Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
I am gonna stomp all over ork faces. Chainswords all up in their guts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Parkingtigers posted:

Ah, time for some more Demon's Souls. Now would I like to die repeatedly to a giant spider, or an armoured giant with a 35 foot high shield? Decisions decisions ...

The spider is pretty easy as a sword & board, you just bumrush him and block the physical attacks, then run when he charges up a huge fire blast. For ranged, there are sort-of nooks along the right wall just big enough to block the fireballs.

Tower Knight is cake, ranged. Melee, lock-on is your enemy. You can get behind him far easier without it, then just chop at his Achilles until he drops/dies.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

And even if the dog didn't have sand powers, it's pretty freaky.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

I've got Oneechanbara on the 360. They really don't play like each other at all, despite obvious similarities. Oneechanbara has pretensions of being a highly technical brawler more like DMC or Bayonetta, except the rhythm system they use couldn't be more opaque, even with the training mode they include. It's also rather sluggish by comparison.

Lollipop is a much more fast-and-loose brawler. I'd actually say it has more in common with God of War, gameplay-wise, than it does with DMC.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Not that I mind, but why so cheap?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

SamBishop posted:

Guess atmosphere really goes a long way for games, which bodes well for some of the stuff we'll see next gen.

...you horrible tease.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

and a unicorn! :gay:

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

...goddamn it, now I'm actually considering getting it.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Also is it just me or are there very few actual shortcuts. I got licked by the Adjudicator and have to go through the ruins and that narrow cliff with some flying shitfuckers throwing spears at me all over again? All I can say is long live the bonfires.

Shortcuts are fewer and far less obvious in DeS. You can actually skip most of 4-1, though. The first wall on the far right end can be jumped off onto the area where the regeneration ring is found. You need to be able to fastroll to make it onto the wall edge, though.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Practice. Practice, practice, practice.

Beat my face against those walls for a while, but Franklin is now a better pilot than Trevor.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

dunno, but what I did with the first is wait until the game finished laoding before accepting the patch. Might work with this one, too.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Question Mark Mound posted:

Genuinely, can someone remind me what the story to 13 was? All I can remember is (full-game spoilers): The government sends certain people to the planet below their space city because they're marked somehow and when that happens, the gods give them something important to do or they'll become zombies. The lead characters are all marked and their god-job is to destroy the space city. You fight the big baddie and the two Australian girls become crystals. Also, space-Pope is evil.

Big fat FFXIII spoilers The Space Pope (and basically all Fal'cie) are abandoned children, longing for the return of their creators. Those creators left them in charge of keeping everything running smoothly for the humans. After who knows how long, the Fal'cie have grown tired of their task and their charges, and just want mommy/daddy/whatever to come back home. Space Pope's whole plan is to bust the place up so bad, the creators will have no choice but to intervene. There is literally nothing further to the plan or to what would happen after. Like I said, the Fal'cie are literally abandoned children, lashing out at random for attention.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

YOU WOULDN'T DRIVE A BODY-MOD KIT

I don't think I'm doing this right.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

...! posted:

I thought Final Fantasy XIII was just OK but I genuinely enjoyed XIII-2 (even with its 23 MB save files; what the gently caress are they saving?). I'm actually looking forward to XIII-3.

Every loving creature in the game that isn't a boss can be captured, named, decorated, and it's leveled stats customized. Plus, all the various chrono event flags and map items. It adds up. I do get the impression they didn't try very hard to optimize it, though.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

1) nope.

2) you lose 10% durability every time you die, on top of losses from hitting/being hit, so at the very least you'll break all your gear by the tenth respawn. At normal difficulty this might not be totally terrible, but you'll be reduced to a red mist on higher difficulties.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Szurumbur posted:

Oh, I didn't even think to look at durability, I'm glad there's actually a penalty. One other question: I've reached the end of the demo, hitting a level cap of nine while playing on Hard Mode, Normal Difficulty (the highest I had available), but the Boss (Skeleton King) had so much HP/defence that my hits were doing maybe 1% of his total HP, and so I couldn't actually beat him, since he summons his minions relentlessly and hits hard as well. The question is: was the Boss actually unbeatable for me at this stage (I managed to defeat him on Easy Mode, which is hardly an accomplishment), or are there some kind of strategies I could utilize to win? I imagine I could grind some more in a full version of the game, but maybe there is more to the battles than exchanging numbers.

There is literally no benefit to playing on hard. In the full version, however, there are master difficulties which do increase magic find and exp earned, but I'd not bother until probably your first clear of normal. Enemy health and damage increase pretty drastically with each level of difficulty, and if you aren't fairly well equipped, you'll find yourself getting randomly vaporized.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, is there anything technically wrong with the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed 4, relative to previous AC games? Any signs that it was developed for the PS4/PC and then scaled down?

I'm really jonesing for that game and don't know if I can wait two weeks until the PC or PS4 versions. Hell, if I get it now I might just finish it by then.

I've been playing the poo poo out of it. Dunno if it's "downscaled", but it plays just fine. I'm not getting a PS4 for a few months at least, or until an actual must-have release is imminent.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

The game is much better at everything it does as a game, and I would say a much better developed plot, but said plot is also pant-on-head retarded. It does and does not help that there's a bunch of timey-wimey bullshit going on.

If you've got time, and enjoy a bit of pseudo-pokemon, I'd give it a go. The combat is a lot snappier (which is impressive considering the first, but most trash battles are over in 3-5 seconds), and the music is pretty great.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Should I be excited for Gran Turismo 6? I love the series but hated 5. Did they clean up their mess?

I also need to know this. I don't recall seeing pretty much anything about GT6, so I feel kinda concerned about it...

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Spincut posted:

Are there any classes that have both magic and melee combined?

There are not. The divide between physical and magical attacks is pretty sharp. The elf does have a little bit of both, so you may want to try that. If you wanna get cuhrazy with the melee, though, Amazon or Dwarf are your best bet. Elf has some sweet kicks, but they do poo poo-all for damage.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

axleblaze posted:

I got Drakengard 3 and I'm not even sure why. I haven't even played or watched LPs of the other two. No looking back now because it's installing now...

I would recommend against playing 1 or 2, as they are basically very boring Dynasty Warriors clones. Neir is quite enjoyable, but more of a side story than direct sequel. The LPs of all three by DarkId are great, though. Seriously cannot wait for his interpretation of Drakengard 3.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

that poo poo's fried, yo. don't even know why you're asking.

unless he got a new warranty with it's last repairs, yeah he's probably got to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

I didn't really have a problem with that, because the literal Power of Hope was in fact hiding within him after he had released it from Pandora's Box. Trying to give him a sympathetic arc would have been fine, and had actually been done alright in previous games, it just wasn't handled right in GoW3.

None of this changes the fact that Kratos is a murder machine, and is just as responsible for his suffering as Zeus and his pack of fuckwads.

• Locked thread