Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Anyone know if Bethesda fixed most of the issues plaguing the PS3 version of Fallout 3? I have the game on PC and was curious as to how well it played on the PS3. I was going to grab it on Amazon for $8, but after reading some of the things people have said about this version of the game I may reconsider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Crows Turn Off posted:

From what I hear, the original non-GOTY version is great because they actually spent a little time on the port to fix issues, and patches and stuff. Then they released the GOTY edition that includes all the DLC, but they didn't use the original PS3 version, they just straight ported it from the X360 version so it runs like rear end on the PS3. So, the answer is apparently to by the original vanilla Fallout 3, and download the DLC, instead of getting the GOTY edition.

Yea, it's the non-goty edition for. That's cool.

I said come in! posted:

The DLC introduced its own issues. If you can, buy the PC version instead, it's a lot more stable.

Yea, I've got it on PC, but I was still interested in how the console versions played. I have put well over 300 hours into it on PC and was looking for a new way to play the game.

I'm grabbing Uncharted 3 off of amazon and thought why not? It's only 8 bucks.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Crows Turn Off posted:

Have you played Uncharted 1 and 2?

Please don't play 3 until you do. :ohdear:

Not only have I played them, I just platinumed Uncharted 1 two days ago and am about to do the same to Uncharted 2. :smug:

I said come in! posted:

How did you get it for $8? :mad:

It was just up on the Amazon Warehouse.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

This Jacket Is Me posted:

I heard nothing but negative things about the first one. Am I missing something?

It's actually one of my favorite FPS games of all time. I hope they give us the ability to upgrade guns with scopes, barrels, etc.

The DLC for the game was also some of the best DLC I've ever played.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I must be missing something, but is there any way to organize your games? Maybe put them in different folders so you don't have to scroll all the way down to find the game/demo you want to play? I tried pressing triangle and messing with options but I can't seem to make new folders.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Dominic White posted:

Really looking forward to the F2P relaunch of KZ3 multiplayer. It wasn't perfect, but it was fairly fun for a while, and it probably has the best Move implementation I've seen in an FPS yet. Wonder if they've nerfed it at all? I was headshotting people with HMGs from across the map with all assists disabled last time.

Is this the reason why I always hear bad things about KZ3 multiplayer? I would think people using a move controller would get a pretty unfair advantage versus people with regular controllers.

Though I may be overestimating the accuracy of the move.

ChetReckless posted:

Get used to that feeling. Uncharted 2 has its problems, but I think "drat that was cool" is the perfect one sentence review for that game.

Yea, I just finished 2 for the 4th time yesterday and will be starting 3 soon. This is the first series that I actively went out of my way to get all the trophies.

I also was completely surprised at how much fun the multiplayer can be. At first, I thought it was just a gimmick thrown into the game, but now it's actually one of the best multiplayer games I've played on a console.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 24, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm late to the party, but I just finished Uncharted 3 to complete the series today. Has Naughty Dog said anything about continuing the series or are they going to give it to sony and work on The Last of Us?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
UnKarted?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Is there any point in starting to play Warhawk for the first time with Starhawk so close to release? Do people even still play it?

I ended up missing the PS3 boat in 2007 and never got around to playing it.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Oh, I didn't realize the beta was public. I'll have to check that out.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Neo Rasa posted:

Yakuza 3 and 4 are both excellently executed contemporary RPGs that never forget they're a video game. Both have tons of things to do to keep your occupied and lots of brutal moves to destroy chumps with. Extremely sentimental and fun.

I've always wanted to get into the Yakuza series, but I never thought they were RPGs? I may have to look further into them if that's the case.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

SpacePig posted:

There's leveling, unlockable moves, equippable weapons and armor, stat-altering items, fetch quests, and side missions. They're always miscast as "Japan's answer to GTA" when, in reality, it's and JRPG with a Brawler's combat system.

Great, with Yakuza 3 and 4 now on my list of games I need to play, that puts me at over 48 titles.

I'm years behind on my PS3. :negative:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I just saw that Yakuza 4 was 18 bucks on amazon. It's even cheaper than 3.

As long as I'm not going to miss anything important by skipping 4 I guess I should just grab it.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
How bad are the frame drops for ME3? I've been hearing anywhere from "it's not that bad" to "this poo poo is unplayable". I'm actually considering grabbing ME3 for PS3 since most of my friends play on consoles these days, but I don't want to torment myself too much.

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 7, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I've been playing Enslaved this week and am surprised at how good the game is. Not only does it look absolutely gorgeous, but the combat is much better than I expected and the voice acting is terrific. I was really disappointed in finding out they won't be making a sequel since it apparently sold too few copies.

Best 8 bucks I ever spent.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/15/the-ratchet-clank-collection-going-1080p-on-ps3-multiplayer-included/

Now this is a HD collection I've been wating for! Awesome!

Now this is some fantastic news. I always wanted to go back and replay the original series on PS2 but never got a chance.

Why can't all HD collections be in 1080p? :(

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
So with Shenmue getting an HD remake on PSN, is there any more word to the rumor that Skies of Arcadia might be getting one too?

Cardboard Fox fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 16, 2012

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah seriously what? Honestly I suspect that Sony won't even be in the home console market for the next generation, that's how little I know about a supposed PS4.

How bad is their video game division doing? Last I heard they made a decent profit in Q4 of 2010 but I can't find anymore recent info. Their stock is sitting at ~20.00, but I can't seem to find the revenue for the game division.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

I said come in! posted:

What should I wait for Uncharted 3 to drop down in price in, for a used copy? I really want to get it, but I don't care about the multiplayer. I'm seeing it for around $30 now though, and that seems pretty reasonable, but i'm not entirely sure?

I got mine for $50 new so $30 seems to be a great deal, especially if you have no interest in the online pass.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

DangerKat posted:

Is it worth buying the GOTY version of Uncharted 2 or is the multiplayer pretty dead since Uncharted 3 came out?

I was playing the mulitplayer of 2 last month just fine. As long as you don't mind playing mostly deathmatch, you should be able to find plenty of people.

e:That's the base game though. I have the DLC map packs and have never been able to find a game with those.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

skinny white boy posted:

So I'm going through Uncharted for the first time and do these enemies ever stop coming? This is so aggravating. I get a brief moment of wandering around this island and then enemies are swarming me from every direction.

How much climbing do I get to do after the jetski part? Or more importantly, how much more shooting do I have to do after that?

How far am I into this game, why won't this shooting crap end.

Shooting bad guys and climbing poo poo is the basis of the game. If you're not having fun with those then I don't know why you're playing the series.

There are a few points that have a lot more enemies, but it never really felt too bad since I enjoyed the gunplay of the games quite a bit. They're the first 3 games I actually got platinum trophies for and I loved every minute of it.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Taratang posted:

Is Uncharted 3 multiplayer still active? I'm renting it at the moment and would rather not buy the online pass for nothing more than a single trophy.

Yes, I had no problems finding games a few weeks ago.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I'm also replaying Bioshock again, only this time on Survival difficulty. It really makes the gameplay fit the tense atmosphere.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Cbouncerrun posted:

Unfortunately it's still not all that hard, even if you do it with Vita Chambers off.

It was quite hard in the beginning, but once you start taking a lot of pictures and finding anti-personal rounds, the splicers become more annoying than difficult. I'm still dying a lot though, a lot more than when I played it on normal.

Big Daddies can be difficult if you don't cheese them with Hypnotize or Security Bullseye.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Yechezkel posted:

How about Persona 3 FES? It's coming out as a downloadable PS2 Classic next week in the Playstation Store.

This is fantastic news. Now if we can only get Atlus to do HD remakes of their entire SMT PS2 collection. I would give them all of my money.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

I said come in! posted:

Aww come on, what the gently caress Epic Games? Bulletstorm 2 canceled :qq: Bulletstorm was easily the best FPS in a real long time, but I guess it didn't sell well at all.

I thought it sold over a million across all platforms. Is that no longer enough in today's industry? Bulletstorm was a great game, but I doubt it took a lot of money to make.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

MUFFlNS posted:

Anybody who isn't playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer is really missing out. The competitive and co-op modes are freakin' awesome and all of the DLC is fantastic :D The game as it stands right now is basically perfect, and if you're one of the fools who writes off Uncharted as a singleplayer-only experience, take the drat game online! It's easily one of the best multiplayer games on any console right now.

Just been playing on the newest DLC maps and they're AWESOME :D

I really liked 2's multiplayer but couldn't really get into 3. I would try it again if I wasn't already playing multiple games.

The week I actually played 3 I was getting destroyed left and right. Kind of ruined the experience for me since I actually got quite good at 2.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I always forget whether the US PS store updates on Tuesday or Wednesday. Regardless, any chance we'll get a Darksiders II Demo this week?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I was just looking at the November PS+ free games that were available. Did the EU guys really get both Arkham City and Vanquish in 1 month? That's crazy lucky.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Sleeping Dogs was easily my GOTY, but that was before Dishonored came out. Now they're both tied.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Does anyone have a list of all the US Playstation+ free games that were ever offered from the start of the program? I cannot for the life of me find it on google.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Housh posted:

Mortal Kombat looks tempting.

I think so too, but EU just got it for free and I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get it here in the states for free as well.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

precision posted:

Unfortunately I bet the netcode is still atrocious. :(

No problem for me as I will struggle to beat the AI on easy for years. :smugdog:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
How is the frame rate in the release version of Dragon's Dogma? I really loved the demo, but it was like a slideshow most of the time. Have patches improved the performance in a substantial way?

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
A great thing has happened today:

Sony finally launched their PSN store that you can use through a browser:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/24/introducing-the-new-sony-entertainment-network-online-store/

I can finally buy games from PSN on my home/work computer. And you can now use Paypal with it.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Am I losing my mind or does Assassin's Creed 2 have a lot of screen tearing? I'm playing through the game now on PS3 and I feel like there is something off about how it plays.

Since I'm going to be playing through the whole series on PS3, I was wondering if it gets better/worse in the remaining games.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Is there a reason why PS+ is broken up into regions? Seems like it would be much better and easier to manage if it was global.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I just hope Sly sells. Then maybe Sony could could give us a new platformer series on PS4 that would remind everyone of Crash and Spyro.

It turns out the original Crash Bandicoot sold 6.8 million copies. That's pretty nuts, and makes me wonder what the hell happened to platformers.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

I have horrible taste, but that looks pretty cool. They just need to add the Sega Saturn D-Pad so I never have to buy a new controller when playing fighting games.

Also, what is that thing in the middle(below the touchscreen) that looks like a speaker? Possibly a built in mic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Rinkles posted:

New controller leak!

This looks far more consumer ready.

e:It might actually be the same prototype model, but for whatever reason to me it looks much better from this angle.

I think this looks cool as hell. Hopefully we'll get a 360 view of the controller to see how the triggers look.

• Locked thread