Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Danthrax posted:

I played the demo and it was pretty fun, but I know nothing about Warhammer so I'll probably get it cheap when I have nothing else to play. Nothing about it screamed "must have" to me but it seems like a solid game.
Keep in mind Relic/THQ are doing that "we don't like used games" thing, so you won't be able to play the co-op mode in the game if you get it used. The single-player and competitive multiplayer should be fine as far as I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

VG-Robot posted:

If anyone out there is bitching about PS+, I hope this finally gets them to see the sense in it. I don't know anyone who has it and has thought it was a bad deal. Any of you guys feel that way?
Yo. I hardly used it even when it was free. Maybe I'm a minority, but gently caress it. The benefits aren't worth it to me.

Policenaut posted:

Capcom's revealing Resident Evil 6 at TGS next week so I imagine they're turning this into an all out blitz. I wouldn't be surprised if they released a demo for Operation Raccoon City this month too.

edit: whoa its sooner than i thought

Oh Jesus. I can't imagine what horrors (not the good kind) Slant 6 has bestowed upon the RE series.

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

VG-Robot posted:

I got it when it first came out, so I had 15 months + 1 for network downtime.

It is still running, and I have got back well over triple back on what I paid for it.
How much do you reckon' you spend on PSN annually?

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Slant 6 is making RE6?

I've never been an RE fan, but after seeing what S6 did with one of my favorite franchises of the PS2 era (SOCOM) :stare:
Nah, they're making Operation Raccoon City. It's their second console game. Their first being the disaster that was Confrontation.

Policenaut posted:

Most play impressions I've read online/in the RE thread for Operation Raccoon City are "game's kinda fun, isn't really a Resident Evil game"

Which is probably the closest thing to success Slant 6 could ever reach.
Well there you go. So many Socom fans were upset they didn't make a game that was like Socom. Now they're making a game that 's not like Resident Evil.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 5, 2011

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

I have a PSN Classics Region related question. Wikipedia says some games are only available in Japan and Europe, and many of these are one's an American such as myself would like to play again. Can I make a foreign account to buy those games? Do they offer English (I'm talking about games that were released world-wide with included English, Ape Escape, Bushido Blade, Ehrgeiz, etc)?

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

weird bleep posted:

Yes, but you should know that European games run in PAL video format which reduces their game speed by 17%. Language options vary from game to game.
Most everything I'm eyeing is Japanese (Ape Escape, Front Mission, Ehrgeiz), but google's telling me PSX games are still region locked? Can that be true despite them being digital versions? Is their any easy way to find out what Japanese PSX games support which languages before buying? I imagine I need a PSN card from Play-Asia or some such, right?

e: It might be more worth it to simply pay the extra for physical copies. Japanese PSN cards are already .5 pricier. Thanks for the help.

rizuhbull fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Feb 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

quote:

Sega’s not doing so hot right now and have refocused on to titles it are sure will sell well.
Can I blame this on Randy Pitchford's Gearbox and Aliens: CM? I would like that.

• Locked thread