Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MolluskGoneBad
Feb 25, 2002

Samurai Sanders posted:

Sure seems like the load times and slowdown on Odin Sphere are fixed. And it looks beautiful.

There's one boss near the end of Gwen's part that has the worst slowdown though, I guess I won't know for sure until I get there.
I'm dying to know the answer to this. I've got this and every other one of the PS2 classics on a shelf and a BC PS3, but digital copies and subtle improvements have me sorely tempted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MolluskGoneBad
Feb 25, 2002
What was the difference between FES and the original release? Man, I hope FES isn't slower/longer; my BC PS3 died when I was roughly 3/4 of the way through the original release of the game. I want to buy FES and start again but the prospect seems awfully timesinky.

MolluskGoneBad
Feb 25, 2002

I said come in! posted:

The two big things were some balance changes to the combat, and an expansion pack called the Answer, which ties up some loose ends with the ending. It's a whole new storyline that takes place after you beat the main game and it's really good.
OK, that seems OK. I'd remembered "extra content," but tacking it onto the end actually sounds quite nice. Guess I'll add this one to my backlog as well.

MolluskGoneBad
Feb 25, 2002

Neo Rasa posted:

Another thing with the combat is that they make use of the analogue face buttons, so tap quickly to do two fast melee attacks, or press to do a songle longer range attack. Mastering hitting stuff with that harder attack just as it enters range will make some areas less annoying.
The PS1 did not have analog face buttons, it was just a matter of how long you held them down.

Otherwise I agree, Silent Hill 1 was my favorite in the series and one of my favorite horror games ever.

MolluskGoneBad
Feb 25, 2002

Krad posted:

For months, or half a year. Anything remotely interesting got pushed back to 2013. What's left for 2012 aside from I don't know, RE6 and ACIII?
I'll probably play on PC, but Dishonored looks good.

• Locked thread