Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I think Sheva is great :colbert:

They should bring her back in RE6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

the truth posted:

DLC "season pass" announced for Uncharted 3.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...n=U3Club_101811

Because I don't care about skins at all and I don't know how much the map packs are going to cost on their own, I'm not sure if this is a good deal.
7 multiplayer DLC packs planned?! I'm glad Uncharted is all about the single player experience for me (although the multi is cool too).

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What ps3 games support dts?
Killzone and Uncharted series, not sure about anything else.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nail Rat posted:

People use the term "game share" as if it's something that Sony touted/encouraged/condoned but hey they didn't. A ten dollar game costs ten dollars sorry.
Hypocrisy knows no bounds eh, Nail Rat?!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nail Rat posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? I buy all my games. Always said "no thanks, I'll buy it" when friends offered to share their account with me for a game.

I've shared a few with friends but I didn't think they were entitled and nor did they. And I don't feel bad about it with the retarded number I buy and the small number they ever actually played, so you can gently caress off Flayer.

Don't have any idea where the gently caress you're coming from here or how you think you have any loving idea what I've bought.

Jesus, having a bad day?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Feenix posted:

Sure that's fair. Still seems a bit "binary". It's not like it's my only complaint with the game so far or anything. I just found it a little ridiculous.
Yes it is nuts that they would murder you for killing a chicken, rather than demanding some kind of monetary compensation. One day maybe game AI will get better but that kind of reaction is pretty par for the course when it comes to these open world games.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm getting AC:R on release. There's a deal on at Game in the UK where you can swap in Uncharted 3 for it plus 5 quid, and considering both games will be a tenner by next Spring there's no reason not too since buying back will be cheap.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The problem with games journalism is that it soley covers a particular commercial field, and as such games journalists are particularly vulnerable to the commercial interest they are covering. If a certain games site says things about a game that a distributor doesn't like that distributor can withold review copies and so forth of games to that game site and directly impact their business.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Iskanderson posted:

I agree. In its current state, the game is incredibly tedious to play.
What's wrong with it? I've beaten the HD version a couple of times and it seemed great.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Parkingtigers posted:

This. If you don't get this game then you might just as well burn your console as you are a bad person that hates fun. This game has loving EVERYTHING in it. It's amazing.
Does it have as much stuff as Saints Row 2?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Folklore is a really fun action/rpg. Along with Flower just about the only game where Sixaxis is an improvement over normal controls.

Valkyrie Chronicles is a really fun turned based action strategy game.

All the Uncharteds are amazing.

Metal Gear Solid 4's first two levels are brilliant and are worth whatever pittance that game is going for now, even if you hate the last half.

Yakuza series rocks for a very Japanese beat 'em up.

Heavy Rain is great if the genre "interactive drama" sounds appealing to you.

Infamous series is a kinda superhero free roaming. Pretty fun.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

SamBishop posted:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA, you just can't help yourself, can you? It's like every fiber of your being is struggling to find ways to rip on the system you just purchased.
If you ever posted in YCS you'll know that virtualcolorboy buying a PS3 is one of the biggest shocks of 2011.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I had given up hope of an English release of WotS4 so this is pleasant news.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I platinumed Resident Evil 5 so really looking forward to 6. Been a good day for announcements, with RE6 and WotS4.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Krad posted:

I don't know, RE5 was pretty original with its setting at least. This looked like... well... Operation Racoon City. :confused:
It's original for a PS3 setting after RE4/5. I'm looking forward to playing an RE in a western urban setting again, with the new style.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

...! posted:

Wow. I loved the first two Uncharted games but the third is easily one of the worst games I've ever played. The puzzles are obtuse and nonsensical and the gunfights are absolute bullshit. After trying (and failing) for over an hour to get past this gunfight in Chapter 12, I think I'm gonna just send it back to Gamefly in order to save my sanity. :mad:
It's not generally a good idea to make a post like that just coming off the frustration of repeating the same section for an hour. While you aren't clear on which fight in chapter 12 is frustrating you I imagine it's the one in the shipyard. The easier way to beat that one is to hang off the side of boats and pop as many people as you can from that position. You should be able to clear out just about everyone like that.

I actually thought the puzzles in UC3 were a little pointless seeing how the game way pointed every solution so that they weren't a challenge, more like just following prompts.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Question Mark Mound posted:

Anyone interested in Starhawk should check this out:
https://twitter.com/#!/1up/status/164830115426082817

I didn't really want a code since my internet connection is horrible but I entered anyway since I figured some goon might want one, so the first person to grab it gets it!
JBRN-MMN7-PQ64
Cheers.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Kneel Before Zog posted:

Any ideas of what I should buy with a 50 dollar playstation network gift card?
There's so much content on the PSN store by now that it's hard to recommend things without some kind of guidance on what you're into generally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I really wanted to like Trash Panic but by the gods it's annoying. Stupid rubbish...

• Locked thread