Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Looks good. Here's to another 900+ pages of awesome. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Good thing I signed up for a year of PS+ when that GoW Origins demo came out. :)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Well I just found a gamebreaking glitch in No More Heroes. During Dark Star's motorcycle sequence, I hit a box, and instead of spazzing out of control for a second and then regaining it, I completely fell off the bike and was forced to go into combat mode with my katana, similar to what happens in Bad Girl's stage.

I ran along and got hit by one of the enemy biker's flame attacks, and that instantly spawned me back on the bike, turned in the opposite direction and stuck in a never-ending "Oh God i'm on fire" animation.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

Your avatar somehow is incredibly appropriate for this.

I realized that after you said it. Ghost Rider - Good for any occasion!

In other news:

Platinum trophy number six. No More Heroes was no match for me. :rock:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Sorry for the double post, but this is just getting ridiculous now. Final Fantasy XIII-3? Really Square?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/09/square-enix-planning-ahead-for-final-fantasy-xiii-3.aspx

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Harlock posted:

Maybe Sanders can illuminate, but I think Lightning is the most popular FF character in Japan (maybe since Cloud)?

Oh there's a shock. Cloud with boobs is popular in Japan.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Speaking of getting codes off of e-bay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/God-War-III-Rare-Exclusive-Deimos-Skin-PS3-/120742210560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1ccbec00

Why is this 60 dollars? Who the gently caress actually bought this at 60 dollars?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So, here's out first view of Dynasty Warriors: One Piece

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EC posted:

That's good to hear, since Gamefly chose to send it to me yesterday. Anybody know about how long the game are? I remember playing 10 minutes of the first PSP game at one point, and liking it.

Pretty sure they average the same length as the other God of War titles.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-dai-2-ji-super/720926

Super Robot Wars on PS3. Looks cool. I love the crisp graphics.

Edit: Resident Evil 6 trailer...and according to my friend who looked up the coordinates in the trailer, it's in Canada!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKx_C1RNvCk

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 16, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Policenaut posted:

It's been out a couple weeks now in Japan as BIOHAZARD Revival Selection and it appears that the RE4 HD update is just an HD asset update, no Move.

Well, there goes my hype for the game, and the last possible use I had for the move.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I know a lot of people hate Kratos because of his "I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!" attitude, but if you actually look at how badly this guy has been screwed over in Chains of Olympus, GoW1, and Ghost of Sparta, I think his anger is pretty justified by the time you get to 2 and 3.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

axleblaze posted:

What???? They didn't changing the loving dodge o the stick? How loving lazy are they? I mean the shoulders worked well enough on the PSP version because they had no other choice but come one! How hard would it have been to change it?

They did change the dodging to the stick. I think he was referring to the PSP version.

Edit: I can vouch for the demo at least, that they added the stick dodging and left the PSP dodging in as well.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 17, 2011

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MUFFlNS posted:

I hope the HD rereleases aren't seperate games for PS+ subscribers only because all I want is MGS3 and SOTC :(

Well, if the God of War collections are any guide, then sorry. :(

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zomodok posted:

Are there any other-type of values on games that I've missed since April 2007? Other than the greatest hits line of course.

You could grab all five God of War games. God of War III is only 20 dollars now, and there's two HD collections from the PS2 and PSP titles.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ein Bear posted:

Working my way through GoW Collection vol 2 at the minute, finishing up my hard run on CoO for the Platinum before I start GoS. They've done a seriously good job porting these over - I can't get over how good it all looks. Sometimes I wish we were a generation behind graphically, just so everything would run at 1080p/60fps.

Dammit, I need this game already. Stupid Amazon taking their sweet rear end time to send it to me of course. :argh:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Shindragon posted:

Then I think about 2 and how much of an rear end in a top hat Kratos was with no reason..

Someone clearly hasn't played Chains of Olympus, GoW1, or Ghost of Sparta...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

No, he's still pretty much a dick there too. Chains of Olympus tries to make him sympathetic without pointing out that he was a warmongering rear end in a top hat and that was the direct cause of him killing his own daughter.

My point was that Kratos had plenty of reason to be pissed off in GoW2 when the prior three games chronologically he has been hosed over multiple times.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Why does Santa Monica intentionally put things in their games that they know people are going to cheat to get? Like i'm actually going to grind for half a million red orbs in Ghost of Sparta to get all the unlockables.

Thank God for turbo controllers and tape. :kratos:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fuzz posted:

Wait that's out?

gently caress.

That's what I get for not reading this thread for like 3 weeks.

You don't take games seriously at all, and you ruin your own fun. :v:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Jamesman posted:

Would I be alone in saying Super Stardust HD is a pretty frustrating game, and not in a fun way? The trophies are bullshit and the game has too much poo poo going on that you can't follow it all and holy gently caress does it tire my eyes out.

That 10x multiplier trophy is the bane of my existence.

"9x multiplier, so close come on come on coNOOOOO YOU loving BULLET!!!"

In other news, i'm playing through FFXIII for the first time. About eight hours in, and someone please tell me otherwise, cause Jesus Christ, God of War is more open ended than this game.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

qbert posted:

Anyone going for the all fruit/lizard trophies in Shadow of the Colossus, I recommend you save OFTEN. I had to restart the game twice because of various disappearing lizard/fruit glitches.

This probably happened in the PS2 version as well, but back then I probably just shrugged it off and moved on. Now every time it happens it makes me want to pull my hair out.

You think they would have fixed that. I could understand it on PS2 since the system nearly killed itself just trying to run SotC, but that's inexcusable now.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
It's Leon in Canada for RE6. I don't care if Capcom said it's fake. I still want to believe. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I can finally be the God Hand. gently caress YES!!!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FZeroRacer posted:

I can't wait to replay God Hand. This is the best news.

It also gives me even more hope for Gene being in UMVC3.

Oh goddammit, now you have me hoping that Megaman X8 will show up on PSN as a "sign" of X being in UMVC3.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

EC posted:

It's too bad Okami isn't on that list. :(

If God Hand made it on the list, you can almost guarantee the other clover games will show up sooner or later.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ImpAtom posted:

I own all those games and I'm considering purchasing them again. I am a bad person.

You enjoy that Ball Buster. Nothing about that makes you a bad person.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Playing God Hand for the first time, and I have to say, it's not nearly as hard as IGN made it out to be and they can officially go gently caress themselves, cause this is not a 3/10 game.

Granted, i'm still getting my rear end kicked a lot, but it's fun. Still trying to figure out what would make for a solid combo though.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Armor-Piercing posted:

The Uncharted games have in-game equivalents of their trophies that give you unlock points or something, don't they?

Yes, and you can use those points to buy all the guns so you can use them at any time, alternate skins, cheats, and even different game filters cause Naughty Dog are awesome trolls and have a brown filter for shits and giggles.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So for anyone not really keeping up with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, there's a new mode which is basically the Vs. Capcom equivalent of Smash Bros. items.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3k5WcicY_0

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
gently caress you Koei. I get to the last mission in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. One mission away from the platinum trophy, and what am I rewarded with for all my efforts slogging through all this game's tedious trophies? A total pile of bullshit. Half a dozen ace pilots that can teleport from nowhere and kill me in two hits even with a maxed out pilot and the best Gundam in the game.

I have a limit to how much bullshit i'll endure for a platinum trophy, and this game broke it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Why isn't there a FFIX HD? THEN Square would be forgiven. :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rankine Over Gash posted:

Thanks for your reply, but this has stumped me. It IS late here in Blighty, but I don't follow. A quick google reveals that we are, indeed, oceans apart.

So, what do you reckon, would my boredom with the Wii be reflected in a PS3 Move deal? Is it essentially the same thing?

If you got bored with the Wii controls, the Move isn't gonna do you many favors. Don't bother with it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

J posted:

No items.

Drake only.

Final destination equivalent.

If you're not using Kratos you're doing it wrong. :colbert:

Satisfactory alternative: Ratchet & Clank and his final smash is the groov-a-tron.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Aphrodite posted:

Sony doesn't have enough cartoony or realistic guys to pull it off, I think. It has to be one or the other. Mixing both would just be weird.

Capcom has no problem doing both for the Vs series. Why should Sony care?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Danthrax posted:

It's certainly jerky, but I kinda like the imprecision. You're not a super-soldier, you're John McClane from Die Hard. You miss some shots, you get beat up a little but eventually you win. I've been using hip-fire, blind fire from cover, and punching/headbutting dudes and having a blast. Throwing back grenades is also pretty sweet, and the stealth attacks are incredibly useful.

Nathan Drake not being a super-soldier is not a justifiable reason for bad aiming, and i'm not even going to get into Drake's kill count. He's essentially a lovable Kratos at this point.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

GUI posted:

I wish the series would stop being a graphics showcase and just drop all pretense of realism and babbys first puzzle/platforming game and become a more polished version of Dead to Rights: Retribution.

So you want the Uncharted series to look graphically ugly and instead of being realistic you want Drake to have a dog that rips guy's balls off and takes down helicopters?

Why are you even playing the games?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

...! posted:

OK, I've about loving had it with Arkham City and its "Advanced Training" mission. These things require loving nanosecond response times that are loving impossible for a human to do. :mad:

Nice to know that i've evolved beyond you mere humans then. :smug:

Which one are you having trouble with specifically?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Moon Monster posted:

The AR training missions in Arkham City are funny because the game would be better off without them, even if nothing had replaced them. Whoever made them spent time and money to make the game worse.

Oh come on, they're not that bad. If anything, the sections where you're required to use the remote batarang to proceed were worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Speedball posted:

God Hand is so strange. Its flaws are so glaring and yet I can't not have fun with it anyway as I perfect how to beat the crap out of guys.

It's really a game that needed a sequel or at least a spiritual successor. If they fine tuned and fixed some things you could have a really solid game.

• Locked thread