Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Robnoxious posted:

Hmm, interesting that older NFS titles allow custom music but the newest one, Most Wanted, does not. There's a Soundtrack option in the Audio menu but it does gently caress all at the moment. Maybe it'll be patched in later? I also never knew Red Dead Redemption allowed custom music either. I like the ambiance the game has all ready but maybe gunning people down to some Jerry Reed or Johnny Cash might be in order.

Also, SSX allows custom musics.

Most Wanted does indeed offer custom soundtracks on PS3. That list is not fully up to date. For Most Wanted and some other games you need to make a playlist in your XMB music section, then you can set that playlist using the in game menu. Some games have a similar function but you can just go and use a folder, for example if your music is organized by artist you could play that folder, while others require an actual playlist.

When Twisted Metal and SSX came out within a week of eachother, both supporting custom soundtracks, I made some pretty sweet playlists so I had them ready for Most Wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Alteisen posted:

Yea I rarely die in the game since I bought all the damage reduction stuff first, its just the combats boring, if its enemies on the roof I just spam shockwave till they all die, for ground stuff, I just got the thing that looks like a shotgun blast that ohko's them.

I have been doing the sidequests and grabbing as many shards as I can. I think at this point I need something like 50 or 60 to get another core.

So you choose not to make the game awesome by ignoring the ability to spam ridiculous amounts of grenades? Get the evil Cole multigrenades and cause one hell of a slowdown.

Infamous games are awesome for me when I stick to the rooftops. Rooftops are designed to provide power sources and mobility to Cole more so than the streets. It can be a workout for your fingers but you can get a lot of a fighting done while grinding and hopping from roofs and powerlines and feeling like a badass.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I didn't buy anything on last weeks holiday sale on PSN. They have just announced this weeks sale and I have too many things I wish to buy.

quote:

Duke Nukem Forever (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
Galaga Legions DX (Sale: $6.99, PS Plus: $4.90, Regular: $9.99)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational Vita (Sale: $12.49, PS Plus: $8.74, Regular: $17.99)
Journey (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
Killzone 3 Multiplayer (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
Mafia II (Sale: $13.99, PS Plus: $9.80, Regular: $19.99)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater – HD Edition PS3 (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection PS Vita (Sale: $24.49, PS Plus: $17.14, Regular: $34.99)
Mortal Kombat (Sale: $20.99, PS Plus: $14.70, Regular: $29.99)
Papo & Yo (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: $7.35, Regular: $14.99)
Retro City Rampage (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)
Retro City Rampage PS Vita (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)
Simpsons The Arcade Game (Sale: $6.99, PS Plus: $4.90, Regular: $9.99)
Starhawk (Sale: $27.99, PS Plus: $19.60, Regular: $39.99)
Unit 13 (Sale: $18.49, PS Plus: $12.94, Regular: $26.99)

Free Retro City, sure I'll take it. Mortal Kombat, yes please. I am an idiot who hasn't played Journey, think I'll fix that. Metal Gear collection is mighty tempting.

Just add Joe Danger 2 to next weeks sale and I'll be a happy clam. I imagine anyone getting a PSN card tomorrow will have some nice choices to make.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

No no, that's not what I mean. I spent the whole series brokering peace between alien races, from the most similar to increasingly more and more different ones. Finally, I started peace between the Quarians and Geth. That was the high point of the whole series for me, it showed me that I was so awesome that I could put an end to a thousand year war, and that even organics and synthetics have common ground and can coexist. And then the glowy kid came along and told me the thing I just did, not two game hours earlier, was actually impossible, and I had no option to deny it. gently caress that ending forever and ever and it retroactively makes the rest of the game bad.

You could have picked the green ending if you wanted everything to be green.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Man, Far Cry 3 would have sucked without fast travel.

This wouldn't be true if I could get some tattoos that gave me stupid vehicle skills. Tattoo that gives me nitrous plus tattoo that lets cars and ATVs clip through trees please. Tattoo for stupid good traction up hills.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Jamesman posted:

If you've never played Arkham Asylum, you can't really tell me I'm wrong when I just grabbed my copy of it and compared the two side-by-side. There is a definite, undeniable difference in the combat between the two games.

By the way, what difficulty did you play Arkham City at? Maybe the leniency for counters is much smaller on hard difficulty as opposed to easy.

Anyway, I'm starting to adjust a little more to the game, and I unlocked an upgrade which improves combat speed and reaction times after a certain multiplier, so it's feeling a bit more like Arkham Asylum now.

If you like playing super fast, those skills make Batman feel like he is tapping into the speed force. Even better, Catwoman and Nightwing are much faster than Batman if you want to just fly around crowds in the challenge rooms.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Vultures. Crytek mercifully took on the remnant of Free Radical and now they are working on Homefront 2. Yeah, that seems like a worthy endeavor for the team behind the best console shooters of the PS2 generation.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Captain Walker posted:

Wait what? Wasn't THQ responsible for Homefront in the first place, hence one of the many reasons they sank?

It doesn't make a whole lot sense. Kaos Studios closes after making it, even though I suspect it may have been a sales success even though it was critically a disaster. Who thinks that they'll takes this charmless FPS and give it to Crytek UK, which only exists because Free Radical itself put out a charmless FPS and went under (though there are some great articles explaining there is much more to that story). Crytek just bought the IP rights to Homefront from the THQ auction so they'll own the game they were previously being paid to make.

I am still bitter because I thought back when that Free Radical joining Insomniac to push Resistance the extra mile was the logical choice.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

iastudent posted:

I think Guardians of Middle Earth is the fastest a game has gone from release to free for PS+ (two months). Wonder how the player base is at this point.

If you are not counting Stacking and Awesomenauts that went straight to free for plus, despite being paid on other consoles at the same time.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I am worried. This generation didn't start off well for me, I had a handful of Sixaxis/Dualshocks break or degrade (trigger springs and sticks going limp mostly). All this stuff likely means more expensive controllers right? And more things on them to fail. If they are going to make them this complex they better get the build quality up.

^^ On Twisted Metal. I only played it for a week on release because it came out around ME3 and SSX. It had matchmaking problems then but I had a blast when it worked. The story mode is kinda lame because of the boss fights, but if you want to just zone out and blow up AI there are options to make that fun. The state of the online community is a mystery to me, if it is still active I would want to get back into it when I have free time. This game is meant to be played with very loud music and it has a pretty good soundtrack for that purpose but also supports custom. Bottom line though, the gameplay and level design is the best Twisted Metal has ever been.

Neon Knight fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 14, 2013

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

You should be able to sign up for Plus and put the stuff in your cart on the webstore, if time is a concern.

The weekly store update on the PS Blog states what Plus stuff will expire in the next week, so that can be checked if there is concern. Vanquish will probably be up for a while. Only instant game collection thing expiring next week in NA is Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, and I believe that is just a Vita game.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'm in an office and our cubicle walls would be perfect, however if the bullets didn't penetrate the material it would be infuriating. Maybe someone needs to make a cover shooter where you set up your own sweet looking holo-cover that lasts like 45 seconds. It'll feature a bald space marine and the main weapon will be an automatic rifle that is accurate at medium range.

Well, the main dude in Fuse does get a gun that can place force fields. But its pretty much a carry over from Resistance 2 Co-op.

Seriously, I don't understand this bitching over a tweak to Overstrikes aesthetic. It wouldn't matter a whole lot anyway since I get the impression Fuse isn't meant to be consumed for its story and setting. Their focus is on making a fun co-op shooter, which I welcome because Resistance 2 showed they had a lot of good ideas in that area.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I'm kind of surprised that the save both the Geth and the Quarian rating is so high. Isn't that only possible if you made certain choices in ME2?

Why do those 3 numbers add up to 100%? Both races end up destroyed in my ending, I can't be the only one.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That's not for the ending of the game, that's the ending of Rannoch.

Yeah, I let the Geth survive, so they could help me bring about their own destruction a few missions later.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

RBX posted:

Snake isn't in MGS5 that's big boss. That's why he's not voicing him this time.

He has voiced Big Boss at least twice before. It's just in that one section of MGS4 he had a different voice, he was old as gently caress and they'd have to have Hayter talking to himself.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Alteisen posted:

I'd like Infamous 1 better if it weren't for the pin point accurate AK wielding gangs in every area, I could be miles away and they'd be hitting me without fail.

They are less of a problem if you are zipping across rooftops like electric spider-man, dropping mad amounts of destruction when you catch air or grind on a power line. I know people say the powers are basically guns, but try to play like a super hero anyway. Like common Uncharted advice, don't turtle up, close the distance or circle around enemies.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
I see no harm in refraining from making GBS threads on the game for 2 more days and let the demo speak for it. I just get a little upset on people pissing on a game for what it is not or could have been before it is really clear what is good and bad about what it actually is.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Fuse gameplay is a giant Mass Effect rip off.

That is kinda what I wanted out of it. I would buy a multiplayer only Mass Effect. But ME3 seems to have more variety in characters/weapons/abilities/enemies, whereas Fuse just has the edge in non arena style missions.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

I have an offical Sony headset that I have never gotten to work since the day I bought it. I have tried automatic pairing and pairing it through the bluetooth options and nothing.It always just flashes red. Is there anything else I can try or is it safe to assume this thing was just defective in the first place.

Is that the one that comes with a stand? You may need to do the initial pair through the usb cable either through the device directly or the device into the stand which is plugged into the PS3.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

You can swallow someone else's head to get a noby noby boy with a head at each end, but can you get one with two butts?

Well you need to be able to swallow half a split Boy while you yourself are split in half if I remember correctly? (To get a two headed monster) Can your butt swallow things? Don't think so. However, you can attempt to tye the two butts together in a knot of sorts, but that is a temporary solution and its own breed of madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
Does Sony want me to buy a PS4? If they keep adding okay games I never bought to PS+ I will keep on putting off getting a PS4. I suppose they are helping me save up for it.

Having more fun with Dragons Dogma than I did with Skyrim. It doesn't ask me to take anything too seriously. I enjoy the combat. The pawns are weirdly compelling. They are said to be less than human but I am liking more than Ellie or Elizabeth so far. Knowing that I picked out someone that was created as a companion for another player, and they are actually a source of insight on where I go to do this quest because they have been there - pretty cool. I will maybe not beat it, but I'll mooch enjoyment out of it plenty. Kind of makes me want to give Dark Souls a shot, though I know they are quite different.

Binary Domain could be good. Looks more interesting than Spec Ops The Line.

• Locked thread