Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Crossposting from another thread:

VisAbsoluta posted:

Is the Splinter Cell Collection really that terrible mess? It was probably one of my most anticipated releases of the year, gently caress that noise :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

At some point we had a thread for the Playstation 3 release of Mass Effect 2, didn't we? I can't seem to find it, does anyone have the link?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Discount Viscount posted:

This is hilarious.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

How difficult are Mega Man 9 and 10? Also, which one is "less hard"? I'm thinking of grabbing them, but I would like to pick the easiest one first.

Lastly, I realize Outland and Bionic Commando: Rearmed are two very different games, but overall, is one of them better than the other?

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 4, 2012

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

axleblaze posted:

Speaking of PSN, there's a huge sale on Pixeljunk games today.

Thank you very much for the heads-up, got Eden, Monsters & Shooter!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Mechanigma posted:

Personally I think Eden is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played, but I guess you can't go wrong for a dollar.

Could you elaborate on that?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

[...] and it feels like I'm supposed to care because MANLY instead of because the plot being actually engaging.

If that's not enough for you, I have bad news, son. :colbert:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Behonkiss posted:

Also, I started a side mission with a guy at the loan office who screwed up three tests I gave him and then was assigned to another part of the city that I'm supposed to check, but I forgot which part it was and can't find any hints in the game or on GameFAQs. Where should I go to wrap that bit up?

Sorry for not being precise, I don't remember exactly, but I think you can see where you are supposed to go by looking at that specific quest in that menu that lists all sidequests pressing start, hitting the "substories" tab and selecting that specific sidequest you are trying to complete.

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 14, 2012

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The mission you guys are talking about is this one, if I remember correctly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXJr-sRcohc#t=1m47s

I absolutely loved those games as a kid, the way you could run, lock aim, dodge and shoot at the same time made the gameplay pretty good.

My favorite level from the whole series was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wySc13mDiQM

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 16, 2012

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

What about the Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare that they sell on the PSN store, does it need the original game or is it standalone?

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Payndz posted:

Mercenaries is the drooling vomit-stained hobo to Just Cause's George Clooney. They're similar on a basic level, but the latter is so much better presented. (I started replaying Mercs 2 tonight, and god, it's so clunky and unrefined in comparison to JC2 that it feels like a previous-generation title.)

Except that Mercenaries 2 is horrible, while the first one is the best sandbox game ever made and Just Cause 2 doesn't even begin to compare. :colbert:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Shalinor posted:

EDIT: Also also, Dragon's Dogma looks awesome, and I have this rule about buying no more than 1 game a month. A rule I only let myself break by being flat out done with a game and trading it back in.

You should give us a lecture in the Steam Anonymous thread :suicide:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Do we have anything on the NA release of Deadly Premonition for PS3? I remember reading an article some time ago, they even said that it might have some new content, but nothing else. It is my most anticipated release of (possibly) 2012, if it is truly coming.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

axleblaze posted:

I thought that they were also improving the gameplay and graphics but I don't remember if I actually read that in an article or if it was just the pipe dream of some goon.

Yes, my post was ambiguous, I meant "nothing else" as in "no other news about the re-release".

Thanks, Policenaut, I'm excited for finally playing it! :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Crossposting from the Saints Row The Third thread, since nobody answered me:

How does SR3 run in the PS3?

I have the PC version with lots of DLCs and was eager to replay it, but suddenly the game started running with pretty unstable framerates here, so I'm contemplating getting a PS3 copy.

• Locked thread