Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's nothing unique about MAG. It's Battlefield with more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You're also restricted from 3/4 of the other players for most of a round in MAG.

MAG is more like 4 games glued together than a true 256 person game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Whatever, argue all you want, my point is that MAG is a PS3 exclusive and also a Good Game. There is no excuse for not having all the major exclusives right at the top of the OP's game list, because they are the major thing that differentiates the PS3 from the other two major platforms.

Same reason God of War 3, Infamous, Motorstorm, and MGS4 should all be there right at the top, instead of loving Bayonetta, whose worst version is on the PS3. It's embarrassing.

It's alphabetical. it's fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He already said it's because of the tags. He put everything with a PS3/360 tag in, and still has to add everything else.

Be useful and link the threads so he doesn't have to go searching for them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VG-Robot posted:

I got it when it first came out, so I had 15 months + 1 for network downtime.

It is still running, and I have got back well over triple back on what I paid for it.

It was +2 for downtime actually. It ends in December or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Changing the game difficulty gives you more time in that trial.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

the truth posted:

So supposedly all you need to do to get Uncharted 3 multiplayer a month early from Subway is to buy ONE drink. What the poo poo?

-The multiplayer officially starts on September 29th at 12:00pm EST.
-The free multiplayer ends on November 13th at 12:00am EST.
-If you buy a drink, you will get the MP code. You have to redeem this code before November 1st to get the MP.
-If you buy a sandwich or some chips, you can get either a

Uncharted 3 Dynamic Theme
Fortune Hunter Bounty
Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
Multiplayer Weapon Skin
Virtual Costumes for PlayStation® Home

I am going to need to buy some of those codes off ebay, I guess. Canada probably won't be getting this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

Or you could put up a thread in Coupons. I'm sure there's a bunch of people there who eat at Subway and don't use their PS3.

True.

It only starts at the end of the month, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

As far as I'm concerned, the Dragon's Dogma and DmC thing is the game industry equivalent of Bryan Singer departing the X-Men franchise to make Superman Returns and having the franchise get handed over to Brett Ratner. Two mediocre things are worse than one good thing, IMO.

Except X-Men 2 was good, and DMC4 was not.

So it's more like the Star Trek movie series: Only half are any good so who cares who is at the helm?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Can you share Sony online passes, or are they not normal DLC?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Role Play McMurphy posted:

A consumer can't break a street date.

With the shady bullshit I've seen people on these forums talk about doing to try to get games early, they're not always innocent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rakanakle posted:

What kind of shady stuff? How can someone purchase a game before street date in a shady fashion? Are drug dealers getting shipments of games now?

Trying to trick employees into believing the game has the wrong number and should already be out, creating a fake complaint about an employee because they wouldn't break street date.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

has the Subway Uncharted 3 promotion started yet?

The multiplayer opens up at the end of the week, so the codes must be out there right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is it because they printed French on it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pandanaut posted:

Some stores have them out but it officially starts on the 29th.

So the contest officially starts the day the multiplayer opens?

Interesting.

Have you heard anything more? Like odds on actually getting a code to get in?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Munky_Magic posted:

Needless to say I went a bit overboard... Any suggestions as to what to play first? I'm looking for a game that I can easily get into given my lack of spare time at the moment.

Uncharted and Assassin's Creed sequels come out in November, so maybe those to see if you like them enough to grab the sequels?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EC posted:

The themes included with the ICO collection kind of suck. Not really surprising, as almost every theme I've seen on the PS3 pretty much makes text impossible to read. Some of the bonus videos are good, even if I'm seen them before, and there's what looks to be some new footage of TLG in the video "walking in the footsteps of giants". At least I hadn't seen bits and pieces of what they showed.

Still haven't unlocked the new trailer or whatever. I'm guessing I'll have to beat one or both games for that.

SotC is really loving beautiful now. It's a crying shame that they didn't at least tweak the camera controls a bit. The camera feels like it's actively fighting you, as if it wants to show a very specific camera angle at a given time. If it would just not try to move after I move it, it'd be perfect.

A lot of themes are fine if you adjust wallpaper brightness. It's always full by default.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LA Noire had content in its open world. You just couldn't go on a GTA style rampage.

The New Vegas thing doesn't say cut content to me. Just a solid plan on where the DLC was going to fit. Better than having the locations spring up out of nowhere when you download the DLC.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Sep 30, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm still waiting on a code. None on ebay for some reason.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

God Hand's not as bad as IGN said, nor is it as good as the internet says.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

So nothing has come up of that whole security breach fiasco for the PSN has it? I ask that because last week someone charged my credit card and bought a bunch of MS points on my Xbox account and people in the thread were saying it might have been because of the PSN stuff, but I use a different password for both and its happening to people who don't even have a PS3.

No. There's clearly some sort of security hole in Xbox Live.

Nobody in that thread wants to admit it though because only lesser free services would be broken into.

vvv No. I don't think they're doing it consciously. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 6, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I question getting inFamous 2 as a prize in a contest where you need inFamous 2 to enter it in the first place.

Well, presumably you'd want to keep the signed copy sealed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pipski posted:

Did any of the DLC for Uncharted 2 include new co-op maps?

No Adventure co-op that I know of, but they added Siege mode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You guys aren't considering the fact that it's $5 for all the DLC if you PSN share it, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to be a huge update today.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...! posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo about their profits, and it's not my job to give a poo poo. Attacking my wallet earns them no sympathy from me. Anyone who defends the games industry doing this but has ever bought a used CD, DVD, textbook, clothing, car, etc. is a hypocrite.

Edit: That rant is not directed at you specifically; it's just some frustration that's been building up at people rolling over on this.

Literally all of those industries have ways to fight secondhand sales, except probably clothes. Even textbooks (Turns out thousands of years old math really doesn't need a new edition every couple of years.)

The argument that gets used a lot about Project 10 Dollar style DLC is "Why does the game industry think it's so special?" Well, for one because it is. Games only work on a specific device. That is a significant amount of control other industries do not have. Through that, they found a way to fight the secondhand market others do not have access to.

You don't have to like it, I don't, but don't say dumb things. Games and books are not comparable.

Those other industries aren't choosing not to Project 10 Dollar you out of the good of their hearts, they just haven't found how to do it yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...! posted:

You tell me not to say dumb things but your entire argument is loving retarded. Secondhand markets are a reality of capitalism. They don't have to like it, but they should have to put up with it.

Seriously, tell me why you think it's OK to buy those other things used and expect a full, working product but it's not OK to have the same expectation of games.

It wasn't supposed to be an argument, I wasn't disagreeing wirh you.

There are many valid arguments against Project 10 Dollar, but "Everyone else deals with it so they should too" isn't one of them. Everyone else deals with it because they have no other choice. That's it. The entire reason. There's no rule in the Big Book of Capitalism that says a secondhand market must exist and that you musn't fight it. None of those other industries like secondhand markets much either, and any one would Project 10 Dollar you in a second if they could, with many trying their best. DVDs and CDs come with single use digital copies, new cars have OnStar or Sirius subscriptions thrown in or non-transferrable service plans, textbooks come with one-time use registration for online stuff etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shalinor posted:

Will it be a Tuesday-only deal, or will it stretch over a few days?

He means it's $9.99 now, instead of $14.99 starting Tuesday.

Edit: As pointed out below, he's wrong though. The price is going to be $9.99.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 23, 2011

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

$9.99 is confirmed on the PS Blog here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/21/drink-up-infamous-festival-of-blood-on-tuesday/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a standalone disk you can rent if you want to play it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shalinor posted:

Play on hard mode - enemies seem to die faster, and the game just plays better. Of course, you die quicker too, so stay in cover and don't waggle your rear end at any armed fortune hunters.

Those are pirates.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just thought you'd all like to know the single player in Battlefield 3 is awful.

Enemies can see through walls and know where you are at all times. I'm only on the second mission and have encountered 2 areas where you're alone and expected to kill a dozen xray vision supermen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shalinor posted:

Most likely. Which is awesome. It's a bit weird in games like Mass Effect, but here, it works perfectly with you being an aggressive gang-leading bitch.

Which is the only way to be.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Renoistic posted:

If that's true I'm glad I skipped preordering the game. The replay value of those games are low enough even with all those things!

It does have multiplayer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shindragon posted:

That DLC better be free then. Which I highly doubt.

It isn't. It's $45 worth of the stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

blue squares posted:

Going to be buying a PS3 for Uncharted 3 on tuesday. Might have to migrate to it for the free online since my Xbox Live expires at the end of November. Pretty excited. Are there any must have extras for the PS3 aside from a headset or will I be good right out of the box?

It doesn't come with any HD cables out of the box. That's all I can think of.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Don't get the console version of Battlefield 3. The whole appeal of the game is the huge 64 player maps and next gen graphics that make it the best looking game out there right now.

People keep saying the maps are too small for 64 players and that they prefer 32 or 24 player servers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Undead Zombie posted:

The Uncharted 3 release seems to be a mess. Tescos are already selling it in the UK, copies have been seen in eastern Europe and now a goon got it from Gamefly the day before release. I've never heard of street dates getting broken so much before.

He didn't say he got it today, just that they sent it.

Usually all it takes is one place to break it, then everyone does because they don't want to lose sales. More common in Europe because they have a billion and one retailers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sony doesn't have enough cartoony or realistic guys to pull it off, I think. It has to be one or the other. Mixing both would just be weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not Kratos and Cole who would be weird, it's generic military guys like Hale and the guy from Killzone nobody can name.

• Locked thread