Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
I wasn't sure where the correct place to ask this would be but I'm fairly sure someone has to know the answer here. I bought the god of war collection (God of War I and II) and I can't get any attacks that require mashing of the grapple (circle) button to work. This is particularly annoying as the first major boss (the hydra) requires you to mash the circle button. All that happens is that Kratos essentially holds the hydra in place with it moving a little towards him and then going back and forth until it times out and Kratos gets slammed against the mast. Am I doing something drastically wrong? The prompt for press circle button also disappears which I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen (here for instance its there for the entire sequence: http://youtu.be/IWFgh4xgi-Q?t=5m29s) Or is there a way to fix this because without it I literally can't move past this point in the game.

Edit: Never mind, just did it. Either it fixed itself or I just did a hell of a lot more button mashing.

UnquietDream fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Mar 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

Yechezkel posted:

What's the general consensus on Pixeljunk Shooter 2?

I'm playing through it now and I loathe the way the way the hunger suit works/acts/changes gameplay. Other than that I'm finding it pretty alright, although they do like to screw you over with another bunch of enimies after you've saved the scientists and got the end door open.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

Revelations suffers a lot from raised expectations, if you name you're game Revelations and the player fails to have anything really big revealed to them then they're going to be disappointed.

Yes I know that Ezio is the figure who ultimately has the revelation but that doesn't add anything new to the player

I enjoyed Revelations but finished feeling unsatisfied for that reason.

Edit: Also I hated that synch was such a big deal in Brotherhood (with one story line relying on certain synch status) and I assumed it would be the same in Revelations, then after playing missions the way they wanted and completing the game I found out how pointless it was.

UnquietDream fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 18, 2012

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

I've been replaying a fair amount of the Uncharted series recently and I have this odd urge to defile more historical/exotic sites. With that in mind, which would be the best Tomb Raider game to buy for the PS3? Or is there another third person Unchartedesk/Tomb Raideresk game that would be recommended? I probably should also clarify that I have played, completed and enjoyed Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Its my understanding that the DLC is really terrible. Mostly because it was all just side missions excised from the regular game.

Are the side missions slotted back into the game or are they only available through a weird menu option?

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

Hey, quick question about Saints Row the Third. I got a copy with ps+ and to get a copy for one of my mates. I could buy used on Amazon UK for like seven quid, but I know there used to be an online pass system. Is that system still in place? If so how much does the pass cost in the UK? I tried looking on Sony's store but couldn't see one. Very much appreciate any answers.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

You can share games you got through Plus.

Oh, so if I'm reading the sharing thread correctly. What I'd need to do is give my mate my login/password info, have him create an account on his PS3 that uses that info then he grabs the games and signs out of the account? That's fantastic.

UnquietDream fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

Ok one more query, apparently it's against the Terms of Service, has Sony been known to actually ban people for this? Most of the random internet forums that I searched had people claiming they knew someone who was banned but most of that seems related to 'Oh I talked about this loudly in playstation home and then my account was banned!'

• Locked thread