA 4, Mexico in Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire to a lesser extent (that article claims Rockstar came in and took over creative control at some point), and now Max Payne 3 :crossarms:

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
The free games thing is really nice. Do you lose the ability to play a game you've downloaded once they rotate it out?

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
The Last Guardian is still alive apparently. It's just not ready to be talked about yet.

Patrick Klepek posted:

Getting an update on The Last Guardian at E3 this year seemed like a long shot, and the seemingly troubled Team Ico project was ultimately nowhere to be seen.

I chatted with the head of PlayStation worldwide development Shuhei Yoshida this afternoon, who remained coy on the game's status.

"Yeah, yeah," he said. "We have the team working hard, and still it's not the right time to give people an update."

Team Ico's creative leader, Fumito Ueda, left Sony earlier this year, but is reportedly still working with Sony to finish development on The Last Guardian. There have been no updates since Ueda left, leaving fans worried.

Yoshida assured me it absolutely was a project Sony intended to release eventually, though.

"It has to!" he laughed. "It will be."

Until then, we wait.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Space Marine is fun and is pretty much perfect for this PS+ deal :colbert: Play through it once, maybe check out the multiplayer, and move on.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

abagofcheetos posted:

How are the other free games they gave away? Sideway, that zombie game, Choplifter... are they any good?

I tried the zombie one but gave up shortly after FPS Doug showed up with the bandana guy as one of the main characters. I'm usually a pretty good sport about these things but had to shut it off after he said "LOL, I'm just trolling you noob. Let's pwn some zombies." From what little I played it seems like a fairly generic twin stick shooter.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Behonkiss posted:

How long is the current PS Plus lineup sticking around before they switch it out for another batch? And if I download one of those titles, will I still be able to play it after the switch so long as I'm still a member?

Yep, they're yours to keep as long as you're a subscribing member. Not sure how long they're sticking around but you can always "tag" them as purchased by clicking on them and confirming purchase, then backing out. You'll see a red shopping bag and they'll be in your download history for later.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay so...which language?

Malay mostly. IE the fist stronghold takeover for the Ular boys, Awan Cendawan nuclear plant, translates to Mushroom Cloud.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

Surlaw posted:

I actually felt that they tried to shake me off more often in the HD version than the PS2 one, can anyone else say anything about this? Did I just imagine it?

From what I recall, the HD version is actually the PAL release which is more difficult than the NA version.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer
Yes, as long as you "confirm purchase" (IE red shopping bag in lower right corner of icon) it will be in your download history forever. You don't even have to take the time fully downloading the game and deleting it.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

eightysixed posted:

If I wanted to re-play thorough the MG series in chronological order, including Peace Walker and Snake Eater, what would be the correct order?

code:
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

eightysixed posted:

I have never played LA Noire, but am really considering giving it a play thru. I can borrow it from a buddy pretty easily.

I've heard both good and bad things. What's the overall goon opinion?

A sweet tech demo that goes on way too long and the story is for naught. If you're bored and want to see what it's all about give it a play through but don't expect anything great. Also if you really want to play the DLC just grab Nicholson Electroplating.

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

eightysixed posted:

In regards to LA Noire -

Yea, that's kind of the response I was expecting :smith: How long is a play through?

20-25 hours depending on how much DLC you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

E30User posted:

Is Team Fortress 2 scene completely dead on psn now? I was thinking about getting Orange Box to get back into this. I used to play this back on xbox when it was still full of players. Is this a port that is too lovely to play even if there were players?

Not worth it at all. It's free to play on the PC now and miles ahead and can run on just about anything.

• Locked thread