Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Just got my No More Heroes plat and even broke the top 70 on the leaderboards for three different bosses. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Haha, yeah I used PS+ for the free month that I had it but it's nothing that I would ever, ever pay for.

So Kojima has announced that Peace Walker HD will have online co-op and it will do 60fps even with four players. Not bad.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

VG-Robot posted:

At least about $40 a month. I spend a LOT on PSN. This is working out for me great. However, I feel that people who spend little on PSN would get the most out of it--due to discounts and free games.

I spend almost that much but still have no use for PS+. Mostly because the free games are usually garbage and the discounts are mostly for stuff that I already bought much earlier.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MUFFlNS posted:

Ok so somewhat surprisingly it appears that Resistance 3 is actually a really good game? The review embargo seems to have been lifted today with a whole bunch of good scoring reviews appearing, as well as a video review from GameTrailers that actually makes the game look mindblowingly awesome:

GameTrailers video review

I honestly don't know what to make of it really. The singleplayer looks downright fantastic (as does the co-op) and as well as looking incredibly fun, it looks really impressive when it comes to the graphics too. My reservations are solely with the multiplayer though, which I enjoyed gameplay-wise but despised when it came to the choppy framerate and poor visuals. Seeing multiplayer footage of the retail build seems to suggest everything runs smoothly now but I'm still unsure personally.

Eh, I won't financially support any game that uses some variant of "Project Ten Dolla."

...!
Oct 5, 2003

SamBishop posted:

Dammit, Policenaut, you've been doing a hell of a job linking to interesting stuff as of late. You should come toil with other soulless Goons over at TPS! Doesn't that sound like fun? No?

Well, uh... feel free to message me anyway. Or e-mail. Or IM. Or whatever. Or don't! Ho ho!

What would such a thing pay? I could possibly be talked into it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

You get to work with me. I can't imagine that any possible compensation could trump that.

Dude, I thought you were dead. Again.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Just a reminder: the AC:Revelations beta is open to everyone as of today.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sweet. Reversing that cover's the first thing I'm gonna do when my copy arrives. This'll be one of the few games per year that I buy rather than rent.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

The NA release of From Dust has been pushed up to this upcoming Tuesday, if anyone cares.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Policenaut posted:

Aw drat it, Home costumes? Now I gotta get all up in that. Subway gives out good Home poo poo.

Dude, seriously, you have a problem.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

It's taking me forever to make any real progress in Deus Ex. This is mainly because I find it hard to concentrate on my objectives and spend most of my time just screwing around. This is not a complaint.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

SamBishop posted:

Yechezkel, you do an amazing thing every week with stuff (so much so that I want desperately to have to you do the same thing for our site)

I am starting to feel insulted, sir.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I know I keep saying this, but drat, Deus Ex is better than any game has a right to be. This is definitely going on my top ten list of best games of all time. It'll probably even supplant the original Deus Ex on that list. drat. Can't wait for the DLC.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

So, as of today there are Star Wars ads on the load screens of Deus Ex. :argh:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well I mean, it makes sense visually, but there still isn't any gameplay reason to stand up straight then. It would have been interesting if crouching when in public made people look at you like you were some kind of weirdo, but the game doesn't do that. Across the board there's basically no gameplay reason not to crouch.

Basically I think that, given that they made no effort to balance crouching vs. not crouching in the game, they should have just had one type of movement that was effectively crouching.

I'm sorry but this is the silliest complaint I've seen about a game in quite some time.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

eightysixed posted:

Since pretty much everyone I know said it's the best game on the PS3, I finally just started playing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots for the first time last night. My first venture back to MGS since Metal Gear Solid on the Playstation 1. I don't think I know what I'm doing :(

What is the general consensus on the game here?

Download the MGS Database from the PSN Store. It's free and has a ton of info on anything you might wonder about. It's even cross-referenced. The best part is that you don't have to worry about spoiling MGS4 by reading it because any MGS4 specific information is locked out unless you have a cleared MGS4 save.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Atlus has stated in the past that they'll keep renewing the end date for the servers as long as there's still a sizable amount of people playing. Whether that number will drop significantly when Dark Souls hits is anyone's guess.

Edit: And it is Atlus running the NA servers(and I think the EU ones as well). Whoever kept insisting that From Software runs the servers is tragically misinformed.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

evilalien posted:

Namco Bandai handled the PAL release so I think they run the EU servers.

Either way, it's certainly not From running it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Origins have just been rated by the ESRB for a NA PSN release. Personally, I hate Chrono Cross but I'm sure this news will get someone excited.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Renoistic posted:

BTW, Might & Magic is discounted at PSN now, are the changes worth the price or should I just stick to the portable DS version?

You dirty loving liar.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Amazon needs to hurry up and ship my copy of the Team Ico Collection. "Shipping soon" ain't gonna cut it, Amazon. :mad:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

FYI Adam Jensen will gently caress you up if you hide your valuables in the middle or bottom drawers of your desk. He's a busy man; he has no time for that poo poo.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

MUFFlNS posted:

You download your PS3 games and play them on a PS3 running CFW don't you? That might be why you're getting a bad framerate and stuff since I don't recall the game having those issues back when I played the retail version.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

It's not all the time, just in the intro. It seems fine now. I just did the thing with zeke.

Question... deflected. :c00l:

I've seen a couple of reviews of the Team Ico Collection that mention that Shadow of the Colossus is now "finally" able to be played in 16:9. I'd just like to point out that the PS2 version does, in fact, have a 16:9 option. Someone obviously doesn't use their options screens, apparently.

...! fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 29, 2011

...!
Oct 5, 2003

OK, so Deus Ex is officially on my poo poo list. It refused to give me two trophies I know I earned. Thanks for nothing, game. :mad:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

qbert posted:

Let me guess, non-lethal and no camera alerts?

No camera alerts and getting all the ebooks. I made drat sure I fulfilled the requirements for both but the game gave me neither. It's loving bullshit! The game's lucky I was going to do a third runthrough on hard anyway.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

SEGA just applied for a trademark for "Yakuza: Dead Souls." I guess we know now what the western version of Of The End will be called...

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Ein Bear posted:

Speaking of DLC, wasn't Portal 2 supposed to have got some in September? Any news on that?

The latest word is that it should be out this coming Tuesday.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Was really hoping to get some Team Ico Collection time in before Dark Souls hits but the USPS is thwarting me. :argh:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

What I didn't realize until recently is that the front bottom air vent needs clearance as well, so if you're keeping your PS3 flat on the floor that might speed up its demise.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Yeah, if you're trying to kill all the zombies you're definitely playing it wrong. The game will just respawn any that you kill.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I like how when Eurogoons on my friends list play the Team Ico Collection their status lists not just the game's title but also the full part number and "(EU Version)." I don't know why they felt the need to call attention to that but it's kinda funny.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

If my copy of Team Ico Collection doesn't arrive today, I will go around punching postal workers all week. :mad:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Just got my copy of the Team Ico Collection AND just got an email notice from Gamefly that they've sent Dark Souls. It's an awesome gaming overload!

When I was renting Demon's Souls I didn't play any other game for a solid month. I'm expecting it to be much the same with Dark Souls.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Feenix posted:

Hey guess what Gamefly just sent me and I played 5 minutes of and will never touch again.

Shadows of the Colossus.

I mean, sure I bet I'm missing out on a very serene, deep experience, but gently caress those controls so hard.

Never again.

I will never, never understand people who say this.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Feenix posted:

Why would you understand it? You don't know me.

You don't know that I'm 34, getting married in a week, and when I DO get around to getting back from my honeymoon, I will have a poo poo ton of really awesome Winter 2011 games. You don't know that my time is limited, and archaic HD remakes with no effort paid to fixing something as simple as controls just don't vie well for my time.

I turn 34 in a month, so don't use your age as an excuse. I'm not saying that the controls are perfect but given that it's one of the most beloved games of all time, the controls aren't as bad as you're making them out to be. If you don't give the game another shot, you'll really be missing out.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Hey everyone, don't forget that the free Portal 2 DLC is out today!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Welp, Sony has just stated that all future first-party games with a multiplayer component will have an implementation of Online Pass, including Uncharted 3. Since I refuse to support this with my money, I guess I'll be purchasing Skyrim instead of Uncharted 3. I'll rent Uncharted 3 for the single player and pass on the multiplayer.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Is the PSN down?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

blackguy32 posted:

Edit: Also, people are too hard on reviews period. I am sure I am not the only one who remembers the posters raging here about how Gamespot had the nerve to give Twilight Princess a 8.8.

I think you're thinking of GameFAQs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

You know, the fact that these PS2 Classics are clearly emulated (they even call up the PS2 BIOS) in much the same manner as the PS1 Classics makes me think that Sony has clearly figured out a way to make all PS3s backward compatible but they'd rather just sell us the games again. I don't mind so much for rare games like the ones released so far but it'll be interesting to see if they throw a system update for full backward compatibility or if they just try to sell us the entire PS2 catalog a few games at a time.

• Locked thread