Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

I said come in! posted:

Can I have a Policenauts sequel instead?

No, it should be a SNATCHER sequel! <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Code Jockey posted:

Ooo, more Persona anime?

I really, really liked Persona: Trinity Soul.

They say there's no accounting for taste, but drat, son. I'm not sure what else to say to that!

Anyways, on topic, I'm playing through The Saboteur and why have I wait so long to play this brilliant piece of work! Blowing Nazis up is awesome!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

whip posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgi96wUrkJw&t=116s

He should go for it

I'm convinced. I'm playing the Yakuza series this weekend now.

Thanks a lot, you jerks.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
I can hardly say that Killzone is a "great" game. Decent, but certainly not great.

Interesting. Apparently, I already have Yakuza 1,3,4. Just missing 2. Lovely.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
For max enjoyment, please wear headphones and play in a darken room. You'll be glad you did - or will you? (God, I sound like one of those cheesy narrator.)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
What happened to "Of The End"?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
So the House of the Dead on sale - Any good? Does it require anything extra (aside from the controller?)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

bbcisdabomb posted:

Two friends of mine went through the Wii version just Monday and had an absolute blast. I've played through three times, including on the harder Director's Cut mode, and had a blast each time. The production quality is amazing and the soundtrack is good enough I've been hoping for an OST release.

The one problem how hard it tries at body horror. Some of the songs and scenes had me gagging a bit, and I usually have a pretty stern stomach. I'm thinking mainly of "Love in the Bayou" or whatever that one song is called and the scene directly proceeding the final boss fight. If you can take Silent Hill you should be fine, but there's some pretty hosed up things going on.

Thanks guys, however the deal was over before I could pull the trigger. (godDAMNIT).
I'll just have to wait until it goes on sale again.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
^^ That's correct. Also, thanks to the jerk that suggested Dracula X. I keep getting killed on Death. :argh:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Cartoon Man posted:

Sony is shutting down online multiplayer for the following games.
(Apologies if this was posted earlier.)

•The Eye of Judgment Legend (PSP) – August 31
•MotorStorm Pacific Rift (PS3) - October 1
•MotorStorm Arctic Edge (PSP) - October 1
•SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3 (PSP) - October 1

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726223/sony-pulls-the-plug-for-online-support-for-four-titles/

Good thing that Arctic Edge and Fireteam Bravo both work on the (beta) ad-hoc plugin.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Parkingtigers posted:

Apparently, while I was wasted on cheap wine last night I spent all my store credit on PSN. Seems I really wanted to play Oddworld Abe's Oddesee again. How badly am I going to regret dropping $2.49 on Hydrophobia: Prophecy? I can only surmise that drunk me thought that at that price any game has to be a bargain.

I can't be trusted to put credit on online accounts, at some point I just splurge rather than waiting for the thing that I was actually waiting for. Self control, would be nice to have some.

It's not BAD, just slight below average. I guess 2.49 isn't a terrible price to pay.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

CowboyKid posted:

What should I play next?

I've been playing New Vegas and SSX for too long and all of the following sound pretty good:

Alpha Protocol
Deus X: HR
Just Cause 2
The Saboteur
Valkyria Chronicles
Yakuza Series (3&4)

Pick 2, not a plus member and not really interested to be.

The Saboteur and Yakuza. Don't listen to anyone else.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

I was only kidding! Listen to this guy. This person is a good person, wise and goony in his ways.

Either it was him or someone else that got me into Yakuza. drat you!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Jet Set RADIOOOOOOOOOOO! Day one purchase.

:krad:

(Stop Messing with that Radio Knob, I'm trying to get some sleep!)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Screw the tutorial. 50 combo? Really? I suck at combos and making me do a 50 combo makes me exit it and play the drat game.

But one of the trophy is completing the tutorial! FFFFFFFUUUUUUU-

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
It's just like the original, except prettier!

Doesn't help I suck at grinding. 50 combo in the tutorial?

:negative:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

blackguy32 posted:

The mission with the mob dressed up like babies is the one I remember most vividly.

Not going to lie, this is what got me playing Yakuza. Curse you, guys :argh:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Not to trash on Sony, but stuff like that is why I refuse to use my Credit Card on PSN.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Morpheus posted:

If we're going to rag on HD versions of games, then we have to talk about Silent Hill HD collection.

Now now, be fair. They did fix it up after how many patches?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

SolidRed posted:

I was one of the people who said "hey how bad can it be?" The answer is bad. I watched TRSHEs (The Real Silent Hill Experience) two hour video on it and it's amazing how badly they messed up. I wouldn't recommend watching that you tube unless you're REALLY bored. In the end I dug up my old PS2 and purchased a new copy online and it holds up well and is still unsettling to this day.

Jeez, glad I didn't get a copy then! (I still need to play them. I did beat the first SH and Shattered Memories.) Any recommendations on what to play next?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, Binary Domain is pretty competent. Yakuza 5 actually has some shooting mechanics, believe it or not, in the form of FPS snowball fights.

Say WHAT? ...

GOTY already, folks!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Let's talk about a game that came out recently! Policenauts (have I mentioned I love that game?) mentioned this game, but I just beat the first run and it's... :psyduck: but in a good way - if that makes ANY sense at all.

What game am I talking about? Black Knight Sword! Basically, you control a black knight and you murder the poo poo out of enemies. No, seriously, there's a lot of blood and gore in this game. After each stage, you learn a new skill - magic, charge attack, and perhaps a special one? You can also increase your power and health by giving hearts to a giant eyeball. :wtc:

The music isn't much to write home to, sadly - it fits the game, however and that's all I need. The artwork is fantastic - I know there's a specific term but I can't think of it. Basically, everything is on a stage - and this gets used against you in a very clever way.

The narrator, which is the main voice acting in this game, is very well suited. He's half like a reader from one of those children's show and half like an stereotypical graveyard keeper.

There is some platforming, but the controls are responsive enough that it shouldn't pose much of a problem - I did have trouble with evading when I wanted to go right.

The game also has an arcade mode which is unlocked after your first run. Right now, it's going for 9.99, which I think it's a good price.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Marogareh posted:

It's awesome but I'm stuck at stage 5 and gave up because gently caress stage 5.

Stage 5 isn't THAT bad... Can you spoil me where you're at?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Marogareh posted:

I've tried every door and I've only gotten to the chicken and spider boss before they wreck me. The long rear end way to get to them isn't helping either. I'll beat it eventually since I really like the game and want to see the end. The term you're looking for is paper puppet show.

Okay, normally I do the spider boss first (top right). He's MUCH easier than the real thing being you don't have to chase his rear end up the tree. Then I would go counter clockwise. So if memory serves me correctly, that should give you Chicken, Werewolf, and Solider. Pump as much hearts as you can into Sword Power and Life Extends. Extra lives goes up in cost every time you buy them and save the armor for the last boss. It'll give you a few freebie hits.

Oh, by the way. Don't be afraid to do the save scum trick. If you die, press start and "Return to Menu." Then Continue. Trust me, you'll want the armor for the last boss.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Alteisen posted:

Then the SO1 and 2 remakes happened and they made it worse and REALLY drove home that terrible plot twist, you could not escape from it.

Perhaps SO4 was a step up for the franchise. :smith:

So I take it's best I pretend that the SO1 and 2 remakes should be ignored and I should play the original games?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Ignore the haters, Black Knight Sword is a good game. Suggestion though, you can charge your Dark Hellbane to go farther. One more thing, the game does NOT auto-save. You must pick Save from the menu and it'll save the last checkpoint - there's no message letting you know that it succeeded but trust me, it's fine.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

The Grimace posted:

Another on board wanting a compilation of the .hack//GU series. I liked the original quadrilogy, but let's be honest: it played like rear end. GU, on the other hand, is loving marvelous. Good story and visuals, fantastic gameplay, and quite long. It's pretty much the best fake MMO ever. The fact that Bandai Namco has forgotten the series in the US never ceases to depress me.

I'm not sure why the original .hack is getting so much hate. It had a great story, kickass soundtrack, no random battles, easy to understand battle system, believable and (for the most part) un-annoying characters.

Did I miss something here?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
You say that like it's a good thing.

Edit: poo poo, new page. So how about that announcement for the 20th? That commercial left me cold. So very cold.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

homeless snail posted:

And while you're repeating that to yourself, load up this image and stare into it deeply

:stare: Please tell me this is not a real thing. Please. Oh God, it's real, isn't it?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

:wtc: I'm so mixed on this. That's so wrong and yet, I can't look away...

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

MUFFlNS posted:

Some small tidbits of random info that I think is cool.

-The PS4 will be bundled with a headset, compatible with the headset jack on the Dualshock 4.
-Developers will be able to self-publish games on the PSN (this is huge for indie developers and a great move by Sony).
-The Witcher 3 has now been confirmed for PS4.
-The PS4 won't block used games, nor will it require an internet connection.

I'm really excited to see what the launch lineup will be like. Sony has confirmed that Killzone 4 and Drive Club are launch games, and I think that Watch Dogs will be too? It will be interesting to see what other games are announced at E3, since if we see games such as Battlefield 4 announced as launch games for the next generation of consoles as well, I can see the next console generation starting with a bang as opposed to the slow start that the PS3/360 had.

Source for this?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
So in theory, I could make an european PSN account and buy a PS+ for that account even if I'm in the USA?

Guess I know what I'm doing.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Ha, I have yet to play Journey either!
Not to threadshit, but I really don't see the fasination with it.
What makes it so good?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Stelas posted:

Nope. There's wildly better RPGs on the system. Though I'm a little boggled why its name keeps coming up every couple pages, recently.

Granted it's not Ni no Kuni, but it does has it charming points. Put it this way, I would pick it over SO4.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
I've been told that ZOE2 PAL is the definitive version. Is this true?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Blarg. Not to derail this thread, but would anyone in the UK be kind enough to get me a copy of ZOE2 and forward it to me? Amazon.uk has several copies, but since I'm in the US, they won't ship me anything. PM if you can help me.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Plus, if I'm not mistaken, I believe there exist a patch that forces 50hz games to display correctly.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sort of. They generally don't work very well, or at all with some games/engines. Given how batshit weird the MGS2 engine is I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work with ZOE2.

Well, another thing I found was that I can force the PS2 chip to render PAL. Also, if I use composite cables, it should work.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

muscles like this? posted:

Replaying Sleeping Dogs because of the PS+ thing and it really seems like they cut chunks out of the game. The dating stuff feels like it was supposed to be more since when you go out for a date with Amanda there's a really confusing conversation where Wei compliments her dress and she goes on about how "this guy" bought it for her. The way the conversation goes makes it sound like Wei was the one who bought it for her but there never was a scene where you do that. There's also the Tiffany stuff where Wei gets pissed off she's sleeping around but again you never get the impression that the two were supposed to be regularly dating or anything like that. That combined with how there's no closure on Amanda or Not Ping really makes it look like there's stuff missing.

Yes, there was supposed to be more depth with the dating stuff, but it got cut out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
Best XMB music? Quantum Conundrum. :colbert:

Edit: fb

• Locked thread