Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had good suggestions for how to cook eggplant. I recently had some amazing spicy garlic eggplant at a Chinese place recently, that was gelatinous and amazing. But I like eggplants in general and was hoping for some ideas on how to cook them.

Fake edit: Please don't suggest eggplant parm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Since I probably hosed this up tonight, for future reference, if a dough calls for powdered milk, and I replace part of the water with real milk instead, how much extra flour should I add? Equal amount to called for powdered milk? Because I didn't add any extra, and my dough was ridiculously sticky and kind of hosed up what I was making.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Anyone have some suggestions on different ways to cook caulflower?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I've got three pounds of flank steak. What should I marinade it in before I grill it tomorrow?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So I just inherited an immersion blender and was wondering people had any recommendations? I've already made potato and leak soup

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I've got an incredibly dumb question

What part of a green onion should I be using? Like, I know you cook the bulb like a normal onion, but I don't know where I harvest the green part for maximum flavor? Is the part near the bulb? Or is on the other end of the stalk? Or do I just use the whole thing?

Additionally, if you guys have good suggestions for how to get good fresh green herbs to use, I'd be all ears.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
What are people's favorite recipe sites that isn't Serious Eats?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
So l'm the idiot who just realized your not supposed to eat mango skins :doh:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Can I use cheesecloth for removing moisture from applesauce? Or will it just run through?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Thanks, that's what I figured. I'll try apple butter and see if it works better. Its for baking, so hopefully the reduction in water will help

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Anyone got any good recipe blog recommendations? Looking to add some more to my rotation, serious eats is running dry for me