Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Dirty Burger posted:

Uncharted 3 commercial that's gonna air tonight during the Packers/Saints game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhOUJxRsK3M

:stare:

It still amazes me what Naughty Dog can do with the PS3. God drat that's an amazing looking game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I hope there's some way that non Move users can play around with the new LBP stuff.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dominic White posted:

even to the point of letting non-Move folks use the Brain Crane, by making a player-clone Sackbot with the analogue stick controlling a virtual remote for the bot.

I really love how crafty the LBP community is.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Wish they would tell us in advance when they're gonna do maintenance. Glad I bought Lonesome Road last night.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hey if you're looking to buy some games stop by Target before Saturday, they're running a buy 2 get one free deal on ALL games. I just picked up Uncharted 3, the new Batman, and Dead Island.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I rented LA Noire, and was wondering if they fixed that whole making PS3s overheat and die thing?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I got to it but none of the videos loaded. I still like zombie games so let's hope this is good.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MaliciousOnion posted:

I recently picked up a PS3 and I'm looking at games I want. Near the top of my list is Fallout: New Vegas. I've heard rumours that a GOTY edition is coming out and I was wondering if it would be worth waiting for it to be released.

yeah wait for the GOTY version. If you've got a 360 or a PC that can run it, you'd be better off getting it on one of those. On ps3 with all the DLC installed in can get very buggy. I personally enjoyed the game enough to put up with it but you may not.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can not wait to play Last of Us. Naughty Dog has a lot of good will with me.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Crowbear posted:

Man. Naughty Dog make really, really good looking games.

Seriously. They need to farm themselves out to other developers and show them how to program for the PS3.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The only thing that sucked about Uncharted 1 was throwing grenades with the sixaxis.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Does Parasite Eve hold up? I've got six bucks burning a hole in my PSN wallet.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can't wait for someone to make a side-scrolling platformer in that game.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Apparently the ModNation team is making LittleBigPlanet Karting.

There's a joke here but I just can't find it.

As long as MM is helping them it will turn out dandy.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The Warriors is the best movie tie-in ever

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Team Fortress 2.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sixaxis worked pretty well in Flow and Flower, it's also a pretty good palindrome.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My friend gave me a $20 PSN card for my birthday and I'm wondering if there any PSN exclusives you would recommend? I was looking at Amy, is that any good?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Understood.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I preordered Journey last week, how soon can I download it tomorrow?

vvvv that's a bummer I was hoping since it was available to PS+ members I'd be able to get first thing in the morning.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 13, 2012

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Any good games on the PSN for $5.00 or less? I've only got that much left from my last PSN card.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone know of any good PSN games for $5 or less?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ramadu posted:

So, I just got a ps3 and got NBA 2k12. I'm tired of the 360 since mine just red ringed for the 4th or 5th time. What games should I look into on the ps3?

Get Twisted Metal, it's a damned blast. It had some network problems at launch but those have been mostly ironed out.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

According to Amazon the next Medal of Honor game is subtitled Warfighter. That's just a little too on the nose.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

That's a crying shame, seemed like it was gonna be a blast.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Twisted Metal has some online issues for some people, but the gameplay is the best in the entire series pick it up if like the series.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

bbcisdabomb posted:

Why would you get rid of PAIN? Grab some friends and go bowling, it's the greatest thing.

That game isn't really worth playing after you download like 8 gigs of patches.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Cab posted:

I just finished the uncharted series and I enjoyed the heck out of them. I started with 3 then went to 1, which was a huge sign of how the game progressed. Anyways I'm just wondering if there are any other exclusives I should play other then the trilogies and Heavy Rain (which I also loved)?

Currently have:
God of Wars
Resistance series
Uncharted series
Heavy Rain
Twisted Metal
Journey

Little Big Planet 2, it's super fun.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The last franchise I loved that came out with a card game was Metal Gear. So if this is as good as Metal Gear Ac!d then I'm on board.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just played the demo of I Am Alive. Does the game go to poo poo after the demo? I enjoyed what was in the demo and was just wondering why the game was so panned.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

In a word? Yes.

Can you expand on this? I was thinking of downloading it this weekend.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks for the info, that's a shame I really enjoyed the demo. Still might download it, but I don't know.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Finished I Am Alive today. Other than the end I thought it was all right, don't know if I'd recommend for $15 though.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If I can't use that in LBP2 I'm gonna be so mad.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

RaDaMaNt posted:

Is new Twisted Metal any good? I'm still considering buying it

Yeah it's great fun, had some online issues at launch but they've been mostly ironed out.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I can't imagine playing Journey without a companion, it just wouldn't feel right.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The only reason to use cover in Max Payne 3 is to charge up some bullet time, then you jump of the cover hit bullet time and waste everyone.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ein Bear posted:

The new Doctor Who game that came out has the tone of the TV series down perfectly. You run around, having fun as the Doctor, and then River Song comes along, ruins everything and makes you wish you hadn't bothered.

Spoilers. :ssh:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Just stay in cover until your bullet time gets filled then step out and activate bullet time and shoot everyone in the head it's not that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

iastudent posted:

:siren: PS+ members get 12 free games starting tomorrow! :siren:

LittleBigPlanet 2, Saints Row 3, and Infamous 2 confirmed so far.

What's the catch? Are those just the 60 minute trials?

• Locked thread