Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001
Stop being a terrible poster and go workout.

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

It's been ages since I did any actual gaming on my PS3. Uncharted 3 will absolutely break that cycle on day one. Also Journey from thatgamecompany, Flower was amazing, I have total confidence in whatever they put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

I never wound up finishing Killzone 2 and never even touched the campaign for Killzone 3 despite preordering both and even getting the super duper edition of 3.

I started playing 2 again today from where I last picked up probably like a year or two ago. This game is loving hard

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

It's got 33 reviews and has a score of 90/100 on Metacritic

I don't see why you shouldn't go for it. I have my copy pre-ordered.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

blackguy32 posted:

The loving final battle of Killzone 2 made me never want to loving play it again. That part had me about ready to hurl my controller through the tv. That being said, the final battle in Killzone 3 was really underwhelming and really out of place.

Good timing. Yesterday the final battle (which I didn't realize was the final battle) was driving me absolutely insane. I stopped, watched a youtube video on how to go about it all and attempted it again just before and did much better. I didn't even realize that it was the last fight. I guess it's fitting that it was the hardest part of the game but jesus christ. I don't even remember what difficulty I had it on but I have absolutely zero desire to play through again to get more trophies. Still a sweet game, though. And considering I just got Gears 3 this week... Killzone 2 still looks better

I'll be starting up Killzone 3 tonight. I'm almost tempted to just play through on easy just so I don't have to deal with any monumental headaches along the way so I can just say I beat the drat thing. A friend of mine says 3 is a lot less relentless than 2, though. Your thoughts?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

MUFFlNS posted:

Killzone 3 is gonna blow your freakin' tits off, it's an absolutely incredible looking game. Shame the multiplayer isn't as good as KZ2 (primarily due to balance issues) but the tech is quite frankly amazing. They have so many great ideas, weapons, vehicles and gameplay mechanics in the series that I'm confident Killzone 4 will be one of the best shooters of this console generation if Guerilla Games learn from their mistakes(and uh, actually make it).

I just played a small section of the beginning and to be honest I am not so thrilled by the graphics like I was with KZ2. I've had KZ3 since launch but only ever played MP, I've always thought the graphics in 3 were too bright and washed out looking. Now that I'm playing the campaign those feelings are just magnified. It's especially noticeable going from 2 to 3 in the matter of minutes and seeing how the exact same scenario looks completely different in both games. As of right now my vote goes for 2 having better graphics. I even prefer the menu layout in 2 to the red overlay of 3. I've also encountered a number of overlapping textures that create that weird effect which always bothers the hell out of me when I notice them, all within the first 20 minutes of gameplay. The lip syncing is also way out of wack. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed going into this game.

blackguy32 posted:

3 is quite easy compared to 2. Your teammate can actually revive you and overall there are just less frustrating parts. That being said, the campaign is full of mindless vehicle sections that aren't fun at all.

Although I generally think Killzone is a series that has gotten lucky. I tried to go back and play Killzone 1 and it loving sucks. Its a chore to play and I really want to play as the other characters in it but the beginning sucks so bad that I can't muster up the will to play through it. Killzone 2 would be the best if the controls didn't suck so bad. Killzone 3 had the makings of a good game, but some really bad gameplay decisions marred it. The maps are really bad and can easily result in a team stomping the other into the ground.

I started 3 on Medium and so far so good. I was happy to discover that I could be revived by my teammate because it was always felt like such horse poo poo to have to run and revive Rico in 2 when he doesn't repay the favor. I already did an Exo section that wasn't very fun at all, I much prefer being on foot.

It's pretty jarring going from the second game to the third not only due to the graphical differences I mentioned above but also because there is an entire new cast of characters on the Helghast side that are absolutely never introduced prior. These guys just came out of the woodwork with no introduction. Visari/Radec was a great duo and they felt ominous. These new guys are already bickering at each other and I just don't know who the gently caress they are so I'm left scratching my head over them. Hopefully they flesh out more as the game progresses.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

Attitude Indicator posted:

the dull rear end battles

only thing I'm kind of dreading about replaying these games

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

I'm glad they're making a "sequel" to Demons Souls because it's a cool game. But I only ever beat one boss before giving up because I just suck poo poo at the game and it's not worth my time to grind through it. Ah well..

In any case I finally got around to playing SotC again tonight and the controls are going to take a little getting used to again but it feels really awesome playing this amazing game again.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Yeah, I'm coming around on it, but the first hour or so was surprisingly frustrating. No, get ON the horse, dumbass, quit jumping!

Best way to get on the horse is to just jump toward it and hit R1.

Also for those not in the know, I don't know how rare of knowledge this is, but if you hold R1 while riding the horse and then push up on the analog stick you will stand on the horse instead of just sit on him. This can also be useful for a cool hidden trick that I won't say anything about Oh gently caress it, it's listed as a trophy anyway.. it's how you ride the hawk.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at Sep 30, 2011 around 03:07

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

That video of Colossus 3 is amazing. I definitely have to try, and fail miserable, to leap from sword to cranium.

Also.. I just fought C3 last night and I stabbed his arm a total of 0 times and still beat him. Totally just did head and stomach.. I guess some weak spots aren't necessary?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

MUFFlNS posted:

Ok so I've been playing some of the Uncharted 3 multiplayer via that early access thing and yeah, game of the year right there.

Why did I waste money on Gears of War 3 and an XBL renewal

Dude... same exact boat! I bought Gears 3 and renewed my XBL and even bought a loving WiFi adapter since Xbox doesn't have the feature built in (I have an older one)

I played a little during the week it came out but now that I have SotC/Ico and Uncharted MP I'm like "what the gently caress is Xbox?"

So much money down the drain basically.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

Someone kind of, sort of, I guess spoiled the last boss fight for Assassin's Creed 2 in the Uncharted 3 thread. I owned and played that game two years ago when it came out but never finished. The spoiler intrigued me to try it again so I picked up the greatest hits and started playing again last night. Knowing me I'm going to want to pick up Brotherhood as well. Kind of neat that Revelations is coming out next week, too.

It's funny because I played AC2 after Uncharted 2 and now I'm playing it again after Uncharted 3 and it's jarring to hear the same voice actor for both characters. The whole beginning sequence is loving miserable and a terrible way to introduce someone to a game. Once you start playing as Ezio it turns around a bit. I still wonder why they chose that sequence to start the game off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

("CUNT MUSCLE!")

KFCB posted:

Feel like this should be cross-posted here... anyone who was keen on getting Assassin's Creed: Revelations next week but has a backlog/patience to wait, it will be $35 on Black Friday at Best Buy (whose ad just leaked).

I just picked up a copy of AC2 again to actually finish this time. I want to get Brotherhood and Revelations also but obviously wouldn't be ready to play Revelations by the time it comes out so I can definitely wait. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: The Uncharted series. Play them all, they all own