Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there any place to import Deadly Premonition/Red Seed Profile for the PS3 still? Looked at Playasia and a few sites last night and it's listed at 80 bucks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

The game is a cult classic now and had a very low print number in the East for PS3. There's probably never going to be a PS3 The Best re-release so it'll be stuck at that price for quite some time. Earlier in the year, Koreans were dumping the game en masse on eBay for like $40 which is when I got mine but now if you want to buy it from a retail website you're going to drop $80-$100 for it.

Here's a bit of hope for you though: a lone Asian copy has appeared on eBay for $50. This is the Asian release of the Japanese version, so all that's really different is that it doesn't have the Japanese rating stuff on it.

This is the best price you're going to find for it, barring a freak sale of the game. It's only going to get worse as time goes on, as more diehard PS3 owners give up waiting for localization and buy the Japanese version.

Well's that $50 spent. Thanks Policenaut for this find.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ein Bear posted:

So according to a comment (scroll down to #3) on the Playstation Blog, these will be the original versions of the games, without any HD-ifying, or Trophies...

I was excited when I thought they were remasters, but now it just feels like they're being shady by not letting us play the original discs on the PS2 emulator they've clearly cooked.

Guess that means Odin Sphere will still be laggy.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since these are going to be the original version, can anyone with a 60 GB PS3 tell us how the games look with their "smooth and upscale" option?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Krad posted:

Okay, I was excited about God Hand, but how much are they going to charge for those games? Considering they aren't remakes, they shouldn't be more than $10-$15. Even $15 sounds like a lot, but then again, it is Capcom...

Hearing the price is :10bux: in the PS3 Share thread.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

sentrygun posted:

Instead of people complaining back and forth about if SotC needs improved controls, can we just agree that it's not a game for everyone?

If you're interested in the game but can't deal with the controls, you might want to check out the LP of it. I don't know if said LP is any good since I haven't watched it, but it's on LParchive and it's video, so I'm sure it shows off the Colossi fights well enough, and you can skip the in-betweens if you don't want to watch travel.

Haven't watched it myself yet, but Geop's other LP for Assassin Creed (and in production AC2 LP) are very high quality.

Has anymore info been revealed about tomorrow PS2 games?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shalinor posted:

For once, even the 360 people got it free. Still no idea how Valve pulled that one out of their hat.

I hope that's a continuing trend, and eventually we see the 360-side get Steam too. It would be totally boss to FINALLY be able to cross-play between PC, 360 and PS3. But... eh, probably not this generation.

If I remember right, the disc based 360 games gets one free DLC, but it can't have new achievements. Which is why the PC version (the one I have) didn't have any new ones.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Horse controls fine after I remapped the in-game controls to match Red Dead Redemption.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

I really like the XMB interface for the PS2 Classics. The icons being the actual game boxes and the color scheme for the background is great. It looks way sharper and better than PSOne Classics.

It's just amazing that Sony sprung this out of nowhere with such an incredible hardcore launch lineup. I can't wait to see what they'll bring later on.

One of the reasons I always watch their E3 conference every year is to see if a PS2 Classic program would start...and it just starts out of the blue at the end of a paragraph about some random "PSN Only" games.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

poo poo, that would explain why my HDTV couldn't show any of the ps2 games properly. 720p? gently caress.. this is what I get for having a CRT..(they rarely have that)

Oh well, back to composite for a bit.. doesn't bother me that much.

If you use "Full Screen Off" then it only displays the game in 480P

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

WOLF KIDULT MAN posted:

Yikes! I want all five of these babies, especially if the slowdown in Odin Sphere has been improved at all. I guess I'll check my HD space later, if I can remember how.

How was/is Grimgrimoire? I never really got into the whole Nippon Ichi thing, as their games seemed to reward grinding over strategy, and Tsunami Bomb was not a solid selling point.

Haven't played it myself yet, but I watched My Name Is Kaz's LP for the game (he also did Odin Sphere), and the game looks neat. It's actually a 2D RTS set in a fantasy castle with a witch who keeps repeating the same week over and over, which she gets more powerful in the progress.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

I remember this.

Wonder how many of them keep begging him to do a endurance run for Giant Bomb these days?

Anyway, it does feel like Odin Sphere runs better. I never played it myself, but I don't really see any of the slowdowns that everyone complained about. Haven't reached the boss everyone blames for the most issues yet, but it does feel like it runs better. Also the load times are super short now, taking my five seconds to go from the main menu to the chapter select.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Policenaut posted:

Alright! Sony sent me a private beta invite!

...To the new version of PlayStation Home :eng99:

Do people even use HOME Anymore?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This may not be a HD re-issue for Odin Sphere, but it might as well be one. The load times are almost non-existence now and slowdowns are ultra rare now. I haven't fought her yet, but people who fought Odette said there was no slowdowns.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SuperLobster posted:

I am considering jumping onto Demon Souls before Dark Souls but is there any chance the servers won't be online much longer? I found an article from last December saying that the company was keeping them up until October 2011. If they do shut them down is that a reason to not pick the title up?

I wouldn't say they are all bad. I'm pretty fond of the Assassin's Creed series and I have very high hopes for FarCry 3. Didn't particularly care for the Prince of Persia involving a new Prince, but I did enjoy the Forgotten Sands in which they went back to the Sands of Time storyline. I've never been a fan of any of the Tom Clancy games though...

Awesome, I know what I am going to pick up from Gamestop today that will keep me busy until Arkham City.

Not only they are up until sometime in 2012, but right now the Halloween events is going on, with all the worlds already being in Pure White mode until the 17th, when it goes into Pure Dark mode. Good to start up events that you would had to take a long of time to activate.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still always liked the achievements that actually gave you a reward for doing them. Like Dead Rising unlocking new unlocks in your safe house for future playthrough. Would never 100% that game if it didn't have stuff like the Megaman Blaster.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While I'm not that excite for this (Smash Bros clones tend to be awful), I do honestly hope they add Crash Bandicoot to this as a third party character. His game series is pretty dead at this point, but he used to BE the mascot for the Playstation for the longest time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How weird would it be to just sell off all the disc games for the PS3 and just buy only digital.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm wondering, is Playstation All-Star worth getting with it current Plus price. Getting a Vita this coming week so that a plus, but I remember when watching gameplay videos how the game looked to have no soul to it, mostly coming from the "just build up to a power level" instead of punching people off a stage like Smash Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Flumpus posted:

I was going to get MK on the PC when it comes out tomorrow for $30 (with all DLC), but.... $5? Is the DLC just characters? Most likely I'll just be playing story stuff and dabbling in online, so that doesn't seem like a huge loss for saving $25. That's assuming the PS3 version looks and plays ok I guess.

Yeah from the looks of it only thing missing is the four DLC characters that you could just easily grab later, as the costumes are skippable or free. Also the PS3 version is suppose to be good AND has a exclusive character of Kratos.

• Locked thread