Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pandanaut posted:

I swear, if I said come in! causes any games I want to be lovely because he started hyping them up I will blow up his house.

God drat, let me tell you how much i'm seriously looking forward to Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would rather play MAG then the PS3 version of Battlefield 3. BF3 console version is only 24 players, that's not even worth it. The 64 player count is one of the core Battlefield series, defining features. 24 players just makes it a slightly upgraded version of Bad Company 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feenix posted:

Bullshit it's not worth it.

You didn't play Battlefield 2 then. A large player count, completely matters. Battlefield 2 has had as large of a community as it does, for this long, because it's huge maps, and large player count makes it amazing. All of those land, air and sea vehicles being controlled by players, and everyone broken up into groups, doing something and working together, makes it one of the best multiplayer shooters. MAG is awesome for the same reason, but it doesn't have nearly as much content in its maps as Battlefield 2 did, just far more players.

A large player count has always been what the core Battlefield series is about. Take that away, make the maps smaller, and it's just the millionth multiplayer shooter that we don't need.

Bad Company 2 was acceptable because it wasn't a core Battlefield game, DICE wasn't trying to make it into one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I am on my PS3, I would choose MAG, that's all i'm saying. I have the PC version of Battlefield 3 pre-ordered, and play the PC version of Bad Company 2 pretty often. Bad Company 2 isn't MAG or Battlefield 3, it was never meant to be, DICE said as much. I have different expectations for that series, it is very different from the core Battlefield series.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fuzz posted:

Whatever, argue all you want, my point is that MAG is a PS3 exclusive and also a Good Game. There is no excuse for not having all the major exclusives right at the top of the OP's game list, because they are the major thing that differentiates the PS3 from the other two major platforms.

Same reason God of War 3, Infamous, Motorstorm, and MGS4 should all be there right at the top, instead of loving Bayonetta, whose worst version is on the PS3. It's embarrassing.

Fuzz has a point. Just because some of these games are old, doesn't mean they aren't worth showing. Titles like Metal Gear Solid 4 are still worth buying for new people, and that's still one of the best looking console games of this generation. Even LittleBigPlanet 2 has been left out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Hahaha oh my god, Metropolismania is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCfwXQXSC8&hd=1

I missed this chintzy as gently caress franchise, even though I know no one will ever localize it I still want it :(

Is this a Simcity clone or public transportation sim? If it's a Simcity clone, than I really want to play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

...! posted:

What would such a thing pay? I could possibly be talked into it.

Heheh, I think it might be best you not know.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

You get to work with me. I can't imagine that any possible compensation could trump that.

Hal will give you shoulder rubs, while you write endless news.

SamBishop, you should get on AIM.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is awesome, because Crysis 1 was a much better game then its sequel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

gently caress yes I can't wait to stealth around and punch North Koreans in the face with birds, Crysis 1 owns so much.

Also turtles, don't forget the turtles.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

You mean like, put a bird or a turtle in your hand and then punch them?

edit: I played Crysis 2 briefly, I found it to be a fairly ordinary and uninteresting shooter. I guess 1 is more open-worldy, is it as much so as Far Cry 2? That's the other game by them I have played.

Exactly this. This is why Crysis 2 was no where near as good. In fact Crysis 2, was a pretty awful game. But Crysis 1 was crazy amounts of fun and you could do so much awesome stuff in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

Sorry for the double post, but this is just getting ridiculous now. Final Fantasy XIII-3? Really Square?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/09/09/square-enix-planning-ahead-for-final-fantasy-xiii-3.aspx

Final Fantasy 13 was very successful for Square-Enix. They are playing it safe right now with their games; S-E does not want to take risks and believes that the FFXIII series is a very safe return on their investment currently. They can make quite a bit if money on making this into a multiple game series.

Of course if XIII-2 turns out to not do well, then you won't see 13-3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

Ferrari: The Race Experience

I've heard good things about this racing game. Going to have to buy it for sure, as I love Ferrari and there are not enough racing games with Ferrari represented.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

I played it back in the day and it's really not that great. It's like a really bland, limited Gran Turismo seemingly fit only for people that are really, really into Ferraris.

But that's just my two cents.

If it's cheap enough in North America, i'll still buy it. It's good to know where to set my expectations though. I'm really into Ferrari, so it might worth it just to have a go around the tracks with each car.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Danthrax posted:

The DFGT is my first (and only) wheel, and it's excellent. It was pretty much made for Gran Turismo 5 but it'll work with other games and I think it'll work ona PC too. There are better wheels from Fanatec (I think that's the company) that use belts for the force-feedback (the DFGT has gears so it's kinda noisy) but they're also more expensive.

I've been very happy with my DFGT and you will be too. The paddle shifters are just buttons on the back of the wheel but they work just fine for their intended purpose, there's only a sequential stick shifter but that works well too, and there's no clutch but for me at least it's not a big deal.

Chiming in as another very happy DFGT user. I use it for Gran Turismo 5 and iRacing (hardcore PC sim), but mostly iRacing. Very easy to use wheel and feels really good. I eventually want to upgrade to a much more expensive wheel, since i'll get my moneys worth out of it, but right now, the DFGT was a great choice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just know that going in, there is a steep learning curve with any wheel. GT5 turns off a whole bunch of hidden driving aids that are enabled with a controller, and the game totally changes at that point. Especially on the older race cars, they become a lot harder to control. It was really frustrating playing with a wheel at first and I still don't have it down on the older Le Mans cars, which seem almost impossible to drive on a wheel.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harlock posted:

Final Fantasy X remake/remaster/HD version coming to Vita and PS3. Square is scraping the bottom of that ice machine for all it's worth.

Hell yes! I'm just glad I don't have to bust out the PS2 to play it. FFXII wasn't confirmed?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

No, Square-Enix is milking this poo poo dry and doing separate releases so I imagine next year they'll have FF12 HD.

Ooh well, i'm fine with just FFX. I don't think I can go back to XII ever again after playing through it twice. I can't tolerate the dungeons in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

the truth posted:

Apparently you can.

Uh, no, I can't. The 2nd time was hard enough and that was done a couple years later, after my first playthrough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BlindNinja posted:

One of the reasons I stopped playing XII was those hellish dungeons.

FFX's were horrible too, but they were just a couple rooms with stupid puzzles in them. Very easy to get through by just searching for the name of the dungeon in Youtube and looking at the walkthrough. Although I probably still have some of these memorized.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind. Wrong platform. :p I thought we might have been talking about the PC version for a minute there. If it makes you feel better, it does the samething there too!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

DAYTOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAA!

Daytona USA coming to PSN and XBLA. Thank you, Jesus.

I loved this game so much on the Saturn. I hope my nostalgia glasses don't get the best of me though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

...! posted:

So, as of today there are Star Wars ads on the load screens of Deus Ex. :argh:

Ugh, I was afraid of this happening. :/ I'm pretty sure Eidos assured us too that we wouldn't be getting ads like this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Green Puddin posted:

So I just bought a new copy of Portal 2 from Target and I tried using my PC code on steam but it's telling me that code has already been used to activate on another account, do I need to bother the store or Steam? I've already placed a ticket with Steam and I don't think Target would give a poo poo :(

Valve won't help you with this, they will just tell you to take the game back to Target. Show them your receipt and they'll give you a new copy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Ace Combat demo felt terrible and this is the absolute worst game in the series by far. The older games are much much better, this new one was seriously a piece of poo poo. The new gameplay mechanics made it feel like I wasn't even really playing the game, and the controls were very unresponsive and awkward.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm really anxious for that Uncharted 3 multiplayer thing to begin next month. I want to know how the multiplayer turned out, because the beta was a bit of a mess. :ohdear: I hope Naughty Dog did manage to fix all of the issues. Uncharted 2 is the best PS3 game, and so I really want UC3 to be just as good.

[edit]
Also, whatever happened with the Journey? The beta test for that was really good, and I was super excited because I thought it would be released soon, but ThatGameCompany has since gone quiet.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 17, 2011

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope the Metal Gear Solid HD games are all on PSN, I don't want to buy all of them.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

The Drop - New releases this week

The next PS1 classics to come to PSN this Tuesday are Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI.
:raise: I don't remember either of those games getting PS1 releases.

I was just wondering the other day when these were coming out on PSN. Thank you for the heads up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Shalinor posted:

You can absolutely rush through DXHR standing up, guns blazing.

I've done this! :D Beat it in a couple hours. It was my 2nd playthrough though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sistergodiva posted:

DC online goes free* to play.

http://t.co/C7CBUWqH

Wonder if this means EU too?

If it's anything like Everquest 2 Extended, you'll be very limited in the type of character you can make, and the free option will be a bit of a money sink initially because of this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MUFFlNS posted:

It's really depressing that a lovely game such as WKC can spark so much conversation but a game like Resistance 3 pretty much gets no attention at all :(

We love our animes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI will not be coming out this week. It was listed by mistake.

:downsbravo: stupid blog guy. 4 mistakes in one article: Mass Effect 2 listed as new release, wrong date for Child of Eden, wrong info about Move support in Resident Evil 4, and now wrong dates for those PS1 releases.

That guy that does the Drop each week, really does make a lot of mistakes. This is a pretty consistent thing for him.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dayewalker posted:

In this case I'm actually kind of glad he made a mistake. I really don't need to spend any money on games this week. I already have way too many in my backlog, plus all of the upcoming games that I plan on buying.

I was looking forward to buying Chrono Trigger tomorrow, but not so much so that i'm angry about the mistake. Just bummed about it. I have F1 2011 to play this week though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dark Souls looks really great, but I want to know how truly difficult it is, compared to Demon's Souls before buying it. I put 100+ hours into Demon's Souls, but that was a pretty tough game for me. :/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Renoistic posted:

That's pretty great, actually, and I hope they will keep a couple of guys online just so that they can randomly invade players even after the game is released. You know, just to keep people on their toes.

Pretty much. This is really funny and awesome. If players don't like it, they can sign out of PSN or Live and play offline. The only thing you're missing, is playing with others.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I doubt they will gently caress with the game after it officially comes out.

I'm hoping From Software still keeps the Demon's Souls servers online. They only have them scheduled for October 2011, but I think they will extend the license another year. If they don't, I hope they release a patch that disables the save file protection.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pandanaut posted:

Why would they do that?

I don't want to guess what you are referring to.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pandanaut posted:

Well I mean unlocking the saves so you can back them up? Or unlocking them so you can use them on different machines?

Because the second part won't ever happen (trophies). If it's the first then just get PS+! :v:

I just want them unlocked so I can play with other peoples characters. Saves from other machines, always disable trophies by design. But locking saves was more for balance, there would be nothing but max level characters running around and they would all be from the same few people who uploaded their characters to Gamefaqs. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mustach posted:

It's up to Atlus, isn't it? (Or do you own the Asian version)

Atlus is just the publisher, From Software runs the server.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

40 OZ posted:

Oh my goodness, I just got demon's souls a week ago and I'm enjoying it. No :pray:

They only ever have the license to run the server, for one year, but have always extended it each year. They'll do it again, almost 100% positive.

• Locked thread