Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

drat can I just say PSN+ is great. I am currently (very slowly) installing Vanquish and downloading 5 other games. This loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Just for future reference, pause downloads while installing something, if you have both things going on at the same time, the installing process takes like twice as long. But yeah, PS+ owns.

That's good to know although just as I had posted that the thing zoomed to 95% so I don't know what was up with that.

I'm getting used to the CELL B.E. EXPERIENCE although the triggers feel reaaaaalllly weird. I can see why Uncharted has the aim-fire buttons on top.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Where did the PSN thread go (not the sharing thread)? Was there a PSN thread? Am I going mental? :tinfoil:

You mean this thing? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3509452

Also if anyone wants to pad out their friends list you can add a lonely Euro goon - grandediabolik

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

qbert posted:

How would they do this exactly? Are there new 150gb discs for the PS4?

4 layer Bluray is 128 GB.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Well Uncharted 3 has separate movies for 3D, which basically double the disc space taken up by the cutscenes, but that is only because they don't use real-time cutscenes but pre-rendered in-engine videos.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Feenix posted:

How does one dance?

Truly a question for the ages...

It's R2.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Does Lara kill less people than Drake?

"Your conscience will remain unscathed" shoots, punches and blows up 900 men.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Guess I'll pick it up after I've sold some older games.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Hi are there any racers like Project Gotham Racing on the PS3?

There's Gran Turismo and Motorstorm and the multi-platform stuff like NFS and GRID and DIRT but I already got those (well not Most Wanted). It seems like the PS doesn't actually have that many racing games or am I blind?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Glad to see the Eurovision announcement has brought Bonnie Tyler back to the limelight.

I wish games would stop making me fall on my rear end all the time, though.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Doesn't CoD/etc. only run at 640 or something similarly old seeming on 360/PS3?

The numbered ones are 1024x600. Black Ops did 960x544 :stare:

So yeah, 720p with a bit better quality FXAA is fine.

E - poo poo.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I wouldn't mind 30 fps if that meant the game is locked to 30 not "Sure, we do 30 (when nothing is going on)". I also don't like when they don't have limiters so a game goes from 30 to 60 to 40, all in 10 seconds. Constant 60 or constant 30. That's it.

:goonsay:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Wow. Okami looks gorgeous. And there's a bark button :3:

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I agree with all that and I can't stop playing. Could this be a case of demonic possession?

E - Is the "reminding a thing that happened a minute ago and then again and then once more just before I finish the puzzle" a one-time thing? I sure hope so.

Sprat Sandwich fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 3, 2013

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Looks pretty good. I never played Tools of Destruction but A Crack in Time is great fun and I'm guessing they are quite similar. Killzone 2 is not that good, to be honest - it's dark, blurry and you move like you're in a bog all the time. 3 is much better.

If you join PS+ you get Infamous 2 out of that and Okami HD and LittleBigPlanet 2 and uhh... Motorstorm Apocalypse but let's not talk about that.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

proka posted:

Chalk me up as another one who gave up on Okami HD due to how annoying I found the gibberish. I played for about four hours, but found it too painful :(

It's not that bad, I mean you can speed the dialog up quite a bit.

Plus the game is fantastic, maybe a bit too long, but you're all really missing out. Also helps with your Zelda fix.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Sylphid posted:

In any case, might be a tad weaker game overall than UC2 because of the (somewhat slow) first half, but the last half is incredibly fun and a wild ride. Iram is always a hell of a sight, just like Shangri-La in UC2. One of the biggest draws I think is just how much the scenery changes in Uncharted games. There's never an environment you're looking at for too long, and this series has definitely perfected "Video Game as Blockbuster", that's so elusive.

UC3 feels like they were running out of time. The shooting didn't feel as good (although I think the games don't have very good shooting in general), it's missing the unlockable store, the treasures feel kinda weird. It's still a good game but nothing on the level of UC2.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Too bad they worked the moral thing so closely into the world view of the game (even the title), because I could totally do without it for the next game, if there is one. Other than Bioware over in their weird little Bioware world, that concept seems to be mostly passe these days, which is good, because it's dumb and awful. Biosock Infinite didn't have it, for example.

There is a sequel coming as a PS4 launch title. Not Cole but some other guy, though.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Asnorban posted:

You can cheese this really easily in the Gopher. Just loop forever at the slowest speed.

Especially at night.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Sleeping Dogs' racing missions are nothing compared to some of the retarded poo poo in the GTA games.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand lets you click the right stick to violently swear at people. You get bonuses for swearing during combat. You buy upgrades to your swearing over the course of the game.

:allears:

POP OFF BITCH

Blood on the Sand GOTY.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I'm never going to delete Shadow of the Colossus because the XMB menu music is literally the greatest video game track ever made.

TAAAAADAH TAAAAADAH TATATADADATADAT DATAT

TAAAADAAADAAAAAADAADAAAADAADAAAAAADAAA

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

"A Crack in Time" is one of the best games I've played, the newer ones are sadly poo poo.

Speaking of Insomniac - I haven't played the Resistance games, I've heard they are not bad but haven't aged well? Worth checking out?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

drat, I already have way too many games to pick up three new ones. The Half-Life 2 comparisons sound pretty good - will I be in trouble if I only get Resistance 3?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Alright.

I bought a used game. All this always online DRM disc checks jibbajabba - because of me.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I'm going through Demon's Souls for the first time (thanks PS+) and the heart-pounding is back. So far I've killed a slimy (I fell off some stairs so that's not changed), a big knight (he fell on me) and a rocking spider (didn't die in the whole level holy moly) and it's been pretty smooth sailing (loving dogs) - all that Dark Soulsing has helped. But… I helped this guy with a sweet shield, Ostrava I think, and I can't find him anywhere.

Oh and half health while hollow? Sheeeit…

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You get a ring really early on that gives you 75% health while hollow. It's practically required since you'll almost always be hollow.

Heh, I picked that up without realising what it does. Yay?

Stelas posted:

He's sneaky, and sits on the beam that runs across the central area. Do some tightrope walking from one of the Archstones.

There's no-one there man.

Umbasa.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I killed all the guys around where he was, he gave me a telescope and started walking back and forth. I guess I'll go check it out again.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

azren posted:

You need to help him again in 1-2; he's in a tunnel under the bridge. He might leave after the Tower Knight, though, I'm not sure.

I went through there end-to-end before the boss and the only one down there was the merchant. And a buttload of dogs.

Oh so according to the wiki if you help him but die before killing the boss he gets killed by the crazy people. Thanks Form.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Chard posted:

Don't worry too much about him, he's fairly useless. You can even get his nifty weapons later. Try to save him on another play through, Souls games are best blind as I'm sure you know.

Alright and yes, I'm going blind. I just killed the proto-Pinwheel who was actually kinda threatening thanks to the stun things (I died).

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Where did this idea that looking up info on Demon's Souls come from? When I played it way back then the idea was it was okay to use a guide when you needed it. It's one of those games where a guide doesn't really make it that much easier, so I don't really see why it's now looked down upon.

Coming late to Demon's Souls personally I think that looking at a guide is not that cool, but when I got Dark Souls on release date the thread was a pretty sweet place to be - people sharing little snippets of what they've found, strategies, secrets but not everything at once. Everyone just going 'yo look what I found' 'whoa cool' 'that dang tree!?'. Does that make sense?

Also I ate all the weed. Gotta farm for more weed.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

What you described is pretty much the only reason why I pay a premium to buy games at launch. It's a social thing.

True, but it also takes a certain kind of game (kinda leaning towards RPGs?) to pull it off properly. I mean games like Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed or whatever don't really benefit (although there's finding the most broken unlocks I guess).

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

They probably just don't want to bother making the games/apps work without the speaker/touchscreen stuff.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Harlock posted:

With how big the Uncharted games are, I feel like The Last of Us is going to be gigantic

According to the store it's a 24 gig download. Not bad at all.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Don't play Uncharted games on crushing it's not worth it.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

But..but..but the platinum trophies. :shepicide:

Hey man… don't let those things like rule your life.

Just play some video games.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Robhol posted:

I'm pretty sure it does. I have automatic updates on, and when I turned on my console this morning, it told me it had installed the update.

It should just download it and then on startup notify you that "hey I downloaded a firmware update do you want to install it?" to which you can agree or not. Game updates it installs automatically, though, like the GT5 update I got today.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Don't the updates have different version numbers in different regions? I'm pretty sure the update last night was 4.41 in Europe, where I am.

Unless this issue doesn't concern Europeans at all?

4.41 has been out in Europe since April.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Well that's strange. I'm sure it was automatically installed just last night.

Well then I guess your console, for some reason, didn't update when 4.41 was originally released but did yesterday, maybe something to do with 4.45 being released and pulled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Hi I just got NFS Most Wanted and I'm looking for some Autolog buddies, maybe even for billboard etc. comparisons.

PSN grandediabolik

Strictly no touching.

• Locked thread