Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Syphon Filter was all about "there is a giant glass window/dome/ceiling in your way, might as well smash through it with an FMV."

God that ruled. I don't remember the sequels being any good though, and some of those levels were impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I picked up RDR about a month ago as well and haven't been able to put it down. That GOTY package at either of those prices is too good to pass up.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Temascos posted:

Having just platinumed Infamous 2, I'm doing a backlog of games I could feasably plat before my next purchase: MGS4, Bioshock (Did the I choose The Impossible, but missed some documents), and maybe the Mega Drive Collection.

Now I'm planning ahead, I'm thinking of getting either:

* Ico Collection
* Yakuza 4
* Sly Cooper Collection
* Dark Souls (When the Prepare To Die Edition comes out in late October)

Since I only have so much money and time I'll be going through one game fully at a time before moving onto the next, by which time I suspect The Last Of Us and Beyond will arrive. Any recommendations as to which to begin with?

The Ico Collection only retails for $19.99, which is shocking to me. I'm definitely picking that up in the near future. Also just got a one-year subscription to PS+, is there anything somewhat hidden in the menus that I might miss out on and regret?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Harlock posted:

Kingdom Hearts 1 is in that package...?

The fact that they had enough sense to make it the Final Mix version as well has me excited beyond belief. I really didn't think SE had it in them to make such a good decision.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Jesus, Amazon's Black Friday is impossible. I waited on the dot for Borderlands 2 and added it immediately when it went up, but I still got waitlisted to number 500. gently caress that noise.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Bioshock 2 is free for PSN Plus in the next update in NA. How necessary is it that I play the first before going into this one?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I went into the Gamestop by me to see how much Bioshock would be, and the clerk told me they never made it for PS3 :v:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Is MAG still a thing? I can pick it up used for $5 and the premise was pretty tempting, but that was years ago.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Unlucky7 posted:

Thanks for the Drek tips. I remember it being an unfun slog.

About all this though, first off, wouldn't you want to beat Drek once in order to get the list of Skill Points, if you don't want to comb over a walkthrough? I remember it being the case for the Spyro games and the other R&C games. And I thought you could put you challenge mode save into another slot, so you can continue exploring in your previous game then leap into challenge mode when you are done. Of course, if you carry over bolts and weapons, you probably won't get those if you start that save and would need to beat Drek again.

EDIT: And I thought it was the Going Commando save that gets you the discount?

After I beat Drek I started up my challenge playthrough to clean up the skill points, and carrying over your weapons doesn't make it much of a challenge. Getting the list of what exactly what skill points you need is a greater reward. Besides, then you can eventually buy the RYNO and cakewalk Drek.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
NHL 13 is freezing for me during my Be A GM mode whenever I try to simulate ahead in the calculator. I want to try deleting the game data and reinstalling it to see if that fixes it, but will I lose my online activation if I do that? Pretty sure it's a separate download, but I've never had the issue with any other online pass game and wanted to be sure.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Yechezkel posted:

Unless online passes are service files, yes, you'll lose access if you delete the game data.

If EA Sports games still use PSN codes for the online pass, then the pass download should be somewhere in your account's download list under PSN -> Account Management -> Transaction Management of the XMB. Download it again and you'll get online access in the game again.

I think entering in the PSN code on your account again will bring the pass up for quick download.

Deleting the game data prompted me to just re-enter the pass download from my history, so that was simple enough. However, my game still freezes whenever I try to advance a day. Bummer.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Aphrodite posted:

Have you tried it while signed out of PSN?

Yup. I thought I had it when the little pinwheel loading thing disappeared, but it still locks up and forces a hard reset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Aphrodite posted:

The codes do because Sony only uses 12 digits and not every combination is available, but those are both first party games so Sony might be willing to help.

How many codes get printed if you're running out of combinations when there are 36 possible letters/numbers for each slot :psyduck:

• Locked thread